Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Indicators Not Working?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

lukehanham
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 05 Mar 2015    Post subject: Indicators Not Working? Reply with quote

My bike indicators rarely work, I can sometimes turn the right one on but the left one never turns on,

Gilera RCR 50 2006
Thorn This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

lukehanham
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 05 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous owner had obviously tried a wheely and screwed it up, indicated by the snapped L plate, snapped indicator and cracked back plastics.

The front one sometimes turns on but does not always flash,
could it be the flasher relay or the switch its-self?

Also they sometimes do not flash, i may have an old mechanical relay unit as its an 06 bike.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously said " It could be a problem with the electrics" you just need to find which bit of the electrics! Could be bulbs, switch, flasher unit, or connections.....take your pick.

316lad
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:27 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Re: Indicators Not Working? Reply with quote

lukehanham wrote:
My bike indicators rarely work, I can sometimes turn the right one on but the left one never turns on,

Gilera RCR 50 2006

Most indicator electrics need a closed circuit at least between 2 indicators on same side - it's a relay thing...there needs to be enough wattage pull to cause enough power to get the relay to trigger.

Replace the broken indicator and then check the wiring is all sound between all 4 indicators. Relay should then do its job properly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1