Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bike transport

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ollieholt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: bike transport Reply with quote

hi all, dont know if im ok doing this but think i am.

my dad has bought a scooter from honda watford. we need it transported up to bolton. can anyone recommend a cheap transport company they have used and had no trouble with. its a brand new one.

or if anyone is coming this way with a van pretty soon i can re emburse you + a bit if your willing to do me a massive favour.

any have any idea what these companies tend to charge?

cheers.

ollie

swiftb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Honda Watford not have any couriers? They probably do. The dealer I bought my bike from offered delivery to your door for £99 via a courier.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Lloyd Cooper (Watford Honda)?

I'm quite near them, but I'm not planning any trips up north I'm afraid! I can always collect and store it until you are ready to pick it up if thats of any help!?

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:00 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Re: bike transport Reply with quote

I can probably do it sometime between Thursday and Sunday - but might need to leave delivery from Keighley to Bolton to another day as going to be knackered with all the travelling as it is.

I'll have to have a look and see how far our of my way, etc, it is.

ollieholt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that G, we have put it on shiply to have a look at prices if below £100 notes he is going to go for it, wouldn't want to put you out your way.

keighley is about 40-50 miles from bolton. if we need to use you G i will give you some beer token just let me know how much you would want, ill see what we get back off shiply.

cheers everone, oh and the dealer (lloyd cooper) wanted £245! ripping the piss seen as we are buying a new bike off them! anyway...

cheers for help will update.

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a company to ship a 500 from the south coast to Preston, for £100, could probably dig out a phone number?

ollieholt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
I used a company to ship a 500 from the south coast to Preston, for £100, could probably dig out a phone number?

if you could that would be mint! cheers pal Thumbs Up more quotes the better is what i'm thinking. you never know might catch one who is coming this way with one on board or something.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:14 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you list on shiply and uship then don't waste your time putting a different "target price" and "maximum price" - the majority of the rascals that replied to mine all pegged their bid at the maximum price, presumably because they know everyone else will do it as well.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:59 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiply lets the people bidding on your job big against each other - so they can see all the other bids and bring their's to be the lowest if they want.

Seems to work and I've used them in the past - of course as with ebay etc, you're still getting a random person/company to deal with.

ollieholt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

well bidding has started! £140 was the first offer, shall see what we get by close of play tomorrow.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1