Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sold the NSR got a 400! Plus pics!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:24 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Sold the NSR got a 400! Plus pics! Reply with quote

Just thought I would let you all know my little orange and black dream machine is now history and I have an even bigger silver dream machine now! A Suzuki katana 400

I sold my nsr for a great price especially in the winter. It went for 1475, which I was very pleased with to say the least. I sold it from a shop about 40 mile away from my town and it was sold to a lady for her first bike who lives just up the road. Smile What are the chances of that happening. At first I was jealous and mad incase I saw it on the roads as i love that bike. That was before i got my new one. Twisted Evil

It was delivered to Mr L's house last night and I rode it the 30 mile back home to mine. I love it. I love the sound of it, the power to overtake everything. It is just fab. I wasnt sure about it at first but it was a bargain what can I say it was the only 400 that I could afford. I bought it for 950 (pound sign key broken Laughing ) it is 500 to insure. I got a brand new front tyre, free delivery, new battery and 12 months free tax. I am really pleased. Now all I need is the sun.

Ok here 'she' is...

Just about to set off for my first ride home.

https://images.snapfish.com/3396665923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D88%3A%3D%3C2%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3B6%3B4%3B89ot1lsi

https://images.snapfish.com/3396665923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D88%3A%3D%3C2%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3B6%3B4%3B92ot1lsi

30mile later and alot colder but great fun.

https://images.snapfish.com/3396665923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D88%3A%3D%3C2%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3B6%3B4%3B97ot1lsi

Still in Mr L's garage next to her new sister Laughing

https://images.snapfish.com/3396665923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D88%3A%3D%3C2%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3B6%3B4%3B99ot1lsi

Finally in my garage to rest for the evening.

https://images.snapfish.com/3396665923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D88%3A%3D%3C2%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3B6%3B4%3B%3A3ot1lsi

Now all i need is a race exhaust and some heated hand grips and the next Elvington. Very Happy

One thing is for sure I am glad i didnt have to u-turn a bike like this for my test and I thought it was impossible on my NSR. Wink

I guess this means I am not a true NSR125 member any longer. Confused

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 21:28 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

even though you don't own an NSR any more you can still say you owned one, plus would you prefer to be an nsr125 member or one that moved on and got a bigger bike?

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:41 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both... Very Happy

My NSR did me the world of good it was a pain in the arse to start with all its problems. But it helped me build my confidence , gave me alot of fun and let me pass my test. If it wasnt for my little NSR i wouldnt have my new bike.

At the end of the day I always said I want my first bike to look like a proper bike and not like a scooter. That is what i got the NSR was a damn sexy first bike to own and I was proud of it and loved it to bits...

I think im going to cry Wink

But i know i am going to really enjoy my new bike all the more. Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:00 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, always liked the (slightly quirky) looks of the Katana.
Enjoy it Wink.

You did pretty well on selling your bike as well, considering the time of year etc.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 22:16 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Miss L.
First Elvington is at the end of March isn't it? If so I am sure a few of us can see the 'Kat' there. I presume you will be taking it down the strip. Wink

Have fun.

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:20 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss L,

Thats a nice looking bike you have there, I was looking at one of them before I got my GPZ400R, it was a little bit of a mess compared to the one you have got, so I opted for the GPZ400 instead.

Anyway, I hope you have lots fun on it, and in the summer even more fun, I can't wait for it to come either Smile

Ian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Boo
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:55 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice...........................

The Bikes nice looking as well. Very Happy

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a pic of the classic superbike styled katana again. I remember when i was a little kid about 8, there was a guy that used to have a Katana 1100 and used to park it at his missus house just up the road. Every time i saw it on me way to school, i said to my mate that i want a bike like that when im older lol! he had a book of superbikes, and we used to discuss who would have what bike. He wanted the Katana after he saw it, so i said i wanted a GPZ1100 with fuel injection, and another kid wanted a Honda CB900. a few years later they ended up firstly with a DT50 and MT50, and then a TZR125 and Honda H100, oh well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:34 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

I suppose I better try and change my avatar.

Just looking at my NSR on my avatar makes me want to cry. It was a sexy little bike. Crying or Very sad But still a biker has to move on up in the world someday. I am one step closer to owning a busa Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:58 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Congrats on the new bike. Nice looking bikes the old Katanas, and the 400 ones are a faithful replica.

All the best

Keith

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 01:03 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new bike and for getting such a good price for your NSR. I also recently moved up from a 125, it feels good eh? Wink

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:05 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Smile

Looks quite big too. Cool

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking bike, and looks like it's in very good condition.

Surely it's much better to see your bike go to a lady owner down the road than to a lad that's just turned 17 who's gonna destroy it and knows nothing about maintainence?
(no offence to anyone on the board!)

Congrats!

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike Very Happy First elvington is the 25th of april afaik, unless anyone knows of an earlier one? I will no doubt see many of you there Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mtthwpez
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:10 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bike you are miss lucky cause its a rare bike but if you like the 400 you will love the 1100!
enjoy Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:14 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile Enjoy it and take it easy out there at the moment Smile

See you at Elvington then Very Happy

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 14:25 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I want a 'Busa! Sad

Oh yeah, congrats on the new bike Miss L! Very Happy \o/

mtthwpez
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:29 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here zimma i would love a hayabusa as well!

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:42 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
nice one welcome to the world of 400's Razz , have fun, you could have got summin a bit sporty like a VFR Very Happy.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bargain, well done Miss L, Lets hope this bike doesn't give you as many problems as the NSR did.

Question: Doesn't the 400cc katana have the same engine as the 400cc bandit?

Also for future reference you may find techie help on www.400greybike.co.uk

And parts should be available from:
https://www.batmotorcycles.co.uk/
or
https://www.elliottmc.co.uk/

Enjoy Very Happy
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 16:26 - 08 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine in the 400 kat is the same as the gsx400f and the bandit 400 one is the same as the gsxr400.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 19:30 - 09 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Very Happy
And the bike looks good too Wink

I've always had a liking for the Katana - but I do like bikes that are a bit different Smile

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:05 - 09 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo wrote:
That's a nice looking bike, and looks like it's in very good condition.

Surely it's much better to see your bike go to a lady owner down the road than to a lad that's just turned 17 who's gonna destroy it and knows nothing about maintainence?
(no offence to anyone on the board!)

Congrats!

That is exactly what Mr L said to me and alot of other people too. It's true I suppose it could have gone to zimma Wink Razz no seriously though i just think about how long I owned it and I think I cleaned it once and that took me 5 minutes with a damp cloth. Very Happy I was more interested in riding it. Very Happy

Deano thanks for tech help i will leave all that to Mr L he is more interested in all that kind of stuff. All i need to know is the name of it. Smile

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 15:08 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Re: Sold the NSR got a 400! Plus pics! Reply with quote

Shiny and very individual looking - bonus!

Miss Lucky wrote:
Just thought I would let you all know my little orange and black dream machine is now history and I have an even bigger silver dream machine now! A Suzuki katana 400

I sold my nsr for a great price especially in the winter. It went for 1475, which I was very pleased with to say the least. I sold it from a shop about 40 mile away from my town and it was sold to a lady for her first bike who lives just up the road. Smile What are the chances of that happening. At first I was jealous and mad incase I saw it on the roads as i love that bike. That was before i got my new one. Twisted Evil

It was delivered to Mr L's house last night and I rode it the 30 mile back home to mine. I love it. I love the sound of it, the power to overtake everything. It is just fab. I wasnt sure about it at first but it was a bargain what can I say it was the only 400 that I could afford. I bought it for 950 (pound sign key broken Laughing ) it is 500 to insure. I got a brand new front tyre, free delivery, new battery and 12 months free tax. I am really pleased. Now all I need is the sun.

Ok here 'she' is...

Just about to set off for my first ride home.

Now all i need is a race exhaust and some heated hand grips and the next Elvington. Very Happy

One thing is for sure I am glad i didnt have to u-turn a bike like this for my test and I thought it was impossible on my NSR. Wink

I guess this means I am not a true NSR125 member any longer. Confused

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 15:21 - 10 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice miss L Cool
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2