Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

RS50 Think its slippigg

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stefan RS50 Wood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:05 - 26 May 2010    Post subject: RS50 Think its slippigg Reply with quote

New to this 1st Post Smile

My rs50 , 53reg is slipping like when i drive it, i can be in gear 6 and its red lining at like 20mph, but if i stay below 7revs its fine

how hard is it to fit new clutch plates because i think its that

Thx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crafty
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:07 - 26 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very easy if you know what your doing, & fairly easy even if you don't, but can wield a spanner.
If in doubt get a pro to do the work.
You will need a clutch holding tool, a new sets of plates, a new set of springs & a clutch cover gasket as well. Fresh engine oil because its wet multiplate which means the oil in the gearbox is used to cool & lube the clutch.
First of all, remove fairing lowers & bellypan to reveal engine.
Remove sump plug (14mm socket fits I think?) & drain gearbox oil, clean sump plug of debris & refit. Remove clutch crankcase cover to expose clutch basket. Carefully unbolt the retaining bolts USING CLUTCH HOLDING TOOL to stop it from rotating, remove springs remove all plates. Fit new plates in same formation as old ones removed. Fit NEW SPRINGS as well clean engine casing & clutch cover mating surfaces, fit a new gasket, refit cover fill with fresh 10/40 oil adjust clutch & thats it basically.

https://www.ultimateparts.net/info/aprilia-bikes-rs/aprilia-bikes-rs.php?bike=354

https://www.ultimateparts.net/aprilia/a.php?n=AP8201527-Clutch-lock-ENGINE-TOOL-KIT-Aprilia-Special-Tools-D-Minarelli-AM6-Aprilia-Tools&i=338347
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Faraz
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:47 - 26 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very easy.

I did it and the only tools I needed were a couple of allen keys IIRC.

Drain coolant, drain gearbox oil, remove cover, remove pressure plate, remove clutch and steel plates, fit new plates in the same order as you removed them. Dip the plates in a little gearbox oil before you put them in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stefan RS50 Wood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:09 - 26 May 2010    Post subject: Re: RS50 Think its slippigg Reply with quote

Stefan RS50 Wood wrote:
New to this 1st Post Smile

My rs50 , 53reg is slipping like when i drive it, i can be in gear 6 and its red lining at like 20mph, but if i stay below 7revs its fine

how hard is it to fit new clutch plates because i think its that

Thx

Thanks im not too bad with bikes soo ile have ago, i can get the plates off adrenaline pedstop for 20quid with the springs and whats this Gasket i will need ?

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 26 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before replacing the clutch plates, what oil is in the gearbox and is the clutch adjusted properly?

Stefan RS50 Wood
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:47 - 26 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Before replacing the clutch plates, what oil is in the gearbox and is the clutch adjusted properly?

the right 1 as just got back from service and asked them to try sort clutch out but they told me i need new plates so gota get them

Faraz
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:31 - 27 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gasket you need is for the clutch cover.

You can get is from a main dealer or find it online.

Getting it from a Yamaha dealer is probably your best bet. Clutch cover gasket for a TZR50.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 179 days between these two posts...

Scott richards
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:30 - 21 Nov 2013    Post subject: aprilia rs 50 Reply with quote

i have a aprilia rs 50 and when i hit 8000 revs the clutch kicks in a bit a slows me right down do i need new clutch plates?

nathan k
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:47 - 21 Nov 2013    Post subject: Re: aprilia rs 50 Reply with quote

Scott richards wrote:
i have a aprilia rs 50 and when i hit 8000 revs the clutch kicks in a bit a slows me right down do i need new clutch plates?

Wut? Do you mean the clutch slips at 8k, as in the revs suddenly jump up but your speed doesn't?

It's more then likely your clutch cable stretching overtime and just needs adjusting (the screw bit on the lever). Try loosening it a little if it's slipping.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1