More fines

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:30 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: More fines Reply with quote

Hi

Yet more fines, nicely enforced by Traffic Wardens.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3366265.stm

All the best

Keith

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 15:37 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least something good might come out of the bill.
Quote:
and includes measures to fine utility companies which miss deadlines for digging up roads.

They should make them fix it when they do a bad job of patching the road back together.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:39 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er...Isn't the yellow box thing fineable anyway?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:40 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
At least something good might come out of the bill.
Quote:
and includes measures to fine utility companies which miss deadlines for digging up roads.

Trouble is the utility companies will just double their estimates of how long it takes to dig the road up.

Danny wrote:
They should make them fix it when they do a bad job of patching the road back together.

The rules for how good a job they do are VERY lax.

All the best

Keith

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:41 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Er...Isn't the yellow box thing fineable anyway?

Probably, but then can you imagine the fun you are going to have arguing against a traffic warden when you are legally waiting in a yellow box for a gap in the oncoming traffic so that you can turn right.

All the best

Keith

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:36 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got an idea.........

why don't they juust fine everyone in advance?

just sent a £100 fine out to every motorist for breathing the wrong way or something

it's basically what they are doing already, justmakes it even less work for them!

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:22 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh sh*t ! Another f*cking legal theft law ! Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger <--- This is all I have to say ---> Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:25 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not. It just another way of enforcing it with people who don't know what they're doing.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 01:02 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle Finger Politicians, Middle Finger Politics, Middle Finger Traffic Wardens Middle Finger Stealth Taxes.

Haven't we got enough members to storm the house of commons yet? Laughing

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

exxon-jen
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:24 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit sometimes u cant help getting stuck slap bang in the middle of a boxed junction, especially in rush hour.......i drive an HGV and find it impossible to avoid the odd pause while in the 'grid'.

I'd much more prefer to see on-the-spot fines for nob-heads who insist on driving with fog-lights on when theres a bit of drizzle, or even worse the wannabes who have it in there head that it looks cool (?!) Confused - and use 'em on sunny summer days!

Its great fun sitting behind drivers like these either on the bike or the truck at a safe distance letting them know how unnecessary it is to flick on the fogs, usually on a slightly wet motorway.
Its hard be as annoying to the half-wits when in a car......without blinding every bugger else (defeating the object...)

Is this just summat that annoys me? Laughing

I somehow doubt it!! Twisted Evil

Kickstart@Work
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:05 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No, it annoys me as well. Fog lights are so rarely needed that most cars could do without them.

All the best

Keith

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 16:18 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to tell me driving with my front fog lights on doesn't make my car look cool?!

I don't believe you, next you'll be saying the blue lights on my washes look shite too!

Really though it gets on my tits too, I can only actually use my front fogs if the rears are switched on, and since I know rear fog lights can be blinding/distracting/a pain in the back side they rarely get used.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

exxon-jen
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true........i do over 25000 miles a year throughout the country and probably only come across severley reduced visibility ie 100m or less, about 5 or 6 times a year..........and its generally in the same places........m62 saddleworth, a82 in the glencoe mountains, m62 just outside hull and m6 round birmingham!!

Keith.....i have noticed that u seem to be a mine of information on 2-stroke bikes (slight deviation from fog-lights and fines.....soz). My husband has completely rebuilt a little NSR 125, its a G-reg, one of the original fully-faired 'supersport' models (NS125R?).
Anyway the final item that needs to be replaced is the exhaust pipe. Is it likely that a standard system off a foxeye model will fit?

Ive never really seen the later model to be honest, and it would save me a 30 mile drive to compare my pipe with the sellers.

If you've no idea, no problem!! An odd question i know......but hey, u dont ask.....u never know!

Cheers

Jenny

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:50 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

exxon-jen wrote:
very true........i do over 25000 miles a year throughout the country and probably only come across severley reduced visibility ie 100m or less, about 5 or 6 times a year..........and its generally in the same places........m62 saddleworth, a82 in the glencoe mountains, m62 just outside hull and m6 round birmingham!!

Keith.....i have noticed that u seem to be a mine of information on 2-stroke bikes (slight deviation from fog-lights and fines.....soz). My husband has completely rebuilt a little NSR 125, its a G-reg, one of the original fully-faired 'supersport' models (NS125R?).
Anyway the final item that needs to be replaced is the exhaust pipe. Is it likely that a standard system off a foxeye model will fit?

Ive never really seen the later model to be honest, and it would save me a 30 mile drive to compare my pipe with the sellers.

If you've no idea, no problem!! An odd question i know......but hey, u dont ask.....u never know!

Cheers

Jenny

Jen,
I'm sure keith will know but I used to have an NS 125 (mine was G reg too) and it has a completely different exhaust design to the NSR125 (the foxeye 2-stroke 125).

The NS exhaust is level, and runs parallel to the swingarm. The NSR exhaust is more high level.

I'm sure Keith will put me right if I'mmistaken though. Smile

exxon-jen
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that Marjay Very Happy

Yes the pipe we took off is very low in comparison to the later model - ive just been and sourced a photo of one.....and your right, totally different.......ah well Crying or Very sad

they are as rare as hens teeth second hand pipes for this model.........the old one has the consistency and substance of a doily so is unfortunately beyond repair.

Ahhhh well time to dig even deeper into the ole pockets!! This little 125 has to be the most expensive bike ive ever owned!!! My kwak would be a concourse show-winning example if id spent half the amount on it!

Have u any ideas on who may still produce aftermarket pipes for it? I daren't even ask honda after the price they gave us for the piston and barrell!! Laughing .........and the front disc........etc etc!!

Thanks again!!

Jenny

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:27 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

exxon-jen wrote:
Cheers for that Marjay Very Happy

Yes the pipe we took off is very low in comparison to the later model - ive just been and sourced a photo of one.....and your right, totally different.......ah well Crying or Very sad

they are as rare as hens teeth second hand pipes for this model.........the old one has the consistency and substance of a doily so is unfortunately beyond repair.

Ahhhh well time to dig even deeper into the ole pockets!! This little 125 has to be the most expensive bike ive ever owned!!! My kwak would be a concourse show-winning example if id spent half the amount on it!

Have u any ideas on who may still produce aftermarket pipes for it? I daren't even ask honda after the price they gave us for the piston and barrell!! Laughing .........and the front disc........etc etc!!

Thanks again!!

Jenny

Mine had a full Micron system on it, which I imagine won't be *ridiculously* expensive, and it should be freer flowing than the standard pipe.
Unfortunately I have no idea of the price because my bike came with the pipe already. Also I believe there are a couple of companies who do aftermarket discs too. I'm sure that loads of exhaust manufacturers do aftermarket pipes for it as well, I've got a feeling that Motad do one too.

I got rid of the NS back in 1999 so I'm afraid I'm a *bit* out of touch, but I hope this all helps! Smile

Kickstart@Work
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:47 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

exxon-jen wrote:

For me it is probably less than once a year, and when it does happen it is easy enough to turn the rear fog light off when there is actually someone behind you.

exxon-jen wrote:

Mine of useless info at times. Fairly certain the NSR exhaust will not fit the NS. The original NS exhaust was good if derestricted (or even better get one from an import bike). The Micron was also meant to be pretty good and I think they are still available. Also worth checking Ebay, and Malc put an add in the sale and wants section looking for NS bits, then bought a complete bike so he might have an exhaust.

Think Nikon (not the camera maker) also made a pipe for the NS.

For new spares try Dave Silver spares. They don't list it on their web site, but might be able to get hold of one for a better price.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:54 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NS and NSR exhaust systems are defintely different.

Though I expect the NS is quite readily crashed, so it's quite likely the exhaust will die before the bikes get broken for parts.

If you haven't tried... I usually see breakers in biketrader/mcn advertising NS parts. Whether they have the exhaust is another matter of course.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1