Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:58 - 29 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Jeans are never going to be as good on impact protection

Worse than 1.3mm of leather or 600D nylon? I don't really get that.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 29 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
Jeans are never going to be as good on impact protection

Worse than 1.3mm of leather or 600D nylon? I don't really get that.

Sorry Roger, yet again I wasn't letting facts get in the way of my opinion which becomes fact in my head after I think it.

I always thought leather trousers looked a lot chunkier than that, don't they have material lining behind them, something that looks a bit squishy. Maybe not then.

Drax
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:52 - 30 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAMSXR wrote:

I bought a a pair of these (in blue stonewash) the other week but had to return them as I was a bit ambitious with the size. I ordered a 33" & they were a bit tight around the waist - ((only a bit mind Embarassed)

They looked good & if they had the next size up available I would have got them. They came with knee & hip armour fitted as standard which felt comfortable.

I've been looking for ages for a pair of jeans that have a decent spec & look fairly good as well. My local dealers only stock RST /Red Route & I'm not keen on either.

Will persevere with the interweb purchase & return sketch. Smile

daverave999
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:14 - 30 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a pair of the Grin Factor fully Dyneema-lined jeans?

I used to wear Kevlar or Dyneema gloves in work quite a bit. The Kevlar were hot and bulky, whereas the Dyneema ones were quite slippery and actually seemed to cool your hands. I'm surprised we don't see more Dyneema jeans if they're like my gloves were.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 15 days between these two posts...
Latham This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:48 - 13 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of Oxford SuperSliderz and I really like them. They are very comfortable to wear all day on and off the bike, even with the hip and knee armour. The only downside is that they are very thick and heavy which may be great in a slide (not tested by me yet) but it does make them quite hot in the summer.
Latham This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3