Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2011 BCF BBQ?!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BCF BBQ FINAL DATES
Fri 8th July - Sun 10th July
38%
 38%  [ 18 ]
Fri 22nd July - Sun 24th July
44%
 44%  [ 21 ]
Fri 5th August - Sun 7th August
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 47

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 11:00 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom as in Tom's Farm?

I think he has died Neutral

Don't take that as gospel but I'm pretty sure I read that on TBM Forum. Apologies if I am wrong.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:09 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.
There's always a lot of rumours that it's closed down, but never seems to have.

Though, he didn't look like the sort that lived an amazingly healthy life, so wouldn't surprise me!

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

Your house/garden was epic and easily fit us, maybe we should bribe your mum... £10 each Wink think about it eh Thumbs Up

I'd have thought that would have just been the common courtesy last time to be honest....

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:45 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:

economically deficient Godless wasteland that we refer to as 'the north'.

You live in East London Laughing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:48 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH yeah and I'm coming provided it isn't too far. From 'Civilization', However a field in wales would be appealing proving I can lob the KTM in Somebodies van Very Happy

Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:34 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
nowhere.elysium wrote:

economically deficient Godless wasteland that we refer to as 'the north'.

You live in East London Laughing

East London has a god. His recruiters turn up each sunday at your door! How's that for service?

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people went to the last one?
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:

A decent amount over 2 days.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=196954&highlight=omg+wtf+bbq
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:

Me.

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:

Your house/garden was epic and easily fit us, maybe we should bribe your mum... £10 each Wink think about it eh Thumbs Up

I'd have thought that would have just been the common courtesy last time to be honest....

GhostRider
Meh. I wasn't fussed. I wasn't gonna ask people to pay to stay, just pay towards food/drink/fireworks.
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

Chris750
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:16 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one else does, I could probably host something, have a three bed house with garden, only me and the mrs live there.
Planty of space for people to stay in my house- if they happy with floor, the only problem is its very near mollys last year being witney in Oxfordshire, so it would probably be fairer on the northern/scotland lot to have something there, but if not then I'm sure I could sort something.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:06 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris750 wrote:
If no one else does, I could probably host something, have a three bed house with garden, only me and the mrs live there.
Planty of space for people to stay in my house- if they happy with floor, the only problem is its very near mollys last year being witney in Oxfordshire, so it would probably be fairer on the northern/scotland lot to have something there, but if not then I'm sure I could sort something.

Warning : MANY BCF'ers are respectable... there are a select few that we could see as some hazards Laughing As long as your house has nothing precious/smashable/easily disturbed, Hellraiser is a ball... Wink and if you have lino/wooden floors/pack of nappies then covdude is fairly safe.

Garden (if its hosted in summer) would be ideal as long as tents can go up Laughing and if your neighbors hate noise...I can see em getting pissed off..

What am I saying lol... post code and bbq now Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to agree with that ^^^

I live in a tiny village, having 50+ bikes turn up would see a petition to get us out of here.
Get shitty looks if a mate turns up on one bike on an evening
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:
Got to agree with that ^^^

I live in a tiny village, having 50+ bikes turn up would see a petition to get us out of here.
Get shitty looks if a mate turns up on one bike on an evening

My village wasn't exactly big...

No one complained! But there was a rally being held near by so they though it was mostly from there Razz
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 18:25 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill go, but only if i can borrow G's Westfield
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest question: would actually hiring a real field that might normally be used to camp in (a camp site!) be such a hard thing to organise?

salty21
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a field that the ratbikers use near stafford, i've been to a few rally's there and anything goes, fire's as big as you want, be as noisy as you want. There's normally an open sided lorry trailer there aswell that we used as a BBQ area and dj booth Laughing

Im not sure who own's it or who normally organises it amongst the rat people but i can find out if your interested?

james1988
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for this one!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:14 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
Honest question: would actually hiring a real field that might normally be used to camp in (a camp site!) be such a hard thing to organise?

I'm certainly not putting my name down as an 'organiser', knowing what's likely to transpire Wink.

Salty's suggestion seems to make more sense - or other similar places where bike 'rallys' and similar are held.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just find a biker / BBQ friendly camp site and then book in separately for the same weekend...then you are in charge of yourself and your own booking...there are plenty of such like camp sites all over the UK.

A group of bikers I sometimes hang out with - get together yearly down in Glastonbury town (Isle of Avalon campsite) it's something like £3 a head (with tent & bike on site). Thumbs Up

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brings back memories Smile Mostly drunken high explosive hair burning memories but meh Laughing

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
If you just find a biker / BBQ friendly camp site and then book in separately for the same weekend...then you are in charge of yourself and your own booking...there are plenty of such like camp sites all over the UK.

A group of bikers I sometimes hang out with - get together yearly down in Glastonbury town (Isle of Avalon campsite) it's something like £3 a head (with tent & bike on site). Thumbs Up

Yay i'm moving to glastonbury so won't have far to go Dance!

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

woll
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought... my mates parent's own a caravan/camping site in chelford cheshire....

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:

Probably not. There's one not that far away from me just outside Banbury :-

Quote:
The camp site behind F2 Motorcycles is open all year, rates per night are £6.00 for a tent with one person There is a pub that does food five minutes walk away, and the site has a shower and loo

https://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/events.html
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:58 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:
Ill go, but only if i can borrow G's Westfield

Haven't got a Westfield yet (it's a MNR Wink) and while I can tow it behind the Iveco, not sure I'll want to Smile.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 3 of 58