Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project Rieju Mrx 125/250

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:26 - 01 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they didn't check that at the MOT centre?

They got picky when mine was slightly covered by dirt Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 20:48 - 01 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The engine doesn't have a engine number as it has been ground off and plated

lol is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nightshaddow
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:52 - 01 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds dodgyer and dodgyer everytime you say more, but here is what i can tell you,

the image in page one shows the barel is aproximatly 1/2 inch shorter than the cylinder head(digital analysis) this leads me to believe the stroke is 49.5cm only 3 engine prefix have this stroke these are the 156fmi the 157 fmi and the 162 fmj

to you that is just an engine number to me that is the basis of the start
the 156fmi and the 157 fmi engine is the ones imported in this country the 162 is the ones for other countrys laws they come with different variations but all have the same cc

156/157 fmi is 124.1cc with a Rated Power & Rotating Speed : 7.5kw / 8500r/min

the 162fmj is 149.4cc with a Rated Power & Rotating Speed:9.5kw/8200r/min

judging by your barrel width the fins are even from the top of the head sloping down this indicates it has been fitted with a big bore barrel and piston

cheap and easy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BIG-BORE-kit-150-cc-Chinese-125cc-CG125-copies-/370229041658?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item56335ed9fa

had one fitted to the skyjet lol

the 175 200 and 230 cc enines also share a conrod length which is larger making the stroke 62.2 cm obviously making the hight of the barrel larger but with the Rated Power & Rotating Speed: 10kw/8000r/min, and i know i have the 163 fml fitted to the por right now and also have a 157 fmi in the shed/workshop sat doing nothing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:15 - 01 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lipsmoker wrote:
Okay So.. Dropping all Debates about performance.. i just won't speak about that factor anymore

I don't care if it's a 50cc.. 125.. 150.. 230.. or 600..

It is dodgy
I told the mot guy it had a different engine in it.. and he didn't care he said it's a safety check he doesn't give a Spluck about what's in it.. Laughing

I didn't steal the engine.. I didn't steal the bike..
I payed cash for it.. With a logbook so it's not a stolen bike..
It's had 3 owners including me

The engine might have been out of a nicked bike though..

To cut all this shit ill just say it's a 125.. I Give up trying
It's the best case anyway for legal sakes.

It's a Nippy 125 and i'm happy with it

It does 80mph.. Clock speed which i suppose is possible for a 125.. even the Derbi Terra 125 does that so there is no reason why this 125 can't..

I guess i have been being optimistic saying this is a 230.. it's my first geared bike and obviously has alot more power then a 2.2bhp moped

I just can't get my head around how it's Quicker than a XR125 and a YZF125 which has 15bhp. It could be the setup? the engine could have had a little tweak.

But i don't care. It runs .. starts on the button .. it goes.. and it gets me to college
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:36 - 01 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
do test

get bigger bike

???

profit

Money's a Problem the plan was to do it all on my 18th (April) When Winter dies out.. and i get 18th birthday money + around £800-1000 for this bike..

Fancy myself a Bandit 600 Restricted Smile Or get something that meets 33bhp so i'm not straining an engine

Ill have my fun tarting this thing up winter hack it then do my test in april

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:53 - 07 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying the Weather...
My Hands Wasn't though

Until now

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/390826_2413448093975_1184473155_32220725_877917940_n.jpg

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/379516_2413454014123_1184473155_32220730_2017733011_n.jpg

Heard Mixed Opinions
Yes my bike now looks like Dumbo
But They do Their Job

Redoko
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 07 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/Lipsmoker/bikout026.jpg

No L plates. Tut Tut Police

Asking for the 3 points? At this rate you won't get a chance to even attempt your test.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/NewlyQualifiedDrivers/DG_4022566
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tim..
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 07 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lipsmoker wrote:

Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:45 - 07 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redoko wrote:
https://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/Lipsmoker/bikout026.jpg

No L plates. Tut Tut Police

Asking for the 3 points? At this rate you won't get a chance to even attempt your test.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/NewlyQualifiedDrivers/DG_4022566

Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Balls Shit shit..

Ive Been Riding through Preston daily for weeks..
It's on tomorrows list

Thankyou!

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:56 - 07 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim.. wrote:
Lipsmoker wrote:

Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

At the end of the day their is nothing i can do..
It was a Doomed from the start but ive got something "half decent out of it"

It was in Newcastle (Should have avoided that one )

and i live in Burscough.. Near Preston

It was £480 And advertised with a "Legit 230cc" When i got there Guy looked abit crazy but handed over the logbook.. I asked my dad to drive me up there in a work van which cost £80 in petrol So didn't want to Completely waste it... I had also Stupidly given the guy £100 deposit to hold the bike a week prior .. And he didn't seem like the guy to give it back.. He had the Logbook.. if he said he didn't or had sent off i obviously would have Stayed way clear but i have the full v5 registered in my name All im missing for legality is L plates which will be on tomorrow with pics Laughing

Oh and a 125cc Engine which it HAS.. As what Seemed to be 230cc.. Wasn't after T(r)olling up fact's and figures and the imagination of an ex 2.2bhp scooter rider..

Bad move on the bike YES.. Should have Bought a Jap bike.. YES but what's done is done and i can't go back..We live and we learn

I have a Reliable (So far) 125cc Motorcycle. It works for me. until i do my test.. April 2012 Borderline 4 months then it's a drz400SM to feel Real Legal Power.

So the bike.. THE only thing that is Wrong.. is it's not declared a "CCM" 125cc engine.. instead of the "Rieju,Yammy" engine. Which isn't too bad.. isn't too bad at all.. Considering the Yammy Engine most likely makes more Power anyway.. But that's not the point.

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:23 - 08 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be updating alot more but..

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/384751_2566012862768_1027557671_32442283_602410285_n.jpg

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/386085_2566013022772_1027557671_32442284_1668327480_n.jpg

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379798_2566013582786_1027557671_32442287_248165135_n.jpg

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387828_2566013382781_1027557671_32442286_1143043476_n.jpg

never question the hair!

but anyway

Just got this in at college

I believe it's a Celica GT Four ST185.

With..
4 wheel drive ( As standard )
Garret GT2259 Single turbo
High Lift Cams
Full Adjustable Race Suspension
Fully stripped
Battery in the boot Yadda yadda..
Road legal.

That's all the specs i can get on it right now..
The Plan is to strip it down and rebuild it and rally it
(not sure when or where.. it's up to college managers)

It's a decent learning curve for us all in the group.. as we normally work on.. everyday cars..
£1700 With Loggy.

Anyway.
Just though i would share..

Bike Plans

L Plates (Get payed tomorrow)
New Grips/Mirrors
Fuel Filter
Maybe some fresh Panels before i sell it..

Gonna leave it at that tbh.. It looks half decent and it saves me smashing £££ if/when i drop it over winter.. as i ride winter..
i did it last year on a moped so there is no reason i can't on this.

Once winter's over and summer starts bike Prices go up a little so i can sell and do my test Smile

It all seems to have panned out quite well..
Better than it could have anyway.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:29 - 08 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the Celica, thats more fun.

BUT

for 1700, you could have got the highly reliable 2JZ-GTE engine in a supra.. 3 litre and sorted a single turbo mod for a few hundred more Laughing

Shit > shovel.

Nice car though, guy at work has a GT Four.

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:51 - 08 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
See the Celica, thats more fun.

BUT

for 1700, you could have got the highly reliable 2JZ-GTE engine in a supra.. 3 litre and sorted a single turbo mod for a few hundred more Laughing

Shit > shovel.

Nice car though, guy at work has a GT Four.

Well.. As much as a like supra's I wasn't part of the choice.
It's also got a straight through exhaust

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/375335_2566009742690_1027557671_32442282_1944103717_n.jpg

Note hand next to exhaust for size..
It sound's like The gates of hell opening.

A closer looks show's it's tattyness (Not bad for ex rally)

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387579_2566013702789_1027557671_32442288_828382860_n.jpg

It runs But it's got more Potential.. It's Getting Stripped After Christmas.. And Rebuilt..

---

I'm Still Shocked at how ive been Riding around for ages with no L plates.. I'm going on the bus to get them tomorrow lol.

My luck is ill get Pulled on the way.. Get the arsehole Copper.. and Lose my licence for not having £3 stick on Plates.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:41 - 08 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

That exhaust is tiny... Laughing

Think mine you could fit an iphone in sideways with ease and have more room to shove a fist in Laughing

nightshaddow
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:43 - 09 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i recall with the celica turbos only real thing to watch is the heads as they made of cheese, i had a gtfour and loved it untill the head gasket blew and warped the head

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:46 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Yeah the bike's still alive, Ive used it every day since the mot pretty much, It had a little problem last week with the rain and the open air filter, Had to Clean the carb out was bogging due to water, Going to make a little metal shield for the carb

It's got L plates now and i fixed the horn
Got to ride it out until April sell it and get a Bandit 600 Smile

Had too many SMIDSY's Lately, why do car drivers become blind in winter?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:34 - 08 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lipsmoker wrote:

Its probably down to people not riding as defensively as they should.

bLiXeY
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:34 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lipsmoker wrote:

I don't wan't more top speed?..
I just wan't the revs to drop a little so there is less strain on the engine for sacrifice of acceleration? Which if i guess the only way to do that is to increase the "top speed/final drive and not take it too it's top speed that would make sense.. i ride 25 miles to college on 60mph roads every day and it's not good going "Neeeeeeeeeeeer" all the way..

When i look at what ive said though it looks like the opposite.. i wan't more top speed.. i don't.. i just want it to have less strain on the engine..

and thanks for the sprocket info would a few teeth up on the front sprocket drop my rpm at say 60mph? it won't increase the top speed as the bike doesn't have the power to fight the air pushing against it.

Had a fun hour reading this thread (only upto page 10), well done Lippy for persevering with your project.

Its a shame more young chaps aren't spending their time doing something constructive.

Had fun reading some of mikes posts too, especially the "Zen and the art of welding" ones Very Happy

Here's a useful guide I found re gearing Lippy, might help a little when it comes to getting the right torque/top speed balance:
https://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9925/gearingratioguide.jpg

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:42 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Lipsmoker wrote:

Its probably down to people not riding as defensively as they should.

You have to ride defensively.
Or you die.

I think it's just cagers don't expect us to be out this time of year, that added with sh!t visibility.

Ride with lights on, Bright orange bike.. quite tall.. loudish exhaust i rev it's tits off if i'm filtering.. (Meaning low gear for speed) started doing the weaving thing if someone starts to pull out etc (SMIDSY) Kinda works, I don't know what's going through their head possibly (why is that guy swerving around) But atleast it keeps them put

I have the wrong bike for where i live really, it's mainly NSL roads and put's a strain on my little 125, she's had no hiccups yet and i only need her until april. I'm so excited to get a bandit, I can't see anything wrong with them for a first bike, Cheap to buy and insure. Reliable , Comfy and Quite Nippy for a "big" first bike.

It's all about gaining experience.. Most of my riding is done in the rain lately of course, i only caught last summer on a moped, which was fun. but we'll see what happens in april (:

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:47 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Promised.. Heres my little Gem in "Action"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkKVhhLg1Wo

This was November and She's Still Running sweet now so i think iv been successful with the build. Taking my test in April going to give her a once over and put her up for £1000 Ono

I know it's a 125 don't worry I'm a noob.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 20:54 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

A grand? You will be lucky if you get half that IMO.

badas
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:41 - 06 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I thought this thing was fast and powerful?

Think I saw you twisting the grip but it hardly moved :/

I like the look of it though Thumbs Up

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:31 - 06 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a Grand ONO.. I will Get that.. Iv been offered £800 but i need it for now. a once over and service before sale with fresh panels £30 it will easy fetch a grand.. It has alot of interest in college meaning it has a beefy padlock and a disc brake lock as someone already had a tinker with the ignition.

It is Dog slow... For a motorcycle But it is not dog slow for a 125. In the video if you notice.. I don't rev the thing past 5-6k and it goes right up to 10, That video was Shortly after it had been built/mot'd and i didn't want to go around Screaming it's tits off. I'm not trying to say it's fast because it's not.. I'm already bored of it. but it's quicker than a YZF-125.. And when i say quicker i mean straight line speed. No Riding Skill because the guy on the YZF is a much better rider than me and leaves me in the corners all day long.

It's a Decent bike. I like it.. It's cost me Less than £600 and i will sell it for profit

Lipsmoker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:32 - 24 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even know i said I'm doing nothing more..
Our Motorcycle Mechanic's Teacher offered me a decent condish Nexxus Silencer for free last week so iv decided to fit that

https://gear4bikes.com/images/motad/yamaha/xy6d.jpg

Same Pipe as this.. Just not a 2 into 1.

Alot of Welding/Grinding/Cutting has been done today to get it roughly right.. Grinder ate the last cutting disk earlier so getting some tomorrow and finishing it up.

Cutting it back to the pipe also reviewed some 'None removable baffles' got those out.. I wonder if theres any baffles in the pipe itself.

Might get alot of hate for having a none standard pipe on a 125.. But it looks a damn sight better than the original rusty thing..

Pictures Tomorrow.

Also gave it a good once over, Oil Flush, Carb clean, new brake fluid.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13