Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What're You Currently Listening To

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got too much music Confused

Bit of blues rock added to the collection today.

First off, Jack Bruce with Robin Trower, "Songs From The Road", sounds like a match made in heaven to me Smile

Going way back, I stumbled across The Firm - Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page. I used to have this in my vinyl collection (yes, I had one of those once too Smile ), and had forgotten all about them. Probably not an album I'd listen to all of in one sitting, but some of the tracks are good to hear in a mix.

Added some more Quireboys for that Black Crowes/Stones etc vibe, but like em cos they're just a little more rock 'n' roll, in yer face.

And not forgetting the ladies; couple more albums from Joanne Shaw Taylor, great voice and SRV/Hendrix influenced guitar, but developing her own style nicely. Plus in the same vein, Samantha Fish; perhaps a little heavier on the guitar sound, some nice slide playing too. Good to see it's not just the guys who like to rock it a bit.

Have to face it Strippy, my boy - always been a rocker, always will be Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:28 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's #ThrowbackThursday (on Spotify) is a collection of songs which are 10 years old.
There's a mixture of "Shit, has it been 10 years already?!" and "Oh, I thought that was older." Decent mix, but very pop-centric.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting version of the Bowie's song: The Man Who Sold The World by Midge Ure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g Thinking

Heard in: Metal Gear Solid: Phantom pain.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 23:26 - 05 Jan 2017; edited 1 time in total
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The happy sound of my number 1 chaperone grunting in annoyance at the wonkiness of my flat, as he lays flooring in my hallway passage.

Wub

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Added some more Quireboys for that Black Crowes/Stones etc vibe, but like em cos they're just a little more rock 'n' roll, in yer face.

You'd like the vinyl I got this morning, for my birthday..

1992 mint copy of, "Don't Be Happy... Just Worry", and an equally mint copy of, "P.H.U.Q.", from 1995.

Both early Wildhearts releases, who are firmly linked to the Quireboys.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:

1992 mint copy of, "Don't Be Happy... Just Worry", and an equally mint copy of, "P.H.U.Q.", from 1995.

Cheers, I'll check em out later today Thumbs Up
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nexus Icon wrote:

Cheers, I'll check em out later today Thumbs Up

To transition sweetly from The Quireboys to The Wildhearts, find "My Baby Is A Headfuck" on YouTube. It's not my favourite but it's a jolly tune I could listen to all day.

It also features the last ever recorded guitar work by Mick Ronson (early Bowie guitarist) who guested on it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:

To transition sweetly from The Quireboys to The Wildhearts, find "My Baby Is A Headfuck" on YouTube. It's not my favourite but it's a jolly tune I could listen to all day.

It also features the last ever recorded guitar work by Mick Ronson (early Bowie guitarist) who guested on it.

Lol'd at the Beatles "Day Tripper" reference in that! Classic riff. The Ronson era is the only stuff by Bowie I can get into.

I think it was Glen Buxton playing guitar with Alice Cooper on the Love It To Death and Killer albums, always reminds me of Ronson's playing. The two could have been virtually interchangeable.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Exit 97", from "Innocence and Decadence" by Graveyard. Interesting.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Absinthe in Adelaide", from "If The Devil Cast His Net" by Pearl-Handled Revolver. Cool

Weird. I'm writing some more of my latest story idea, and the shuffle play is selecting loads of stuff that just seems to fit with it so well.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 08 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellacopters Bounce!

"I Wanna Touch" from "High Visibility".

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:23 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beethoven's 9th symphony

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think my "ultimate playlist" is finally coming together right.

Right now, "Ophelia" by The Band. Starting to get to the point where I'm really enjoying every track that comes up, at last. Or maybe my mood has just been more consistent lately? Dunno.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cure - Lullaby

Synths Wub Gotta get mine out and have a play.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_3OwtW8AEK7_q.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oknbIa80wAo

"La Passionara" - The Blow Monkeys

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_3OwtW8AEK7_q.jpg

I painted most of my last home listening to that on repeat. It kept me chilled and stopped me from rushing and doing a poor job.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Oneear
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 03:04 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I've got too much music Confused

Bit of blues rock added to the collection today.

First off, Jack Bruce with Robin Trower, "Songs From The Road", sounds like a match made in heaven to me Smile

Have to face it Strippy, my boy - always been a rocker, always will be Very Happy

They're touring at the moment... https://www.quireboys.com/on-the-road.html but I missed them up here. Must be twenty years ago since I last saw them, at the Mayfair (if you know Newcastle at all).

Quote:

Didn't miss these though - the Christmas gig at the Riverside was ace.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/Ben_Jennings/IMAG0376_zpsydmle5s2.jpg

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:29 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iPod died, and I'm too poor to replace at the minute, so I am milking a free trial of google music.

Around the house, I am listening to Hugh Laurie (Didn't It Rain and Let Them Talk). Really funky blues and jazz with a bit of gospel in there.

A mate is having a hard time and we were talking about how we first started talking, and because it was about an album, Puzzle by Biffy Clyro - Who's got a match is still a massive tune.

Stoosh, Post Orgasmic Chill and Paranoid and Sunburnt by Skunk Anansie were downloaded last night - Skin has one of the best voices imo

Finally, Bush, Razorblade Suitcase and Sixteen Stone.
Some brilliant tunes in there.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm 'Sweet Sweet Pie'.

Lead singer now scores the music for films...You'd never tell from this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2ECvyLWQAAeDBh.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:46 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why but I always feel *very emotional when the belter of a song 'Rock & Roll' by the VU starts.

I can tell you lot can't I? You won't mention it to the lads will you?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2EIy2-XEAAVF3O.jpg
*I cry.

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something a little different, has more talent than 99% of todays "rappers" reminds back to the mid-late 90's stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsW1z9QThsA
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:45 - 14 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5A90D18F315C6D48

Collective Soul - Great album and so underrated.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 104 of 199