BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bandit 600 Rev Problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ortigas
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:27 - 04 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant take a picture of it cuz i dont have enought time to take the carbs out, its a pain in the ass to open the caps with them in place but i found a pic that should clarify wats the metal i was talking about

https://images.matthies.de/motomike/6bd/500_bild2_7241623.jpg

that gloden metal above the membrane, looks like that but in other shape, i think thats there to make the mebrane hit the carb cap so it wont let it streach too high, to avoid teh sliders going to high and the needle come out of place, but the other 3 carbs dont have that metal thing, only the 4rd, the one with the choke atached, the outside carb from right side.

Do the exhaust can cause similar sintoms? i really cant see why it work 1 week like it was new, and now its runing poorly again

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 04 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mixture screws do actually control air on some carbs. Fuel is draw in by the passage of air over the slow running jet so by increasing the air more fuel is delivered.

Not to be confused with the air the engine is drawing past the butterfly BTW even though the air ends up the same place - this is strictly small amounts being used to lift fuel by venturi effect. It's explained on page 2 of the attached PDF.

However, your problem seems more connected with needle height. Try moving the clips down one notch on the four needles.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 302 days between these two posts...

Cputecch
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 05:21 - 01 Apr 2017    Post subject: Same issue I just bought my bike couple months ago and have Reply with quote

issue I just bought my bike couple months ago and have the exact same issue with yet and was wondering if you would found a fix or the reason why it was doing it

ortigas
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:49 - 02 Apr 2017    Post subject: Re: Same issue I just bought my bike couple months ago and h Reply with quote

Cputecch wrote:
issue I just bought my bike couple months ago and have the exact same issue with yet and was wondering if you would found a fix or the reason why it was doing it

that 1 of april question tho.

Anyway, all i can say is related to my bike, my best guess is that she was sitting for too long, usually i dnt ride it when its cold/rain, so that leaves me about 4 to 5 months of riding a year, rest is sitting.

What i did to fix? i let it run idling for quite a bit around 10mins, then start riding a few miles, i usually do about 4 to 5miles without reving it too high, switch at ~3k, after that run if still idling/puling rough i hit the front brake and rock the bike on a front and back motion, to juggle around the fuel and the floaters inside the carbs and its gets good for the intire 4 to 5 months of riding that i do, but next season you'll have to do teh same hugabuga again.

I suspect the floaters (or just one fo them) gets stuck during teh cold period while resting/sitting, and with some jugling about when its worm the new fuel going in ends up "unsticking" the thing after a while of melting w/e is sticking it, since it gets fixed and wont give me issues again for say 5 months, i trully believe is something that just needs a good clean

Hope it helps yours, sure love to ride mine, i have it for 10 or more years now
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2