Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


For Sale: 2008 SV650S

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

spikenipple
Crazy Courier



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:01 - 11 Dec 2010    Post subject: For Sale: 2008 SV650S Reply with quote

Hey all,
Regretfully I'm putting my SV up for sale after almost 3 years of ownership. On the bright side it's being replaced with a GSXR 750 Twisted Evil
I bought this bike brand spanking new from Fowlers of Bristol in March 2008, just after '08 plates came into circulation. It's a K7 model with 25,329 miles on the clock. It doesn't need an MOT until 31st March 2011, and it has 5 months tax remaining.
The bike is generally in very good condition, however there are a few things that aren't 100%. The paint has rubbed through to the plastic on parts of the rear plastics. There are some minor stone chips on the front fairing, and a scratch next to the left headlamp. The top yoke has some paint missing. There is some fairly crappy corrosion on the lower fork legs and water pump despite cleaning and ACF50'ing the bike regularly before/during each winter; once the corrosion has settled in it's pretty hard to stop it! There is no corrosion on the fork stanchions.
I have dropped the bike once, when I was in the Alps last year giving it too many beans round a left-hand hairpin... I was only going about 20mph so the damage was minor, however I had a set of crash bungs on which decided to lunch the left-hand lower fairing, so the lowers are no longer fitted. The left-hand foot peg assembly was replaced. Again, please see the pictures.

Besides these points (sorry for the essay, but that covers the lot) the bike is in great condition. Except for the initial 600-mile service, I've serviced the bike myself. The intervals have been followed pretty much to the mile - if not earlier than needed - and the oil filter has been replaced with every oil change instead of every other. I checked the valve clearances at 23,000m and have written the gaps down for future reference.

I fitted a Renthal/DID X-ring Chain & Sprocket kit about 1500 miles ago, a new Avon Storm Ultra rear last week (covered 300 miles since), and the front Avon Storm Ultra is about 3000 miles old. I got 14,000 from the previous Avon Storm front! The front brake pads are approx. 1000 miles old (EBC GG) and the rears (also EBC GG) will need replacing soon.

Extras include:
Blueflame stainless/carbon stubby can with baffle
Flip touring screen, dark smoked
BMC Race filter
R&G Tail Tidy
R&G Bar Ends
R&G Swingarm reels
Chewy's tank raisers

I'm after £2400ish ono as is (lowers and standard bits included if you want them), or if your budget isn't that high I'll put the bike back to standard (+ tail-tidy) and let it go for £2200 ono. ANY OFFERS OVER £2k CONSIDERED.

Cheers
Mike

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/Spikenipple/SV650S%20For%20Sale/P1090150.jpg

https://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/Spikenipple/SV650S%20For%20Sale <--More Pictures
____________________
C50 > GN250 > XJ600 > SV650S K7 > 2001 RSV Mille R > MT-09, XR400R > 2005 Fireblade (trackbike) + 2022 MT-09 + ZXR400 race bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 2.21 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 30.44 Kb