Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The bcf curse got me.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 15:41 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: The bcf curse got me. Reply with quote

Well at some lights on a island this morning just about to pull of and this bloke hit my back wheel and knocked me off and drove of I have a fractured rib bike not to bad though few scuffs and a crack and a broken brake lever.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:43 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Jesus christ, hope your ok, damn you had only just started biking too Sad , sorry to hear about it.

{{{hug}}} (light as not to hurt ribs.

Hope you get better soon and this don't put you off biking.

Luke

Last edited by Luke_Retrofly on 15:45 - 09 Feb 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:43 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit.

Sorry to hear that Laura. Did you get any witnesses so you can get the guy who did it?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:46 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura,
I hope the driver is feeling suitably guilty for that! just take comfort from the fact that his insurance will be paying for the repairs.

Get well soon!

Evil or Very Mad Car Drivers Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 15:46 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

One bloke helped me pick my bike up but no one saw it really bloke was gone really quick looks like a boy racer car though im ok i have rode my bike about as had to go and get a new brake lever it hurts though.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:47 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. Is the bike back home yet? Do you need to borrow a bike trailer (sorry, not got a car with a tow bar at the moment)?

Also, report it to the police (well, if you have your 33hp certificate). You never know but you might be lucky and they might have it on cctv.

Oh, and with a dodgy rib you had better avoid the jokes forum for a bit. Laughing might hurt.

All the best

Keith

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:47 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit an run? bastds! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 15:50 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bikes at home in the shed rode it home it is ok just hurts to ride not to bad though Smile

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 15:51 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

that fucking sucks...i hope you get the basterd that done it, did any one get the number plate?

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 15:59 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it Laura number one important thing is that you are fine, it could of been much worse.

Nothing you could do, only thing to do is like the oracle said and tell police if you haven't already.

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:59 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Hope the driver gets his/hers soon, bloody car drivers that don't pay attention to road conditions need to be taken off the road permanently, the hit and run drivers even more so. Evil or Very Mad

Get well soon Laura. (Big gentle hug)

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bastard. The Police would definitely be interested as you have been hurt. Shame no one managed to get any details. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle with a claim if the bike's not too bad and you don't think you stand a chance of nailing them. I've done my ribs snowboarding in the past and it's sore for a few good weeks but nothing permanent.

Give TC a shout he'll be able to give out some better advice.

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some real twats in this world.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:32 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, that's crap Sad

(hug)

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

PostPosted: 17:07 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

Know how you feel, I've been hit and run before. Sad

Hope you get better soon Laura.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 17:11 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's shit. Hope the person who did it gets whats coming to them. Evil or Very Mad

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not nice at all, hope you are feeling better soon.

Sad

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 18:21 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky, I hope you heal up soon.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 18:29 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, sorry to hear about that Laura, its a shame you didn't get his number plate!

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 18:47 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Bloody car drivers.

*soft hug*

Hope you heal up soon Laura Smile, and that you find that car and give it a good kicking Razz

GFK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:21 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should report it to the police - their conscience might have got the better of them later, and they might have told the police themselves. In those circumstances they won't do anything until somebody else (you) reports the 'accident'.

That said, you could have been badly hurt, and they just left you on your ass in the road.

Four words; "No win, no fee". Twisted Evil

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 23:22 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooo HONEY!!

Shitter Sad Crying or Very sad
What a gimp to just drive off, definately report it to the police (not that they'll do much for a guess).

Poor love, I'm glad you're ok and that the bike is not too badly damaged, shame you didn't get any witnesses. I'd have a good remember of the car etc and when you're feeling better take a scout around to try and find it. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

XS1954
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:52 - 09 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck. You should report it to the Police. Fail to stop RTA's are always treated with importance. Did any body work from the offending car fall off at all? Valuable evidence if it did.

I am new to bikes and already with the limited time that I have been on the road I have nearly been run over by car drivers talking on mobile phones whilst driving - very annoying and dangerous.

Diehard
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:01 - 10 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that lass, hope your rib is feeling betta soon, and you are riding about again. Trust no-one on the road (unless they are on two wheels) Wink Definately check the CCTV around there. Some shop or business must have had a camera pointing your way.

Get well soon,

Diehard

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:04 - 10 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Sad Hope you're ok and rib is better soon Thumbs Up

Diehard, you don't get many shops with camera's looking where it is then overlooking another shop/ business as that is illegal Shocked . They looked into that at work when there were some cars being stolen. Daft really Confused Thumbs Down
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2