Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Your opinion....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 14 Feb 2004    Post subject: Your opinion.... Reply with quote

Just been at my local dealer today........

Offered me a trade in on the NSR. THey got a 2000 Bandit 600 for 2795, very tempting. Its red, 12000miles, and its mint!

Not sure though. Want a big bike before I do my DAS, and it'll be cheap to insure. And saves hassle of selling NSR.

Any you guys riden the Bandit? What do you think? If it makes the right sounds and goes fast then it'll do me!!! Apparently it handles really well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:14 - 14 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sounds quite pricey. I think you can get them new for about £1000 more than that.

Bandit finish is quite poor, so watch out for corrosion (I have a 1200 Bandit), especially on the rear brake caliper. They handle OK.

Personally I would say it would make a good first big bike.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:28 - 15 Feb 2004    Post subject: Re: Your opinion.... Reply with quote

Erm, is that price including the trade in of your NSR?

It may save you hassle, but, a quick search on adtrader came up with:

Quote:
FOR SALE
Suzuki Bandit GSF 600, year 2000, only 400 miles, excellent condition, blue, £2,800 ovno.

(Mileage may be a misprint, 4000 more likely I'd have thought.)

Quote:
FOR SALE
SUZUKI BANDIT 600, 2001, Y reg. 2800 miles, dry use only, excellent condition. #2,600. no offers. or. -

Quote:
FOR SALE
SUZUKI BANDIT 600 T reg, 7k, 2 new tyres, exc cond, small dent in tank & small scuffs, dark blue, tax & mot £1695.

And many more. Personally I'd try and save £1k and go for something tatty. As this is a 'first big bike' it's still going to be a learning expereience. Probably best to save the shiny bikes for when you're properly confident (and of course you have a thousand pounds sitting in your back pocket to buy other shiney things for Razz)

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 11:41 - 15 Feb 2004    Post subject: Re: Your opinion.... Reply with quote

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
Want a big bike before I do my DAS, and it'll be cheap to insure.

Sorry if I sound patronising (it's not intended), but you do realise that you'll need a licence in order to ride that bike?

As G kinda tried to say - how much is your NSR worth in the trade deal?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 15 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

that aint including the trade in, need to discuss trade in price.

I know I need a license!!! I'm going to book DAS soon, and hopefully have the bike before then.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 15 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Bandit 600 pull a wheelie? Twisted Evil

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 15 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Yes. Whether you can is another question Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 15 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats true!!! Laughing

I cant wait to do my DAS now!!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1