Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hanky's....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Phil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:50 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Hanky's.... Reply with quote

Why oh why do people use hanky's!

If you're a hanky user, please explain to me why you prefer them over say, a tissue or the occasional nose blow in the loo.

When ever I watch someone use one of these things its like watching them pick their nose and put the mined treasure in their pocket for safe keeping.

Why would anyone want to carry snot around in their pocket?!?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tissues which don't act like sand paper are expensive, washing hankies is not. Thumbs Up
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
Tissues which don't act like sand paper are expensive, washing hankies is not. Thumbs Up


You need to toughen up. Laughing

Any tissue/toilet roll will do. Failing that cover one nostril and fire the snot goblin out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stopped moisturising after shaving, I am slowly 'toughening' up! Laughing

I still maintain that it is cheaper using Hankies than tissues though. They also don't fall apart in your pocket after washing them by mistake.
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
I've stopped moisturising after shaving, I am slowly 'toughening' up! Laughing


Bad move boyo! your skin will hate you for that! at thge very least i hope you;re using a good aftershave balm in lieu of moisturiser?
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has taken a very metro-sexual turn for the worse..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
Tissues which don't act like sand paper are expensive, washing hankies is not. Thumbs Up

Remind me never to shake hands with you, as your hands are full of germs from all that snot.

Single use tissues are not that expensive anyway, and they're far better hygiene-wise than hankies. Why would you want to put a snotty hanky in your pocket and then fish it out again to reuse? Sick
____________________
My other bike's a Monster... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentleman:
https://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2008/06/cooper-gary-photo-xl-gary-cooper-623-full.jpg

Snot-filled prole:
https://www.tntmagazine.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/TNT+TODAY+BLOG.1427/swine_2D00_flu.jpg

That is all
____________________
Current Bike: 2018 Honda CRF250L
Ex-Bikes: 2002 Honda CG125, 1998 Honda VFR800, 2011 Honda CBR600F, 2013 Triumph Sprint GT SE, 2015 Kawasaki ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things are worth paying for. If I have to pay a quid here and there for tissues I think it's worth it. Even if you have a lot of colds you shouldn't ever need to spend more than a tenner in a YEAR on them, so for less than a quid a month you can avoid being disgusting.
Tight fisted bastards Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
Failing that cover one nostril and fire the snot goblin out.


Geez me the boak when I see that, fuckin' disgustin'. I'd be feirt tae try it anyway, just in case I ended up with some stuck tae ma lip/chin and I didny know... I'd be black afftronted (to use a Scottish term I also fuckin' detest, but I'm getting off the subject here)

I guy at school used to use a hanky but he was always blowin' his beck.. could never figure out why he'd want to use one though. Keeping yer snotters in yer pocket all day, then reaching in later, gadze!.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevKwak wrote:

Geez me the boak when I see that, fuckin' disgustin'. I'd be feirt tae try it anyway, just in case I ended up with some stuck tae ma lip/chin and I didny know... I'd be black afftronted (to use a Scottish term I also fuckin' detest, but I'm getting off the subject here)

I guy at school used to use a hanky but he was always blowin' his beck.. could never figure out why he'd want to use one though. Keeping yer snotters in yer pocket all day, then reaching in later, gadze!.


What the fuck?!??! Laughing


I'm not a hanky user here, I think they're gopping.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The999Kid wrote:
Charlie wrote:
I've stopped moisturising after shaving, I am slowly 'toughening' up! Laughing


Bad move boyo! your skin will hate you for that! at thge very least i hope you;re using a good aftershave balm in lieu of moisturiser?


spot the gay guy

rebel against the stereotype 999, rebel and be the gay guy who doesnt moisturise
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Billy Connolly routine on nose blowing but I can't find it. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Tissues which don't act like sand paper are expensive, washing hankies is not. Thumbs Up

Remind me never to shake hands with you, as your hands are full of germs from all that snot.

Single use tissues are not that expensive anyway, and they're far better hygiene-wise than hankies. Why would you want to put a snotty hanky in your pocket and then fish it out again to reuse? Sick


Maybe that is why I never get ill because I am dirty? Laughing I have plenty of hankies so they get washed often enough, more so with how much I use them. Having a tissue rip through because you have used it to much and ending up with snot all over you hands is much worse than handling a hanky.

Hankies are more practical! Although you're right they aren't as hygienic, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I question how many people pick their noses and eat it?

The999Kid wrote:
Charlie wrote:
I've stopped moisturising after shaving, I am slowly 'toughening' up! Laughing


Bad move boyo! your skin will hate you for that! at thge very least i hope you;re using a good aftershave balm in lieu of moisturiser?


The last moisturiser ran out around June and I haven't replaced it. For a few months I had dry skin. I no longer using anything after a shave. Now my skin naturally moisturises like it should be. In my eyes moisturising stopped the skin self moisturising.

Flip wrote:
Failing that cover one nostril and fire the snot goblin out.


That is rank. You germ spreader Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
That is rank. You germ spreader Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing


I know but if needs must... Laughing I am considerate enough to land it out of sight though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
There's a Billy Connolly routine on nose blowing but I can't find it. Sad


This one?
____________________
1977 Honda CG125
2002 Ducati Monster S4 (currently restoring)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate it's a newer one that. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

just snort the lot down into your stomach, its gone then never to come back (well not as it went down anyway. Blowing your nose is a fail, either suck it all down or let the snot rockets fly. Thumbs Up
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
There's a Billy Connolly routine on nose blowing but I can't find it. Sad


Good, he's about as funny as a toothache. A dinosaur from the age of comedy when shouting very loudly was thought to be funny, no matter the content.

Hankies, vile. Laughing
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:


What the fuck?!??! Laughing




^^This times eleventy.

I've never quite understood why some people from our skirt-wearing colonies feel it necessary to post in Scotch [sic] like they're one of the Broons.

We have some Norn Iron members here, but their posts aren't littered with 'Dead on's, 'see your man there', 'noi' and 'fil-um', likewise our Welsh members don't post a load of 'there's lovely', 'isn't it' and 'see', they may have a very strong hack-sent, but they don't leave a pause in the middle of their sen

tence in order to reinforce their Welsh-ness.

Equally, our chums from the 'Toon rarely post about 'gannin doon the hoppins' or exhort us to 'keep yorr feet still Geordie hinny an we'll be happy through the neet' until the buurt comes in and we have a fishy on a little dishy. Posters from Yorkshire don't tek or mek, or bore us with ribald tales about how they were on Ilkley moor bar t'at. Their posts have nowt tekken owt. Posts from Lah-dahn don't try and imitate the Pearly Kings with a load of gawd blimey trah-sers and luv a ducks me old mucka, pukka, innit.

So come on you Porridge Wogs, what's with the stupid posts??

Wink

Anyways, back OT - hankies = nasty. Especially when they're used in the time honoured 'blow, check, blow, check' fashion.

Sick
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Well I can't make much sense of that, which I suppose is your point... Laughing

It just happens, man. This place is the hanky for my slang. Sometimes I need a good blow (whoa!, form a queue please). Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:
stuff


Not forgetting that warped would be saying "D'ya like dags" all the time.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:
Posts from Lah-dahn don't try and imitate the Pearly Kings with a load of gawd blimey trah-sers and luv a ducks me old mucka, pukka, innit.


You sure abaht that, geezer?

Don't make me come rahnd yer house and kick the shite outta ye, fair giz me the boak, so it does, och eye the noo.

hellkat
confused
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow, what's wrong with sleeves?

https://martinbarron.org/AIDSRide2001/images/snot.jpg

https://www.tartcider.com/blog/archives/sleeve_sneeze_sneeze.jpg
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 134.98 Kb