Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

F1 CAR VS BIKE (BIKE WINS!!!!!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:17 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: F1 CAR VS BIKE (BIKE WINS!!!!!) Reply with quote

F1 car VS Bike, i've had to considerabley shorten this clip and lower its quality as im running out of space on my server. But you can still see the bike can the F1's arse. Not sure what the bike is but it must be special to do it, it looks abit like an older R1. Can anyone tell.

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/graham.sykes80/getaway_moto_contre_F1.asf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

baldrick
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

while I enjoy comparisons, this video is not a proper one, for factual info, F1 cars lap "up to 20 seconds " quicker than motogp bikes depending on the track, certainly a mere R1 would not be anywhere near. But enjoy it, I did
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the bike an R7?

But yeah I agree with Baldrick I really can't see any bike keeping up with an F1 through the corners like that one appeared to be.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 18:47 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed an R7.

Are you sure its an F1 car and not one of the lower classes?

As they said, theres no way even a MotoGP bike could keep up through the corners.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:55 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, it looks and sounds like a proper F1 car (not a lower class) the track has alot of straights and not many corners so the bike does have a benefit as you can see when it flies past the F1.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 20:15 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a formular 3 type car...
But what would i know hey.

I would definetly say forular one cars are faster round the majority of tracks compared to moto GP bikes.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:26 - 28 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently a Formula 1 car can do 0-100mph in around 3.6s. Above these speeds aerodynamics are going to take over from a the bike's problem's keeping the front wheel on a ground.

Cars /are/ a lot faster than motorbikes, it's just that you're unlikely to ever be able to buy a car anywhere near a real Formula 1 car, while if you compare the latest super bikes with Moto GP bikes they're not nearly as far off.
The cars that do come close to being fast also usually cost ridiculous amounts of money, while you can get some of the best street bikes out there for little more than the price of a new Fiesta.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:37 - 28 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
apparently a Formula 1 car can do 0-100mph in around 3.6s.

I googled for this and apparently it's 0 to 100mph and back to 0 again. Holy shit Shocked

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:45 - 28 Dec 2003    Post subject: f1 car Reply with quote

Fck 8O ,Thats fast !!!!!!

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 21:09 - 28 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
G wrote:
apparently a Formula 1 car can do 0-100mph in around 3.6s.

I googled for this and apparently it's 0 to 100mph and back to 0 again. Holy shit Shocked

That's quite right Cool
We went to the F1 in France this year, and to watch they way they accellerate/brake is absolutly mind blowing! Shocked

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a small article in a recent bike mag...super bike i think saying bikes are now faster than an fi car...in a straightline anyway, gp bike were recently tested, and althou i will have to dig out the article, the ducati was fastest at about 218mph

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:13 - 01 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't they limit the F1 car's top speeds tho? A thought they did, a few years ago cos it was getting too dangerous.

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: car Reply with quote

An F1 car has SOOO much downforce due to wings and stuff there no way it would be able to go faster than a bike which is fairly bullet shaped!??!?!

But it would have cained the bike around the corners Question

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 23:52 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the F1 car does have a lot of downforce. But its also a hell of a lot more aerodynamic than bikes. Even the most aerodynamic sports bike is still only around as good as a common or garden family car.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 16 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know...that IS a proper F1 car.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:06 - 16 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything to substantiate that and explain why it is so slow relatively?

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 19:07 - 16 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woman driver? Razz

(hides)

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 22:31 - 16 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the F1 car has a Polo engine.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 17 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the lesser Formula cars have big ram-air cones on the side of the engine cases for starters. And I watch a lot of F1 and I would bet my new bike thats its F1!

Maybe it was a bike-biased video!!! Maybe the rider paid the car driver money to go slow to make his riding look good!!! Who knows...... Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MadDee
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:57 - 24 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to explain the reason - that video seemed a bit jirky and could have been spliced, I wasn't sure on the F1 car's movement, a bit jerky, coukld just be my system, but i know what a determinded person can do with some graphics editing tools and a few seconds of movie clip...........
In saying that, its still a really cool video..

Shark_W
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:16 - 18 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Yes, the F1 car does have a lot of downforce. But its also a hell of a lot more aerodynamic than bikes. Even the most aerodynamic sports bike is still only around as good as a common or garden family car.

There is no way an F1 would be more aerodynamic than a tiney bike, the giant tires on the front of the car does make a lotta drag, annyways,

could you just imagine if cars had the power to wieght ratio of bikes? it would be crazy Shocked that track did look like it was more of a bike track to Confused

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 19:17 - 18 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark_W wrote:
McJamweasel wrote:

There is no way an F1 would be more aerodynamic than a tiney bike, the giant tires on the front of the car does make a lotta drag, annyways,

could you just imagine if cars had the power to wieght ratio of bikes? it would be crazy Shocked that track did look like it was more of a bike track to Confused

Didn't do well in science at school I take it? Or english for that matter Razz

Shark_W
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:24 - 19 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't do well in science at school I take it? Or english for that matter Razz

what was your reason for attacking me like that?

ok, then. yes a f1 is more aerodynamic then a bike, but it does make a lot more drag wich slow it down. I aslo think the track was more made for Motorcycles and not cars.

is that better Rolling Eyes

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 01:54 - 19 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikes are very un-areodynamic. I think the areodynamic coefficient of a good sports bike is about the same as a van, with an unfaired bike similar to a lorry.

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 21 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand sports bikes are less aerodynamic than any car; I read a numerical explanation once, and Im sure the bike produced at least 150% more drag.

It sounds strange but its the bikers body - It's basically a natural parachute shape! Sure a car is bigger, but the entire thing is sloped in the right direction.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3