Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What're You Currently Listening To

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess of the Night is ace - beyond that eh, I prefer maiden.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

I love the albums with Paul D'Ianno, and quite like Number of the Beast, but after that, I couldn't get along with Dickinson's voice. But I might have a dip to see if my view has changed.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I love the albums with Paul D'Ianno, and quite like Number of the Beast, but after that, I couldn't get along with Dickinson's voice. But I might have a dip to see if my view has changed.

Agree totally - I get off the Maiden train after Piece of Mind, though. The Trooper is great, Where Eagles Dare is good - after that I'm struggling a bit though. Flight of Icarus is bland shit. I can't remember any more from PoM. Hence why I abandoned them. There's the odd single here and there, like Two Minutes to Midnight and Can I Play With Madness, but by and large it all turns to shit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get off the Maiden train after Piece of Mind, though. The Trooper is great, Where Eagles Dare is good

I'll check those out first then Thumbs Up What is it that puts you off anything later than that?

To me, Iron Maiden was about dual guitars with killer bass lines, and they very much had their own unique sound. If they, like many other bands, subsequently went to the much heavier and heavily compressed 'thrashy' guitar sound that they all use now, I won't be interested. I liked their original formula. And there's still Mr. Air Raid Siren's voice...
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just felt the riffs got blander and blander, and Powerslave bordered on soft rock. They lost their edge and the tunes went with it. They tried to regain it all at various junctures, but never managed it.

ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I basically got my maiden fix from metallica - or at least, I got really into the ride the lightning LP (or side one at least!). Some brilliant solos and dual guitar shit on that rekkid. First LP = pants though, and also, I never did manage to get into pasta of muppets either. But RtL's first side is excellent.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just come on, good old fashioned bluesy rock 'n' roll by young newcomers Greta Van Fleet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

Crank it up!
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toilet Twig.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN-GMwdWAAAvBld.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very English electroclash.

Fat Truckers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOCt2hiX0AA8Jyk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOCt2hrWsAEsOwU.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XKB4TKYqoE

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:32 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Maiden goes you can't get a lot better than Brave New World?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

One for the metal fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hd_OuKosxg

Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JjARbY2rmM

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been on a Youtube spree of watching Slipknot related videos (interviews and such) I soon progressed onto other searchings and was enlightened of Slipknot ex-drummer's side/new projects.

Scar the Martyr - Real crunchy guitars, fast drumming and mixture of cleanish and scream-ish vocals. Very catchy hooks and riffs.

Vimic - Very similar to previous link but a switch up on vocals and perhaps a slightly lighter "heaviness". Comparable to Asking Alexandria circa 2013.

Sinsaenum - A perfect blend of death metal and black metal. To most, will sound like noise and shouting, but it really does it for me. Makes you nod in appreciation whilst you think "Fuck yeah, that's fucking brutal; I'm off out to slaughter some nuns and burn a church and then go grab me a triple shot espresso from Starbucks and it's 11pm and I have school tomorrow! omg so edgy. lol"

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w

Cool

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
Having been on a Youtube spree of watching Slipknot related videos (interviews and such) I soon progressed onto other searchings and was enlightened of Slipknot ex-drummer's side/new projects.

Scar the Martyr - Real crunchy guitars, fast drumming and mixture of cleanish and scream-ish vocals. Very catchy hooks and riffs.

Vimic - Very similar to previous link but a switch up on vocals and perhaps a slightly lighter "heaviness". Comparable to Asking Alexandria circa 2013.

Sinsaenum - A perfect blend of death metal and black metal. To most, will sound like noise and shouting, but it really does it for me. Makes you nod in appreciation whilst you think "Fuck yeah, that's fucking brutal; I'm off out to slaughter some nuns and burn a church and then go grab me a triple shot espresso from Starbucks and it's 11pm and I have school tomorrow! omg so edgy. lol"

I'm sorry, I just can't go there Laughing

I have, however, just got myself a couple more Avenged Sevenfold albums. Yeah, they get towards the realms of the extreme sometimes, but I like the fact they're a bit more varied - you know, even musical at times! Shocked Laughing That's as far as I go in metal.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w

Cool

Much awesomeness.

I was listening to Einaudi earlier.
And Yann Tiersen.

I am being all Gynopedian and Gnossienne-ish now.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem - gyMnopedien.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

One must be careful what sort of paedia one is talking about.

I like Eric Satie

as much as those trays of twelve chicken satay you get out of Tesco?

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm sorry, I just can't go there Laughing

I have, however, just got myself a couple more Avenged Sevenfold albums. Yeah, they get towards the realms of the extreme sometimes, but I like the fact they're a bit more varied - you know, even musical at times! Shocked Laughing That's as far as I go in metal.

Avenged are my all time favourite band. Y'know that one band that no matter what they do, you'll love them? That's Avenged for me.

What's your favourite songs/albums so far?

I could gush for days about them so by all means open the flood-gates with an open-ended question, but beware of much Tef-esque dribble about aspects of the band you're probably not bothered about! Laughing

Top choice!!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Avenged Sevenfold

What's your favourite songs/albums so far?

Tbh, I don't know yet. I had "The Stage" already, but still haven't heard it all the way through. It's been going in the mixes, and I just noticed when songs from it did come up, I liked them. So today I dipped into them a bit more, just listening to bits of tracks here and there, liked more of what I heard, so added "Hail To The King" and "Nightmare". I like my mix to surprise me Laughing I heard vocals that weren't just screaming, guitar parts that obviously had some thought go into them, as well as one or two bits I wasn't so keen on, but overall, liked more than I didn't. But having more of their albums in the mix means I'm likely to hear more of them...right? Laughing (fucking random play, my arse Rolling Eyes ).

Still listening more to the Alice albums I've recently added ("Brutal Planet", "The Eyes of Alice Cooper" and "Dirty Diamonds" I'm enjoying a lot). I've got a lot of bands and albums that I haven't heard right through, but added them on the basis that I liked the samples I listened to. Some I'm beginning to get familiar with, and just slowly going through marking those tracks that I like and those I don't.

Does all this make me weird? Thinking

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:20 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side A of this demo tape which I'm doing my best to clean up then transfer to the digital realm.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOTnzUcWkAIgmJu.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOTnzUNXUAAxwMC.jpg

Those university students in the 90s sure had a lot of spare time. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 119 of 199