Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

gumball rally 2000

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jack2004
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 02:40 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: gumball rally 2000 Reply with quote

I watched The Gumball rally 2000 today on men and motors, there was some cool bikes in the rally, 2 Ducatis and another bike can't remember what it was though. They got pulled over by the police for doing speeds of around 179mph on the motorway, also a porsche 911 turbo did 201mph and a ferrari f50 208mph, all i can say is mad fu*kers.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 04:15 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the hell do you pull over someone doing 179? If manchester police tried he'd be in Manchester before he realised what they were Razz .

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 06:23 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember rightly...

Those two bikes were originally a decoy so a yellow BMW, which was being chased by the 5-0, could get away.

Mister BMW was speeding, about 120mph IIRC. The bikes decided to go, to take the heat off the BMW. Mister BMW does a "Smokey & The Bandit" and hides behind a truck, while said bikes speed past, cops in chase (well, as much as a Crown Victoria can chase a bike Razz).

I think they were only caught because the CHP tracked them via plane and trapped them Sad.

Also, one of the states gave the Gumballers permission to break the speed limits on the interstate, which is where most of them decided to go wild. Funny vids online of GB2002 when an F50's wheel falls off at about 70mph, and a classic one where a big ol' Volvo estate destroys some Ferrari in a mini-race.

Gumball Europe was hilarious, some guy in a Lambo/Bugatti/Koenigsegg was carjacked while driving through Russia.

Oooh, 5.20am!

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 08:26 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not forgetting the blokes from jackass also entered in an old jag.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack2004
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that one in 2002 when the jackass boys entered?

The BeefMeister
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:04 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what year they entered but it was on Sky sometime late last year.
I watched an episode today aswell, totally mad.
The Ducati's looked nothing compared to all those cars and was head down and still cars just cruise past with no effort. I didn't se any other bikes apart from the Ducati's though, there was three of the. Not sure what model either. Probably 916's.
Some of the cars on there look rather tasty and wouldn't mind having a go in a few... Ok 95% of them! Razz
A good laugh I reckon and I'd like to do something similar, maybe on bikes but not as far.
Theres a Gumball3000 game on the PS2 AFAIK, anyone played it?

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gumball 3000 on PS2.

Wouldn't even use it to wipe my arse with. Really, its that bad.

Not all the cars in the Gumball were exotics. Quite a few were boring cars. Quite a few Minis, some of them Rover estate thingys, Volvo's, a few US model Fords. A few cars like a Jag E-type, a Ferrari Dino and an old Alfa entered too.

And its always shown as an event of speeding and breaking the law. In reality they very rarely decide to boot it, its like a big convoy really, and they do it all for charidy.

Wouldn't mind doing one one day, can't really see it happening though, as its too much effort... Never mind the $5000 entrance fee and a high guarantee you won't finish Razz.

Jack2004
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 13 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got the money you could enter easy. i'm very sure the people who entered weren't short of a bob or two. Like if one of them crashes a £100'000 car they will have another brought in. Lucky rich people.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1