Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

some bastard stole my battery and toolkit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:14 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: some bastard stole my battery and toolkit Reply with quote

looked out the window at my bike when i got up, noticed the cover looking half on half off. Went out there to find someone has ripped off the panel where the main fuse is, nicked the battery and toolkit and snipped lots of wires. Bloody pissed of right now, gotta go to work on a bmx. I guess someone needed the parts for their bike, is this a common thing? Thank god there's no other damage, just the one snapped panel and the wires. Mad Crying or Very sad Thumbs Down

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've heard of someone taking the battery and toolkit specifically. Vandalism isn't as rare though.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a scut fucking bastard.

On a side note, I left my bike outside a mate's on Friday night, wrapped a chain around the wheel and frame, then when I came back in the morning there were some pretty odd slices/chunks into the padlock, as if somebody had tried to have it off.

It just seemed pretty odd that somebody might try to steal my bike and then, after failing, they didn't do anything at all to sabotage it out of spite, like pull the fuel line out or pierce the seat, deflate the tyres, or some other delinquent thing that I would certainly do if I were in their shoes Laughing

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

FKIN LOL Laughing

&

What a shitter Sad

mark111
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:47 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck Fella Sad , Hope you get it back up and running soon ,,

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:53 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah this is bullshit. only had the bike a few months. just had a scout on ebay and can't even find the panel i need, thought i would have found a few easily. The battery looks quite pricey too and i'm screwed for money at the mo. arrghhh Mad

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a batterry on a bmx Shocked Rolling Eyes

U_W v2.0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

previous owner of mine said the tool kit and battery was stolen from the bike.

i actually lost the side panel down a 50mph stretch so i replaced it with a 2mm thick aluminium panel

Magnet
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:23 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: some bastard stole my battery and toolkit Reply with quote

smarjoram wrote:
gotta go to work on a bmx. :

I would be pissed off too Crying or Very sad

On a serious note though, I would very much doubt it was another biker. Most likely some little CHAV with a pit bike who fancied your battey and tool kit. Hopefully whoever it was will fall off and break their legs Twisted Evil

GPZ600R Sold, Now ZZR600
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

illuminateTHE...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not rare at all for vandalism..

1) Some twat at my college pushed my r125 on the floor, lucky it was onto the right hand side were the grass/flowers were.

2) Someone stole my neighbors boomerang r125 panels his ones in blue mine in red. He doesn't chain or cover his bike so i was surprised no one has nicked his bike yet considering we live in south london.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:16 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have already got a stolen bike, the battery is flat and they had no tools to fit one so they took yours.

They didn't think your bike was better for razzing round the local sink estate that the one they'd already stolen or the whole thing would have been gone.

It's a blessing in disguise really. Your local scumbags think your bike is too shite to steal.

The HT leads and plug caps got stolen off my Jawa twice when I lived in Edinburgh.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:44 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Stevey boy Thumbs Down

Told you it was dodgy parking around there, although yours was pretty crafty in the cover tied to the pole, but that my attract people even more, especially where you live! The lovely dealer park B)

I've got my old battery but I changed it because I was pretty sure it's broke so may be of no use to you Thumbs Down

They probably ripped the side panel off, saw your tool kit and used that to take the battery, and they probably did it "for the lulz" or should I say "To be a cunt"

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that some idiots would go to all that trouble just for a bloody YBR125 battery that costs pennies....my YBR had a lock on the fairing that side so you had to use the ignition key to get it off and get to the battery.

You can get a YBR battery on ebay for £17 delivered and there's some side panels for a tenner, its not a lot of money in the grander scheme of things. Obviously the cut wires are a ballache.

The scrotes got away with £25ish worth of gear...was it worth a potential beating to take those?... just don't understand morons like that.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:17 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want, take, have. That's all there is too it.

Sorry to hear this, and there's not much you can do except fit a vibration sensitive alarm and piss off your neighbours.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:20 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuma wrote:

The scrotes got away with £25ish worth of gear...was it worth a potential beating to take those?... just don't understand morons like that.

£25 they didn't have to spend. Have the battery they wanted. You obviously have plenty of money because you have a motorbike and they don't. After all, they're on benefits and have ADHD and are on drugs and are entitled to stuff. Where's the looser?

They genuinely do not see their actions as having consequences. If the police catch them they just swear, kick, bite, punch and carry on until it's too much like hard work bringing them in. The court does nothing (if it even gets that far) and they land up on some sort of supervision order which eventually lands up with them being sent on an activity holiday somewhere.

If a few more of the DID get a beating, this kind of thing would stop. I have mates who have worked on a project with wee scrotes like that (they usually stop after about a year before they land up giving one of them the well deserved clip round the ear that their parents never did).

I recall one of my mates tried to explain things to a couple of these lads, about how one day they'll steal/fuck with the wrong persons bike and their life will all go horribly wrong from there. The response was "Naw man, they cannae touch me. They cannae do fuck-all, I'm only 15.".

The possability of having all their fingers smashed with a hammer or being found floating face down in a canal with their balls stuffed in their mouth because they fucked with a back-patchers bike genuinely hadn't occurred to them.

Knightsy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that sucks. Considering the responses, I should consider myself lucky that my V hasn't been touched yet Laughing

Usually_Wrong wrote:

i actually lost the side panel down a 50mph stretch so i replaced it with a 2mm thick aluminium panel

And now it looks like a Panzer IV Laughing
Does the job though Thumbs Up

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually_Wrong wrote:

How did you source it, shape it and secure it to the bike?

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:59 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having no luck finding the panel anywhere on the internet so far, mines a 2011 ybr so it's a slightly different shape, I've found hundreds of the older ones. Sick Its the left side and yes it has the lock on it but the dickhead just snapped the whole thing in half to get to the battery. This is a nightmare, I figured they'd be all over the internet but I guess its the part everyone smashes upon crashing or something.

Its the black panel i need -

https://image1.pricedekho.com/p/7/9062/28305-yamaha-ybr-110-left-view-large.jpg

https://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mvU1M0vax21sOetzInxJCQQ.jpg

Mostly been looking on ebay, anyone know where I might find one of these? Guess i'll start phoning round breakers yards..

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

smarjoram wrote:
I'm having no luck finding the panel anywhere on the internet so far, mines a 2011 ybr so it's a slightly different shape, I've found hundreds of the older ones. Sick Its the left side and yes it has the lock on it but the dickhead just snapped the whole thing in half to get to the battery. This is a nightmare, I figured they'd be all over the internet but I guess its the part everyone smashes upon crashing or something.

Its the black panel i need -

https://image1.pricedekho.com/p/7/9062/28305-yamaha-ybr-110-left-view-large.jpg

https://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mvU1M0vax21sOetzInxJCQQ.jpg

Mostly been looking on ebay, anyone know where I might find one of these? Guess i'll start phoning round breakers yards..

Have you still got the broke side panel?
Detach the lock bit that works for your key as you can stick that in the replacement panel so you don't need a different key to get it off

Replacement panels are pricey for newer models mate
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-YBR125-YBR-125-2010-2011-2012-LEFT-FRONT-SIDE-PANEL-FAIRING-PLASTIC-/230860933540?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item35c06249a4#ht_500wt_843

You might end up with a different coloured one Wink
Sure it's not something you can fix with a soldering iron and some duct tape? Wink

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:30 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a front panel Alpha, the one on the tank. I need the side one. Luckily they are always black on the newer versions of the YBR. A new one is £30-40 I think through the place i bought the bike. Battery is another £20-30 odd. Brand new loom £160 something lol this is a joke Thumbs Down

https://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/product_assets/2011/YBR125/2011-Yamaha-YBR125-EU-Red-Spirit-Studio-007.jpg?width=910&quality=75

https://www.yamaha-motorcycles.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Yamaha-ybr-125.jpg

https://31.222.134.33/imagestream/30518/598107x300x225_FFFFFF_H.jpg

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol fak, my bad

Couldn't find one either then, only old fugly ones Thumbs Down
What did they sever wire wise? Doubt you'll need a whole loom, you might be able to patch it up with some new connectors

Take some decent pics of the damage matey and let us assess the situation Thumbs Up

Efes123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this guy, he breaks a few bikes, mostly older ones, but you never know;

Bob Nicholls
01473 659091
077 494 20271
crrn@live.co.uk

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:08 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^thanks I'll give him a try

just had another look, I think 3 wires have been chopped, pos and neg on the battery i guess, dunno what the other is Confused

https://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420882_10151083198806674_749420586_n.jpg

https://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/602373_10151083198946674_1643693034_n.jpg

https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/603252_10151083199046674_1761376221_n.jpg

So the red is positive and the black with piece of white tape on is negative, any ideas on the other thin one?

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes my blood boil this does. Mad

It's seriously putting me off getting another bike....I past my tests, just sold my 125 all eager for a bigger bike, but shit like this just makes you wonder if its worth it.

It's always a lose lose situation...either they get away with it (most likely) so LOSE. Or they get caught by fuzz but nothing happens ..LOSE...or you catch them at it, you give them a beating, they get off and you get done for gbh...LOSE.

I have to leave my bike in an open carpark during work hours and when the dark night's come its dark in there and any scrote could do anything to a bike and nobody would notice.

I don't know if I can be doing with spending my hard earned money on something I'm gonna love to bits, just to see some f*ckwit either nick it or take stuff off it.

Dishilusioned. Sad

smarjoram
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:42 - 09 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know, I'm just getting more and more pissed off about this now. Gonna be even more paranoid about my bike, there's no where else I can leave it and can't bring it inside my flat either.

The scum will probably come back and do it again. I'm gonna get the best alarmed lock i can find, not much else I can do apart from move house.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2