Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What're You Currently Listening To

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Cheers.
I'll start at the beginning. Thumbs Up

Wretch is in my basket. Wink

Welcome to the Sky Valley is the best Kyuss album.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:10 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, 'Blues for the red sun" is a long way from being rubbish.
Wretch is the least polished of the lot and recorded before Garcia found his proper voice.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbRBiM2Fyg

Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least polished you say?
Also serves as my modus operandi. Mr. Green

New song on my soundcloud.
See sig.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

New song on my soundcloud.
See sig.

Hehe. Thumbs Up Fancy a guest guitarist for a solo? Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. You know where I lurk. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Sure. You know where I lurk. Thumbs Up

Write something a little bluesy and give me a shout when you're ready.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:31 - 30 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

The forced links to others tracks are, frankly that, forced. It's like linking every song with love in the title to Madness and proclaiming them the source of every song about affection since 1981.

It must be love, love, love.

I thought that some of the links were about far fetched. But then if they're receiving writing credits on the track, then it makes you wonder.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is a firm link between the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and modern music. Very Happy <<<Fact.

This is still in my current Top 10.

For you guitarists out there...marvel.
For the rhythm freaks...nod in appreciation.
For you movers and shakers...Dare you not to move.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1AWd6jW8AAoaiS.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Not bad, but the novelty wore off some way through the third track I listened to. Nothing astounding, new or particularly intriguing guitar-wise. Ok if you just want to settle into a groove that's easy on the ears.

5/10.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see I've caught you on a bad day. Smile
Quick precise playing is never understated in my book as is a good riff and the bloke sure loves his riffs. He cites JL Hooker and Hendrix as an influence.

What can I say...I love it you don't. Karma

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was I being a bit harsh? Laughing
I can hear the JL Hooker influence. Hendrix? Hmm, maybe I didn't hear the right tracks. Then again, is it possible to play anything on electric guitar without it having some kind of influence from blues or Hendrix?

I could chill to it ok, but it just didn't grab me enough to be enthused. It'll be interesting to see if they develop at all. I'd be happy if someone popped it on to play, just not something I'd turn to often I think. I have worse in my collection. Anyhow, it's only an opinion Smile

P.S. I commented because I didn't dislike it Wink

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harsh? Nah. I was being defensive as is my want.

Anyway enough of this upbeat music.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1BFNxCWEAAiTkG.jpg

I've tried to lighten the mood of this LP by including some nice reflections.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 31 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGR3m5Zs9Ic

Always have to get up and try my own ropey slide playing after that track Laughing

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:38 - 01 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I see I've caught you on a bad day. Smile
Quick precise playing is never understated in my book as is a good riff and the bloke sure loves his riffs. He cites JL Hooker and Hendrix as an influence.

What can I say...I love it you don't. Karma

Thumbs Up Damn straight. I am loving this.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 01 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning's mix includes: Black Country Communion, which I kind of think of as a more modern Led Zep without the folk influences; Alvin Youngblood Hart, albums Motivational Speaker and Start With The Soul, a definite favourite artist of mine; Simon McBride, does some good guitar work, but I'm still a little undecided about; current two favourite hard rock bands, The Answer and Tracer; Joe Bonamassa, selected tracks; Blues Pills, who are steadily growing on me; Gov't Mule, who I'm also still undecided about; Tony Spinner, heavily Hendrix influenced blues-rock; and of course, Rory Gallagher and Led Zep.

Most of these tend to be the bands I go to for guitar inspiration at the moment.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 01 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Harsh? Nah. I was being defensive as is my want.

Anyway enough of this upbeat music.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1BFNxCWEAAiTkG.jpg

I've tried to lighten the mood of this LP by including some nice reflections.

I sense you're holding a guitar in an extension.
Some alcohol is involved, and you didn't do up your flies.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 01 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered Devin Townsend today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrDM6V08wcE

Cool That voice at the last part is incredible. I don't normally like screaming but what he does is very good with some great guitar work as well.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 01 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
I discovered Devin Townsend today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrDM6V08wcE

Cool That voice at the last part is incredible. I don't normally like screaming but what he does is very good with some great guitar work as well.

Devin T is awesome.

Just makes the music he wants. Doesn't stick to any particular recipe.

Really talented guy.

His previous band, Strapping Young Lad is just as awesome. Perhaps a touch heavier than DTP. Bit more shouty screaming.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 02 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgtxIWZndI

Bounce! Dance!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 03 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can with a hint of Dub?
Sounds too good to be true until you hear Dunkelziffer that is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1RJYKiXUAA8olO.jpg

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

Welcome to the Sky Valley is the best Kyuss album.
...maybe the next one I get.

1st listen as I type and I hear lots I like and a couple I find too close to Metallica for my liking...Oh wait a minute it's either Deadly kiss or The law...wait....wait...no it's sounds like that jerk from Metallica again. That aside it is furnished with excellent riffage.

Side 3 calls.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1VymRPXEAAF-0k.jpg

[live edit] side 3 has made me headbob....I just need the singer to really scream! I hope he later contracted a nasty habit with matching social life and produces an LP of screaming filth.

Big bikes Laughing I can diggit. It is what it is as the doodles say. The farty Bass guitar ... Very Happy I like that.
Last track Stage III. You can have too much Phaser/Flanger y'know. Smile

Yeah...I'll slap side A on again. Thumbs Up Very LOUD.

My wife (who never ceases to amaze and disgust me with her musical exploits) will love this LP (Would not surprise me is if she's seen them)).

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

My wife (who never ceases to amaze and disgust me with her musical exploits) will love this LP (Would not surprise me is if she's seen them)).

You are a lucky man if you found a woman who enjoys Kyuss. I find Kyuss to be a woman repellant.

Wretch is a good album but Welcome to the Sky Valley and Blues for the red sun are a lot better. I can listen to those albums front to back easily.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Best_of_the_Beast.png

I played Carmageddon II and GTA VC the other day, so I decided to revisit Iron Maiden.

Carmageddon II:
Man on the Edge
Be Quick or Be Dead
Aces High
The Trooper

GTA VC:
2 minutes to midnight

*Great car music, must not run over pedestrians though.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:38 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2566446/otway.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 103 of 199