 owl10 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 09 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:31 - 20 Jan 2011 Post subject: Riding In Harms Way |
 |
|
The 'roadworks' thread has made me think....
(roadworks / what would you do thread https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=212546
Earlier I was on a two lane off ramp of the M32 Junction 1 in the left hand hane, begining to slow down. A small fiesta van thing came into the right lane, just ahead of me (so Im now probably in the van's blind spot). There is no traffic ahead and probably still 600m to the roundabout. My Gut feel says Im about to be cut up.
Now - the "a good rider should be able to avoid an accident before it happens" in me says I should slow down alow them to make a mistake and just stay clear...
But I cant... Sure I can keep out the way so I dont get knocked off, but close enough to give a blast on the horn and a shaking the coffee beans sign. I did think about knocking it down a gear and undertaking to make a point, as I have done in the past.(plenty of run off room and hard shoulder if needed as escape route).
I dont go out of my way to out myself in danger, but I know what a ROSPA gold or whatever manual would suggest - yet I conciously decide not to do it (where Im sure i wont be knocked off for chosing not to).
Not the first time, as do it in similar situations as well sometimes, for example when motorway traffic commonly slows to around 60 on a hill on a regular part of my commute (4th lane ends and everyone tries to push in from the outside lane.....) , i'll filter and undertake at 70 even though I know traffic will soon be back up to 70 + again
Part of me reasons this away - Why should my progress be comprimised because they cant drive? I dont generally speed that often, but like to maintain my speed at the speed limit so hate having to slow un-necessarily, it wastes time and fuel - I normally ride slow and stable (70) on motorways for economy.
Maybe Im riding too agressively? or a kind of passive aggression (if thats possible?)
Anyone else find themselves doing this or similar to this or am I just a prat? ____________________ DanceLikeAMonkey says: "An infinte amount of web pages available
Yet I still end up reading crap like that" |
|
 Vman Scooby Slapper
Joined: 23 Sep 2010 Karma :     
|
|
 owl10 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 09 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
|
 Maruchino Spanner Monkey
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:55 - 20 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Chewing tarmac is chewing tarmac regardless of who is at fault.
Plenty of opportunity to show your frustration when it's safe to do so if that's your bag  |
|