Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DAFT-BAT-Out of 'L'!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 04:02 - 22 Feb 2011    Post subject: DAFT-BAT-Out of 'L'! Reply with quote

https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/XX-Forum%20Posts/donat06.jpg

If you are wondering what has happened......................

I HAVE A FULL LICENCE!

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS TO GET HERE

Post was originally called: He`s gone and done it now

Read on for all the trials and tribulations along the way, and my 'I've Done it' conclusion, on page... errrrrr...... 14!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tef i love him dearly, but he likes to give my panick attacks.......

Hes only gone and booked me in for my theory Test in 2 weeks...its a good job ive got most of it sussed..... He was telling the truth when i first met him........that he was getting me through my test....Think i liked it better when my exs gave promises and didnt keep them (only joking)

then once ive done Theory,a new CBT is due,Also it looks like MOD1 will be in a month,then in another month MOD2

Wants to crawl back under my rock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way

Last edited by SnowTigeress on 17:30 - 13 Sep 2012; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 05:13 - 22 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only scary because I'm MAKING it happen, and now its real, not talk. when I first met you, you wanted some help to fix your cruiser thing, and some one to watch you ride, give you some tips and pointers to help you pass the test, REMEMBER!?
Well, I have helped you build a bike.
I bought you the Practice DVD for your birthday, 3 months ago.
I have watched you ride. I have given you ALL the advice and tips I can.
You are READY for this. You can DO this.
I have faith in you.
Enough to sacrifice MY bike this season to pay for it all for you....
So now go show me that faith isn't misplaced and all my effort hasn't been for nothing, but most of all, do it because THIS is what you told me you want, what you were born to do, and what's is plain bludy obvious when ANY-ONE that has the first clue, sees you ride!
Riding a bike is scary, dodging idiots out to knock you off!
sitting a ruddy test, in front of a computer, AINT scary! Its not like electrodes come out the chair, or the mouse gives you electric shocks for a wrong answer! THEN you have to bimble about a playground for a morning, like you have done three times before to get your CBT renewed, and then just ride, like you have been for gawd knows how many years... only difference is you will have a bloke in a bib following you about for a few hours of it, and then one with a clip-board instead of a personality, in front of whom, all you have to do for forty five minutes, is avoid killing yourself, or any-one else, whilst dodging the numpties, and you get a licence!
Worst that can happen is computer or clip-board man gives you the WRONG bit of paper.... and you have to do it again! Its not like that will bring about a world economic meltdown, global famine, nuclear holocaust or the end of civilization as we know it!
Scary?!? Hows these tests ANY more scary than being in the same room as when I pull my boots off? Or being in the Range Rover when I reach down and engage low box, and say "Now this may be a bit bumpy!" Scary? Thats being in the passenger seat of teh Chavic when I decide to over-take a ballast truck on a windy country lane? sitting in front of a computer, or riding round the block in front of Mr Clip-Board personality? Pah! Walk in the park!
Youl breeze it, Babe, BREeeEASY!
four flags, so come on, two weeks, get onto those Haz-Pep mocks and lets get the first one filled with a big PASSED sign![/i]

Last edited by Teflon-Mike on 17:27 - 13 Sep 2012; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 22 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. From the sounds of things its just nerves holding you back. Mike done the right thing in booking the test for you, chances are you'll have put it off.

Bet you have had more experience on a bike and better lessons than anyone else on here with Mike training you up. He does go on a bit at times but he does know his stuff and if he's anything like that away from the forum then you have a great teacher.

Get it done, get it passed and then buy him a pint or 5. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

spit1972
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

what pinkyfloyd said Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

whitedevil
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only natural to be nervous before your lessons/tests etc i know i was but passed them easily, just like you will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

maccidees2002
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:10 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just want to say hope it all goes well , I have my theory booked for the 10th of March and my first ever cbt for the same weekend.
I'm nervous as hell and have virtually no experience. It sounds like you have all the help and knowledge you need you just need the boot up your arse that Mike so happily applied!

good luck !

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:37 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Snowtigress! Don't let nerves hold you back. The real test is no different from the practice test. Try and think of it as another practice run that way if you pass it's all done and dusted. If by some fluke you don't then it was just a practice run and then there should be no nerves next time.

Also good on ya Mike for pushing ST to finally do it. Just make sure she doesn't 'crawl back under that rock' to hide again, she'll thank you for it once it's all over and done Smile

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck but I'm sure you wont need it!

Good on you for sticking it out and getting on with it Thumbs Up .

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question part is easy, make sure you practice the hazard perception stuff thoroughly. And good luck! Take a deep breath and show that computer whos boss Thumbs Up

haz_pro
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:00 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

Just remember, the tester for mod2 is just a sat nav Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:11 - 23 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Advice From the 1950s>If you're nervous, be sure to take a good swig of single malt from your hip flask. It's only polite to offer the examiner some as well.</Advice From the 1950s>

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:02 - 05 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
<Advice From the 1950s>If you're nervous, be sure to take a good swig of single malt from your hip flask. It's only polite to offer the examiner some as well.</Advice From the 1950s>

I think id give the examiner the full bottle and ill keep the vodka

Thanks guys for the incouragement Very Happy

By the way Tefs also said ive got to do my car licence too.........as im a care assistant and for some reason they dont want me to take the old biddies out shopping on the bike...

Thinks i`ll be driving like this on my first lesson

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/200380_10150155488949948_647049947_8203941_2698228_n.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:40 - 06 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 2 more nights and then my theory test.............. cant wait........... ive passed all 20+ tests ive done so far Very Happy

Snakeskin74
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:55 - 06 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, Ive got to do my theory soon as well. Wink

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 22:29 - 07 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, she has, with MUCH 'encouragement'... OK, me nagging, grumbling, refusing to feed her until she'd done it, kind of bum kicking..... been doing her Practice DVD for at least an hour a day for the last fortnight....... she has practiced the thing to death, and her progress report has shown consistent improvement across all categories to the pint that her Theory scores are in the 80/90% zone, across the board, and her Hazard Perception scored have come up from a few marked under pass to only a couple off perfect, again, up the the 80/90% range. The pass marks are barely 60%.... she should do this COMFORTABLY... the ONLY reasons she might have for failing is exam nerves, being vexed by the change of situation / style of the test conditions, or getting a whole string of REALLY off the wall 'trick' questions, or NOT TURNING UP!

14 hours to go, and she has decided she has toncilitus!

I don't care, short of falling down dead with pneubonic plague I will DRAG the ruddy woman to that test center! In fact, I'd probably still drag her corpse to the test center, and insist on a British GMC registered Doctor, providing a DEATH certificate, endorsed by the second opinion of a member of the Guild or Surgeons, before I'll take any ruddy excuse she cant take the ruddy test!

Wish me luck getting her there, will you!
She shouldn't need it.
She should just have to turn up and do it!

Jodie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:00 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and calm down a bit Snowy, you'll walk it.

I was really nervous last year when I did mine, I got sat down amongst all the young uns, composed myself a bit and flew through it. It's just the same as you've been doing at home, infact I thought the hazard part would be my downfall but it was actually easier on the test.

Good luck girl, you WILL do it Very Happy

l0p0l
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:50 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck - I am right here with ya !!
I have my Mod 2 tomorrow morning at 9.10 and have already started to fall into panic mode.. All the tests I have ever taken, this is the one I want the most..

Fingers crossed we can do it !

Veni, vidi, vici

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:40 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

l0p0l wrote:
Good Luck - I am right here with ya !!
I have my Mod 2 tomorrow morning at 9.10 and have already started to fall into panic mode.. All the tests I have ever taken, this is the one I want the most..

Fingers crossed we can do it !

Veni, vidi, vici

Wishing you the best of luck mate!

The Mod 2 is the 1 im dreading the most,The fact of being watched my every move....I remember my first CBT i was riding lovely in the playground till he looked at me and everytime he looked i stalled it

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:27 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Snowtigress and l0p0l. You can do it Smile

Just read the questions carefully and if you review your answers only change them if your more than 90% certain you marked it wrong in the first place. I reviewed mine and changed the last answer cos I wasn't sure and got that one wrong.

This time tomorrow ST you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. As for the Mod 2 treat the examiner like your instructor as if just a guiding voice in your ear. Depending on the examiner s/he may even start cracking jokes in your ear like mine did - mind you I think that put me on edge more Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:13 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:
The Mod 2 is the 1 im dreading the most,The fact of being watched my every move....I remember my first CBT i was riding lovely in the playground till he looked at me and everytime he looked i stalled it

Performance anxiety, I get it too. Slightly out-of-body experience, where you get distracted thinking about what you look like you're doing, rather than what you're doing?

The wife took some weird hippy medicinal stuff before her tests - might be Kalms or some other herbal gloop. Oh, got it, it was "Rescue Remedy".

Sex also relaxes you before a stressful event - it's true, I read it online this one time... Wink

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:28 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
snowtigeress wrote:

Performance anxiety, I get it too. Slightly out-of-body experience, where you get distracted thinking about what you look like you're doing, rather than what you're doing?

The wife took some weird hippy medicinal stuff before her tests - might be Kalms or some other herbal gloop. Oh, got it, it was "Rescue Remedy".

Sex also relaxes you before a stressful event - it's true, I read it online this one time... Wink

im on propranolol,which are beater blockers,and sex dont work....Tef cant even walk or talk after ive had my way with him.... Embarassed

grrrrrrrrrrrrr I passed the theory Very Happy but failed the hazard by 1 point Sad ..............oh well suppose ill have to book it again
Rolling Eyes

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 19:01 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ALL for your support... bit of a set back, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Her licence expired today, so she was hanging off sending it off for renewal so she was sure to have it to present at the test center.

So, stopped at post office and popped that in the letter box on the way home, so soon as its back, we can get another test booked.

Its no great set back at the moment, she's still got to get the Pup finished so she can start the road training and do practicals.

So, came home via the pub for a stiff drink and a nice relaxing meal to commiserate.

Couldn't have asked more of her. She was as prepared for it as we could make her. It was JUST that bit of 'Ug' Factor..... but for ONE lousy mark, though!?!?!?!?!?!

Rogerborg wrote:
snowtigeress wrote:

snowtigeress wrote:
im on propranolol,which are beater blockers,and sex dont work....Tef cant even walk or talk after ive had my way with him.... Embarassed

Err...... disabled due to hysterical paralysis.. I struggle to walk and talk, especially symilteniousely.... anyway.... but.... err... what few faculties I MIGHT have... err.... yeah..... works for me though dear!

snowtigeress wrote:
grrrrrrrrrrrrr I passed the theory Very Happy but failed the hazard by 1 point Sad ..............oh well suppose ill have to book it again
Rolling Eyes

Oh Well..... it happens..... Haz Pep WAS the one we were worried about..... that clicky here don't over clicky there.... its a BIT of a lottery. Your results show you didn't MISS the hazards though, just didn't get enough early enough.......

And ONE MARK :CRY: gutting!

Circumstatial.... JUST unfamiliarity with the test conditions, venue, bit of nerves and a sore throat...... do Strepcils have alchohol in them I wonder? Could they have made you a bit drowsey? Er, no, NOTHING makes you drowsey, does it!?

Oh well........ Never mind, you know how it works now for next time, and all you gotta do is find ONE LOUSEY mark on the Haz Pep!

But, hey YOU TRIED

You couldn't do more than you did. Its a bummer, but the worlds still turning and we can book another test..... soon as your licence comes back.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:15 - 08 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, bad luck. And it really is bad luck - the scoring zones are all over the place. It's as likely you were clicking early than late. Sad

And don't feel bad either Mike, I'm sure you did your best at de-stressing. "Performance anxiety"? Laughing

l0p0l
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 09 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blew it !... Failed with 2 serious (missing rear observations) "I have no idea where which worrys me" and also buggered up the stop and go. Pulled over (fine) thought I was in first and chugged it out into the road in 2nd stupid mistake I know.

Im guessing the 2 missing observations came after this as I switched off a little frustrated with my mistakes.

Anyway.. We live and learn !

Booked again for the 23rd.

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:29 - 09 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the new ST and l0p0l. Try and consider those tests as final practice runs and the real tests will be the next one. You've both had a 'feel' for what is required and next time you'll ace them.

That said, one lousy mark ST, that's a bummer. You did pretty good though considering you weren't up to par. Next time you'll show that test who's boss Smile Mike, ST knows you're in her corner so there is nothing to feel bad about.

l0p0l it's easy to switch off after a mistake. It's possible you didn't your shoulder checks on a couple of occasions eg, when moving over to turn right or before turning left, moving off after a stop light, etc. Unless you asked the examiner you'll not know exactly when. Just keep practising especially your lifesavers and you should breeze the test. Good luck on the 23rd.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 52 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16