Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What're You Currently Listening To

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 26 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/3QxwYWYzEis
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 26 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Well you learn something new everyday...Didn't know he could sing. Thought he just did guitar workshops and demos. Laughing

So this was waiting for me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNErJwaW0AAOFBw.jpg

As I'm aware, you coolkids watch the youchoobe so here is the opening track.

https://youtu.be/5zg2f0pya84
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 26 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
^^^Well you learn something new everyday...Didn't know he could sing. Thought he just did guitar workshops and demos. Laughing

Who, Bonamassa or Hughes?
I think Bonamassa is a pretty good singer/songwriter and obviously an excellent blues/rock guitarist, but strangely, I don't think much of what I've seen (on video) of his live performances. Not the most entertaining frontman, but I'm prepared to forgive that for the rest Smile

Glenn Hughes? I didn't know he sang until I came across this band. Not my favourite vocalist, but the band generally has grown on me until it's now a favourite.

Bonamassa and BCC pretty much fill the void left over from 70s acts like Led Zep for an old skool rocker/dinosaur like myself Smile I love a bit of mandolin in rock for starters (Steve Earle is another one for that, although he takes it all the way to bluegrass, as well as country rock). Used to dabble with it a bit myself, though more with an acoustic guitar accompaniment.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still warm.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNJvrf8WkAATEEg.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 29 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

An antidote to all that noisy rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIcJvrOeeMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYnfxK0Nw7M

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:11 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added some more Alice Cooper to the collection today - dunno, maybe the halloween mood is on me, or maybe it was the horror movie I watched last night, but it's the mood I woke up to today. Fancy reading some Stephen King too, perhaps some of the short story collections. Once I've finished pitch-forking all the little kids' dead bodies off the doorstep of course.

Albums DaDa, Dirty Diamonds, Dragontown and Zipper Catches Skin.

Also, listening to more Pearl Handled Revolver, a band that is really growing on me.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proper.
Wub

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNj14-TWAAAQj6M.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNj142MW0AAvjS6.jpg

Go on...dip your toes into something original, powerful and honest.
https://youtu.be/QS0O4g1ogqY

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agit-punk to Agit-pop.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNkSfTUX4AUEV8x.jpg

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been at the new house in Stoke all day getting some stuff done. Spanked it home in the van 2 hours and 5 mins
door to door. Mainly because of this album played on repeat all the way home at speaker endangering volume.

Great Southern Trendkill

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Pantera_The_Great_Southern_Trendkill.jpg

Fuck yeah!!
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali Farka Toure - The Source.

Mali music....don't get much better.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNuAMjQXUAcI36T.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Been at the new house in Stoke all day getting some stuff done. Spanked it home in the van 2 hours and 5 mins
door to door. Mainly because of this album played on repeat all the way home at speaker endangering volume.
Great Southern Trendkill
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Pantera_The_Great_Southern_Trendkill.jpg

Fuck yeah!!

And taking the chequered flag ... its Sterling Moss in the Pantera-sounding Zook Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling?
Stirling?

Shifty (Sturling?)

*wanders off to google Mr S. Moss*

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Stirling ...

In fact :
(Wikipedia tells us)
Sir Stirling Craufurd Moss OBE

Alright Craufurd, my mannn

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that Alice Cooper wrote a song about me Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6xGIeG6Ep4

Generally still in an Alice mood, but all the other usuals on the list too. I think I have now perfected my music collection to my taste, nothing else needed. Which seems to go for everything else I ever used to do too Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had bloody Madagascar 3 banging on in the background, doing me nut in. With one small exception (the irresistable "No speak Americano") , it was tedious background noise.

Now I have changed channels and its a programme about Taranto (Italy) and if I am not mistaken, it has one of the pieces from "Metamorphosis" by Philip Glass tinkling along in the background.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Saturday afternoon tv...that's desperate! Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just background noise.
I can't think straight enough to be bothered choosing any particular genre I want to listen to.
Its "Mastermind" now.
Fucksake
#couchlock

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Its just background noise.
I can't think straight enough to be bothered choosing any particular genre I want to listen to.
Its "Mastermind" now.
Fucksake
#couchlock

If I was stoned right now, I think I'd put two albums by Alvin Youngblood Hart on: "Start With The Soul", and "Territory".

Pearl Jam just come on in the mix though.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mix has gone all romantic now Wub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIuAz7aryo

Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.audio-music.info/pic/h/Human_League_The_Original_Remixes_and_Rarities.jpg

On CD, anyone remember them? Are they all being used a coasters now?
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:

Always been an AC fan since i was a kid.His new album 'Paranormal' is his best in a long time.

Yeah, I like it.

A mate introduced me to Alice's music many years ago. His name was Steve(n), so he thought the "Welcome to My Nightmare" album was about him personally Laughing

I got into most of the albums of that time, and the early 80s ones, "Special Forces", "Flush the Fashion" etc. A lot of good memories attached with those albums. But I lost interest when "Constrictor" came out - it wasn't the Alice I had come to know. But I sampled some of his more recent albums a little while ago, and discovered he's done a lot of stuff that I do like since then. I think I rediscovered that with Alice, it's as often about the lyrics as the music itself too, but I like how he approaches things differently to most rock artists. Alice was always about more than just LOUD!

With a couple of early exceptions, I now have all his albums, but it's funny because the way I listen to music has changed since those early days. I very rarely listen to an album from start to finish, and as you know, many of Alice's are concept albums that are meant to be listened to that way. But I've found the music works just as well all mixed up together and played as random too, once you know the stories well (I don't think i'm making much sense here Rolling Eyes ).

Goes very well with reading Stephen King (my mood has been quite dark lately) Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:

Yeah,i'm like you,i rarely listen to albums from start to finish these days,tend to pick my favourite songs.Though i find it hard to skip any tracks on Saxon's 'Strong Arm Of The Law' album,that is pretty much the perfect metal album IMO.Still gets a regular play nearly 40 years after i first had the original LP.

Oh yeah, "Dallas 1pm" is an awesome track for starters Thumbs Up Also, the Wheels of Steel album imo (with the possible exception of the last minute or so of "Machine Gun" Laughing ).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 118 of 199