Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Paintshop anyone. . .

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:49 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Paintshop anyone. . . Reply with quote

Im useless when it comes to paintshop stuff.
My bike will be sprayed anytime soon but i need a design.
Nothing fancy, I simply want Black and white.
Im thinking of the lower fairings white / upper black
Anyone want to play around - because its doing my head in Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam80UK
Traffic Copper



Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not bad with the old P'Shop, but from your description I'm having a hard time imagining anything other than pretty boring to mundane at best.

Can you be more specific?... and no this does not oblige me to then carry out said P'shopping lol.
____________________
Current: '07 Suzuki SV1000 & '07 Honda SH300i (again).
Previously owned: '08 Yamaha R1, '10 Kawasaki Z1000, '07 Honda SH300i, '04 Suzuki SV1000S, '11 Honda CB1000R, '09 Kawasaki ZX-10R, '08 Aprilia Tuono 1000R, '07 Triumph Daytona 675, '95 Honda CBR600F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top half white (which i hope to be pearl white) Tank, nose cone.
Lower parts of the fairing, inc the tail to be black.
Is that ok?!
yes pretty basic, but with decals and such - should look ok.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I'd start off with something along the lines of...

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/r1white2.jpg

or

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/r1white1.jpg

...despite them being different models of R1.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:42 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:



Win, that is all.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:


I'm with chris on that one. That looks awsome! Thumbs Up
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Carvel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
I'm with chris on that one. That looks awsome! Thumbs Up

+1 does indeed look awesome
____________________
2002 Aprilia RSV1000R, Cbr600Fs, Mk1 B12, Vfr400 NC30...

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam80UK
Traffic Copper



Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

P'shopped your original image;

https://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/78ec08a9b10f400c24b294b9e327cc62b2df7f83359b5ba0f41bbd84870124ae6g.jpg
____________________
Current: '07 Suzuki SV1000 & '07 Honda SH300i (again).
Previously owned: '08 Yamaha R1, '10 Kawasaki Z1000, '07 Honda SH300i, '04 Suzuki SV1000S, '11 Honda CB1000R, '09 Kawasaki ZX-10R, '08 Aprilia Tuono 1000R, '07 Triumph Daytona 675, '95 Honda CBR600F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:38 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coxy_UK wrote:


Ruins the look.

Dont get me wrong. Had I saw this one first I would have loved it. but in comparison to the plain understated one it just falls short.

I love the understated one. It makes a statement in its plainness. "This bike doesnt need snazzy decals to look fast"

Love it! Thumbs Up
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam80UK
Traffic Copper



Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 11 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck I just went with the design brief Sad
____________________
Current: '07 Suzuki SV1000 & '07 Honda SH300i (again).
Previously owned: '08 Yamaha R1, '10 Kawasaki Z1000, '07 Honda SH300i, '04 Suzuki SV1000S, '11 Honda CB1000R, '09 Kawasaki ZX-10R, '08 Aprilia Tuono 1000R, '07 Triumph Daytona 675, '95 Honda CBR600F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 12 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coxy_UK wrote:
Heck I just went with the design brief Sad



AWW. I didnt mean to step on feelings dear. Laughing Nothing wrong with your design. As I said. I just liked the plainer one better.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam80UK
Traffic Copper



Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:26 - 12 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestest fwend again then Smile

To be honest I didn't design anything lol, it's all as it was I just blacked the bits she wanted black and whited bits she wanted white and didn't bother doing anything with the decals.
____________________
Current: '07 Suzuki SV1000 & '07 Honda SH300i (again).
Previously owned: '08 Yamaha R1, '10 Kawasaki Z1000, '07 Honda SH300i, '04 Suzuki SV1000S, '11 Honda CB1000R, '09 Kawasaki ZX-10R, '08 Aprilia Tuono 1000R, '07 Triumph Daytona 675, '95 Honda CBR600F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:29 - 12 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - Top one is just awesome!
Im having it done in pearl white also -
Just made me smile - tankooo Thumbs Up Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
I'm with chris on that one. That looks awsome! Thumbs Up

+2 for that colour scheme... Cool
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the final one pretty much - but minus the belly decals for the time being.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:26 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmmm

Not sure about the blue, no I am, don't like it, sorry.

And ditch the stickers, they are pants.

In fact, go back to craigs original Thumbs Up
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:38 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmm

Not sure about the blue, no I am, don't like it, sorry.

And ditch the stickers, they are pants.

In fact, go back to craigs original Thumbs Up


That ^.


Obviously it's gonna be your bike, so ignore us all completely. BUT, the original was awesome in it's understatedness, kinda lost that with the blue.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:45 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single blue stripe looks ok. Wheels dont look right. But as above said. Your bike your call hun. Every one has different tastes so if you like it go for it. Thumbs Up
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmm

Not sure about the blue, no I am, don't like it, sorry.

And ditch the stickers, they are pants.

In fact, go back to craigs original Thumbs Up


+1 Thumbs Up
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
This is the final one pretty much - but minus the belly decals for the time being.


Step away from paintshop and put the virtual brush down.

Forget the blue.
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikeless
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:33 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with craigs23 original except for white wheels,a pain to keep clean i know but trick looking.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gonzo
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

need any help just ask mate https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gonzos-Kustom-Paint-Shop/163231890376527?ref=ts
____________________
the gonz Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 118.27 Kb