Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What the most annoying things when riding??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: What the most annoying things when riding?? Reply with quote

hasn't happened to me for ages but.

"Getting a sodding fly/small animal in ya crash hat just after you start riding especially down dual carriageways where you can stop! "

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Evil or Very Mad

anyone else got any, i am bored Rolling Eyes programming again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crash it for fun
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:03 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a feeling that you're going to sneeze knowing that you can sod all to stop it. Actually, that is a little scary too.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:05 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say that car drivers who dawdle at roundabouts are pretty annoying, as are people who don't indicate until the last second.

People who pull out on you are extremely annoying, as are those who expect that you will move out of their way because they have a 4x4.

How about Visor misting?

I can't think of anything related to actually *riding* the bike, other than from the cars around it...
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 14:08 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having your mobile in your pocket on vibrate and someone (usually my sister) desperately trying to get in contact with you, until eventually you stop, grab the phone and try to answer it.

Then you realise you can't hear a word they're saying because you forgot to take your helmet off, scurrying to remove helmet with gloves still in place and said phone balancing on tank. When you eventually rip off your lid you tilt the bike over and the phone slides off onto the floor.

Then you have to get off the bike, pick up the phone (making sure you don't drop your lid in the process), only to find that whoever was calling has given up, hasn't left a message and called from a "Private Number".

Is anyone else as clumsy as me and manage to do this more than once? Or am I just a goon when I have to co-ordinate limbs in any kind of functional process?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 14:08 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting cramp in a foot or a leg - always annoys the hell out of me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:15 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenon lights. It should be legal to smash the fuckers with hammers Twisted Evil

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:16 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Slow people, doing 40 in a 50, 40 in a 60 ! grrrrrr
People who p**s about at junctions roundabouts, there blatently no one comming!
People who deliberatly bloke bikers from passing or squeezing in gaps.
People who go to pull out in front of you then slam on their breaks, dont pull in the first place!
Rude bois in thier novas with the window, i just put my zorts next to their window and rev my bike heehee.
Seeing a bloke in a reflective jacket on a bridge Surprised .
White cars with roof racks.
People who stand at the side of the road with reflective .jackets/walkitalkies/measuring equipment/clip bords.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drivers who drive at the same speed everywhere. They can't get up to the national speed limit out of town, they get up to around 46 and no more, then when they get into town their speed doesn't change. It's even worse if you have one that catches you up in town when you're trying to stick to the limit and they insist on sitting on your back wheel the whole time. Fu*k off!

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind people driving close to my ass except when they ain't paying attention...as for people going too slow in a 60 limit, I just overtake Razz

Last edited by ZaphodBeeble on 03:24 - 29 Mar 2004; edited 1 time in total

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a car I don't care how close they sit, but on a bike they can keep the fu*k away. As for overtaking, it's not always that easy, can't imagine it would be easier for you in a car mate?

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why I cant wait for a bike, cant wait to meander thru traffic and stick my middle finger up when I'm through. Very Happy

Last edited by ZaphodBeeble on 03:25 - 29 Mar 2004; edited 1 time in total

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going onto reserve while trying to pull off a risky overtake.
Which then gives rise to brown marks in my pants....

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Thats why i cant wait for a bike, cant wait to meander thru traffic and stick my middle finger up when im thru Very Happy

Not *quite* as easy as that my two headed three armed chum!

You'll need a bambleweeny submeson brain coupled to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a good brownian motion producer to be able to get through traffic without some idiot wanting to pull out on you/block you/open their door to chav a fag off of someone in the next car (its true!).

Its a dangerous world so you need some DuoGenta, Superchromatic, Pyro-sensitive sunglasses which help you develop a relaxed attitude to danger - in order to stay safe!

there is a point to what I say but I can't resist the shameless Hitchikersquotes!

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: riding Reply with quote

"Tw*Ts who go around the outside of the round about and don't get off the next exit" Evil or Very Mad

So paranoid about that seems countless the number of times i have wanted to get off the round about onto a duel carriage way and the egit in the 1st of 2 lanes doesn't go down it so. round again for me !!! grgrgr

Have come very close to kicking the hell out of a car for doing this but i couldn't catch him on my old dt125 Crying or Very sad

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

cagiva gezzer wrote:
Going onto reserve while ............

at traffic lights and the damb thing stops running Embarassed

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marjay - I bought some Motrax fog free spray stuff and it works brilliantly. I've never bothered using it before, I usually use all the other remedies, fairy liquid, welk spit, etc. I can ride with the visor firmly closed now with no worries, it's only about £4 a can. Bargain!

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:09 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything else on the road.

People and animals near the road.

The road itself.

That is all.

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoto Bob wrote:
at traffic lights and the damb thing stops running Embarassed

add to which the road is going up hill and you have to push start (dead battery) Evil or Very Mad

Esspecially when it's not possible to turn around!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MIKEY B
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:26 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Generally People that want to race. Scooters/Cars etc.
*People who pull out because they are unable to judge what speed your going.
*Twats that get right up your arse in the fast lane even though you are already doing 80mph. This happened when I hit 120 the other day, Knobhead bloke was right up my arse (ooh eer missus!!) and I just thought whats the point I am doing 80 at the moment there is no need for you to be going any faster, so I pulled into the middle lane and let him pass.......funnily enough he got out of my way when I flew up behind him doing 120 Laughing Stupid I know but would have liked to see how pissed off he was.
*Pedestrians that walk out between parked vehicles/ or stand in the middle of the road to cross when there is a Zebra Crossing/ Traffic Lights crossing 10foot away.
*People that pull up to junctions really quickly when you are on the main road and you are not sure they are going to stop. T Bone nightmares!!
*One that got me when I had the NSR was in the winter months I used to wear a Balaclava when I rode to work first thing in the morning. Started to notice the thing was really starting to smell of MORNING BREATH even though I brushed my teeth every morning. so I decided one day to have a chewing gum on my way to work and halfway there decided to spit it out straight completely forgetting about the fact that I had a Balaclava and a Helmet on.
Well to keep this post almost short I had to throw the Balaclava away when I got to work. Laughing Laughing

Mike.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:37 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKEY B wrote:
*Twats that get right up your arse in the fast lane even though you are already doing 80mph. This happened when I hit 120 the other day, Knobhead bloke was right up my arse (ooh eer missus!!) and I just thought whats the point I am doing 80 at the moment there is no need for you to be going any faster, so I pulled into the middle lane and let him pass.......funnily enough he got out of my way when I flew up behind him doing 120 Laughing Stupid I know but would have liked to see how pissed off he was.

If there isn't anything in the middle lane, why not just pull over and let him through? I get pissed off with people who refuse to budge from the outside/ middle lane because they see the left lane as "the slow lane". Overtake, then pull back in. And if someone has been trying to push you to go faster, they might be cops. Thus overtaking at 120mph is pretty much making thier day!

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 15:42 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was overtaking the other day (I think with shaun and Laura in the car) and some Mercedes driver was flashing me to get out the way. People like that should be shot. If I was on the bike i'd of dented his door for him.

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horses shitting all over the roads. If farmers are supposed to be responsible for their mess and dog owners are supposed to scoop their dogs mess, who is responsible for this? God danmed things should have nappies on if they want to take them on the roads!

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 16:03 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf courses.

Riding down a nice country lane the other day when a meteor fell from the sky and bounced in front of me and bounced over my bike.

I spent a good 15minutes trying to work out what the hell the object was and where it came from, then I see a sign,

"Golf Course, 300 yards --->".

D'oh.

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting into all your leather's after a good curry the night before, then suddenly feeling the pain, often worse if your on the M1 in the morning.

MIKEY B
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:54 - 12 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste,

Thats what I meant, I was doing 70 in the fast lane I get some twat right up my arse knowing that I cant move out the way but not backing off so I speed up to 80mph and he does the same.

1. I think when your in a car its different but when your on a bike this could easily cause an accident/death.

2. I doubt that a policeman would be driving a tarty Golf, and even if he was I am sure that is entrapment (making you commit the crime)

3. I dont give a fuck, anyone can drive fast it doesnt take a rocket scientist, there is no need for it. How would your family feel that some twat caused you to crash by putting you under pressure on a motorway. What if I was a new rider???

Mike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3