|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:36 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: My bike accessory |
 |
|
I’m asking some questions in here as i think I’ll receive a better response...
I’ve come up with an idea for a bike accessory. After a fair bit of research after the idea came to me, it looks as if they’re only two competitors, each with a very specific approach.
If anyone on this board knows a thing or two about small plastic components made to a specific design, please get in touch. I need some pointers on my design, what’s possible and what isn’t. Alternatively If you know somewhere I can ask, let me know.
I am qualified as a 3D CAD technician now so i can draw up anything i need to myself.
KTHXBI!  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 08:45 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I know nothing about plastics etc but I would be happy to test a prototype .
So long as it isn't another chindildo thing, that I will not try.
If by any chance it is another version of the scottoiler crampbuster, I will show you how to make my "beautiful interpretation" using a hose clip, toothbrush handle, a blow torch and some araldite . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pinkyfloyd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pinkyfloyd Super Spammer

Joined: 20 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:15 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll happily help scrape Donny off the road if it all goes wrong. I'm a trained first aider so might be of some use.  ____________________ illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:19 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
It’s a very simple design, collectable and personalised if you’d like. No risks involved in testing!
You’d find it on the counter at the bike shop, a very handy thing to have too.
I think I’ll start out with an Ebay shop, if it goes ok then maybe I can expand on it. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:10 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
patent? ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pinkyfloyd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pinkyfloyd Super Spammer

Joined: 20 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:37 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well if this isn’t a daft idea then i’ll need it.
So much to learn i guess, i’ve never done anything like this before.
I need to read the .gov website for patents really. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pinkyfloyd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pinkyfloyd Super Spammer

Joined: 20 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaft |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaft World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:25 - 14 Jun 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you make it too vague, you won't get it passed.
You say you have found two competitors that have taken a specific approach to the problem, this means you will have to take a specifically and significantly different approach, otherwise your patent could encroach on the other products.
To give yourself a quick bit of copyright, write down your idea, being as detailed as you can about it's design, construction and what your're trying to achieve, including diagrams, where possible; put the whole lot into a well sealed envelope and post it to yourself, keeping it sealed when you receive it.
It doesn't give you much protection, but the postmark may help you to prove you thought of it first, should an argument ensue at some future point. ____________________ Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|