Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Watchdog

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Watchdog Reply with quote

Are people just retarded? Complaining about nothing.

Supermarkets getting blamed for putting prices on shiny cards making them look cheaper. People say this is misleading. How on earth is it misleading! If you don't look at the prices, just the card it is printed on then you are a fool.

Another thing, some guy had a leak in a pipe and called the AA to fix it but they couldn't come for a while. Do people not have the common sense to turn the stop cock off?

I could never deal with such fools. I want to be a guest presenter on watchdog and tell the people who complain about stupid things to f*** off and sort themselves out.

Another one, some flowers didn't turn up on Mothers day, yeh it is bad, refund and vouchers and stuff but nowhere near tv worthy IMO.

Another one, people complaining that the Nintendo 3ds gives them a headache, how about trying one before you spend your cash on it.

/rant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair there piece on parking tickets was good
gave me some info that will help me as I'm currently fighting a ticket I got
after I'd paid to park in that spot
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked in complaints at a utility company in the passed, some that you get are genuinly fucktarded. Too many idiots out there!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I long ago accepted that the vast majority of people are fucking retarded. When I worked in the call centre for a major electronics and white goods supplier I had a guy ring up complaining that his TV was broken because there was a little man waving his arms around in the corner.... laughed my ass off, that would be sign language for the deaf you thick inbred twat!

Another one was where a big £800 fridge freezer was broken, the owners dumped it in a skip and sent it off to landfill as they thought a new one would just be sent out, "like they do on eBay"...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
I have worked in complaints at a utility company in the passed, some that you get are genuinly fucktarded. Too many idiots out there!


Whistle Shifty Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:34 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another one was where a big £800 fridge freezer was broken, the owners dumped it in a skip and sent it off to landfill as they thought a new one would just be sent out, "like they do on eBay"...


I can almost feel the exhalation of deep satisfaction that must have brought after explaining to them and putting the phone down. Laughing


Most people are retards yes, but we do need these retards with time on their hands to complain otherwise nobody would.

I used to like 'points of view', which was sort of the BBC's way of acknowledging that people are retarded and easily offended, and then letting Wogan take the piss out of them in his own less than subtle way. Thumbs Up

I've no great love or respect for the BBC but watchdog and its ilk are some of the more useful contributions. Especially that bloke who sorts out rogue traders, as I have a particular axe to grind with most trades. Useless, lazy, ill disciplined rip off merchant fucktards that they are.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, when I ran a branch of an electrical retailer, watchdog did a story on the problems a customer was having with their washing machine tearing clothes as well as breaking down.

No mention of the fact I had offered 4 times to exchange for a different make (a better make) yet the customer kept insisting on the same make and model.

Ultimately this customer knew better than the staff who could quote every detail of every machine in the shop, knew better than the staff regarding the reliability and ultimate performance, even knew their "rights" although we had gone way beyond what they were entitled to. Even with the evidence supporting our opinion they still knew better.

Ultimately, I refunded (with great relief) and they bought the exact same make and model next door. Wasnt surprised to learn they had the same problem within a month and the competitor stuck firmly to repairs.


Some people cannot take a telling, and Watchdog did not seek our side of the saga Laughing
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
dodsi wrote:
I have worked in complaints at a utility company in the passed, some that you get are genuinly fucktarded. Too many idiots out there!


Whistle Shifty Mr. Green


You got me, now I work as an analyst for the same company - obviousl cannot be trusted around customers. Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.98 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 58.73 Kb