Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mod 1 passed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:31 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Mod 1 passed Reply with quote

After all the faffing and cancelling of tests during the big freeze and the great snow, I took and passed my Mod 1 on Sunday.

The best thing was I didn't even know I was going to take it! I was booked for Monday in Oxford, but they have closed that due to potholes and the whole car park generally falling apart.

So when I rock up for my days practising Mod 1 and 2 day, I get told that it is off to Newbury.

Luckily I was completely relaxed as was fairly sure I would fail, due to all the cone-kicking I had done on my last practice which was at least six weeks ago.

A ride down the A34 at 2 degrees was less fun than it sounds. Instructor did tell me when we got there that my bike had heated grips, and was king enough to show me how to switch them on! The pad itself was wonderful, better than the car park I had practiced on so the speed for the two manoeuvers was easy to get to. Nowhere near kicking the cones. (nearly screwed the figure of 8 though!!)

Anyway, mod 2 on Friday, and starting to think about upgrading my lovely CBF 125. Is there anything wrong with the bigger CBFs??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:52 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:00 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that man.

If your doing your test through a school then use the same bike if you can. I went onto a bigger bike for mod 2 and because I wasnt used to it I failed.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Mr Floyd.

They are basically Honda CB500s. But there seems a vast difference between the three I have had a go on, mostly in terms of the clutch travel and brakes (which makes sense, as I supposed they are all adjusted frequently).

Two of them I can barely reach the clutch, cos my hands are small and girly like.

Thanks for the congratulations.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jodie
Crazy Courier



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:31 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well congratulations AJ.

We had our Mod 1 cancelled in Oxford and had to go to Silverstone which was much better too.

What school are you doing it with? Ours was Lightning.

All the best for Friday, keep your cool and watch those speeds if doing it in Oxford.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you do mod 1 on? If it was a 500 try and get the same bike. If it was a 125 then as far as I know, and I may be wrong, but you cant do mod 2 on a 500. You have to do both on the same class.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 26 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jodie - Lightning with me as well. I think they are a good bunch. Am worried about missing a 20mph sign - there are just so many of them!!

Pinky - twas a 500, and am going to make sure I get the same one on Friday. They have two others I can barely reach the clutch on, whereas this was quite comfortable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.43 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 54.59 Kb