Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:45 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
CBFcarl wrote:
Because my attempts to get Stranger Things from "alternative sources" is dying a really really really slow death, I've signed up for (another) 30 days free trial. Ep 1 so far (20 mins in) is good Smile

Same. Waited like 2 days for season 2 to appear on Kodi/Exodus before running out of patience and taking out a trial. I'm guessing you can do as many as you like as long as it's a different card/email address?

I used a different email address, but both times I've had it, I've had to enter card details. Fortunately, my Yorkshireman genes means that I've got three different calendar reminders to cancel it before I get charged. I signed up this morning at 8am, and whilst at work I'm almost finished on Ep2. I reckon I'll take down ep 3 by the end of the night.

Once this is done (definitely within the week), what is worth watching on 'flix? Something that I can binge on but isn't 8 seasons long - I've got roughly three weeks Very Happy

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Well that's House of Cards finished off then. Rolling Eyes

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/248/017/b27.gif

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:29 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Well that's House of Cards finished off then. Rolling Eyes

I'm beginning to wonder if they just pointed the cameras at Spacey and said "Aaaaaand... ad lib." Whistle

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is touching kids the new ''everybody does coke in Hollywood'' kind of thing?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
Once this is done (definitely within the week), what is worth watching on 'flix? Something that I can binge on but isn't 8 seasons long - I've got roughly three weeks Very Happy

Black mirror definitely, Ozarks is alright, oh and Jessica Jones. TBH I'm struggling to find much I like, Prime's better for movies IMO.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:05 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
The Expanse series 2 out if people haven't seen.

Against my better judgement...

Urgh. The concept, great. The story, fine. The writing... mostly OK. Tiny bit Adam Aaronsian in parts.

But they still have the problem with the budget not matching the aspirations, and the half arsing of the zero/low G parts. I mean, a bloke hurls because he's in free fall zero G an inertial frame of reference, but the spew... falls. Why do the scene if you can't do the scene?

Little things, like touching helmets to talk privately, yay. But only a tiny part of each one, and then the scene cuts back and forth and the contact patch keeps changing every time. Whomever shot it didn't notice, or didn't care, or didn't think I'd notice or care. I care, bro. I care.

The worst is the casting and acting, it's like Grange Hill in space. And a personal bugbear, I absolutely detest casting soft woman in hard roles. It's embarrassing and (literally) patronising both to them and the audience.

I want to like it, but it drives me up the rotating wall.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 05 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

just started I'm Dying Up Here on Now TV comedy drama about aspiring stand ups in the the US in the 70s

it's okay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watching the latest series of Red Dwarf? It has some good moments, not Red Dwarf at its best but still worth watching.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:00 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Anyone watching the latest series of Red Dwarf? It has some good moments, not Red Dwarf at its best but still worth watching.

yeah, sorta. When I remember to read my Radio Times properly and turn over the pages into the backwaters.

I've seen most of the Dave-era ones, though a bit hit and miss the order I've seen them in.

I like it, it's good enough I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:50 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that still going? Featuring Arnold Zimmer, I assume?

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:32 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stranger Things s2 was brilliant. As good as, if not better than, season 1.

I've started watching "The Good Place" on Netflix. Sarah Marshall (Forgetting) dies and goes to "The Good Place" where the best of the best people on earth go when they die. Only thing is, she is a massive douche, and has been sent there by mistake. Any time she does anything selfish, crap happens like rubbish falling from the skies or a massive sinkhole.

Quite funny, 20-odd minute episodes. Worth a watch.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I've seen most of the Dave-era ones, though a bit hit and miss the order I've seen them in.

I think a lot of people were put off by the 3-parter they started off with, when they ended up on the set of coronation street... I guess Craig Charles got them a good deal Neutral

The series after that was better, but it was catching the last series on one of the Dave marathons that got me back into it.

CBFcarl wrote:

I think they tried to do a bit too much. I was really getting into it mid-way through but episodes like when [spoiler alert] she went to find her 'sister' I didn't see the point of.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stranger things 2- almost as good as the first definitely worth a watch

inhumans (marvel's) - 3 episodes in and decided that's enough, utter garbage, probably marvel's worst to date

the gifted (marvel's) - 5 episodes in and shaping up nicely so far, has the young blonde from gotham/goldbergs (natalie alyn lind?) she's 18 so I don't feel bad anymore

tin star - crime drama starring tim roth, his zero fucks given performance is inspiring, gets quite dark and violent

big mouth (animated) - if you find sexual deviancy and pubescent hormone induced perversion amusing this is worth a watch

man down 4 - 2 episode in, rocky start but back on point so far

bojack horseman (animated) - finally started watching this, it's good, maybe not as awe inspiring as everyone says, but it definitely has it's moments

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:59 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch person of interest?

Been meaning to catch the first couple episodes but not had a chance yet.

Mind Hunter looks good too... David Fincher

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:28 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

CBFcarl wrote:

I think they tried to do a bit too much. I was really getting into it mid-way through but episodes like when [spoiler alert] she went to find her 'sister' I didn't see the point of.

I agree to an extent - but this season was longer, allowing more fleshing out of the characters and storylines. I reckon **POTENTIAL SPOILERS** that in the final season there will be a whole army of specials, ready to do battle with the MechaStreisand / UltraDemigorgon.

Anyways, gonna start watching again from S1 this weekend, the Mrs hasn't seen it yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've watched S1 and all of S2 that has aired of The Good Place. Very good - Ted Danson is really good in this.

And, cos I am trying to milk the crap out of this month for free, I have got Master Of None and Mr. Robot lined up for next week.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
stranger things 2- almost as good as the first definitely worth a watch

Would disagree with that, found S2 to be far better than S1. The introduction of new characters worked really well and it's definitely building towards something big.

Also watched all of the Beyond Stranger Things episodes. Some interesting stuff in there from the Duffers explaining why and linking things together. Good insights from the cast too.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:44 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Also The Punisher starts on Netflix end of next week so will watch that.Its the character that was in Jessica Jones IIRC.

Daredevil. And a good call; the supporting cast in that were far more interesting than the titular man without fear. I'd subscribe to the Wilson and Vanessa Show in an instant.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to find S1 of Stranger Things, but struggling.
Can someone just run it by me again where I can get hold of it.
I have no idea that Kodi/Exodus is/are/might be.

Yes yes I'm going to google it now, but I've been wasting my time trying to find season 1 of Stranger Things instead of learning about potential new ways of grabbing things off the internet for watching.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, apparently I have to have some sorta windows update cos ancient PC.
CBA with all that.

Might just start from season 2 on Netflix instead

Once I'm finished with this stupid Spanish subtitles thing
(keep falling asleep and missing bits cos its subtitled Laughing doh Brick Wall )

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started watching Fringe (2008) - 7/10

The X-Files kind of Tv show, but more of a comedy with suprisingly well put together cast and very well, for a Tv show, made special effects with suprisingly high production quality. If I'm not mistaken, Fringe was done by the same team that later on made LOST and you can tell some things are rather similar.

It was odd to see Joshua Jackson there at first, but now I'm thinking this might be his best work. Well, this and the film One Week (2008), where he rides a Norton Commando, because he's got cancer (not a spoiler).

All and all, good tv series worth the time. IF you like sci-fi, conspiracy and all that.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:44 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Started watching Fringe (2008) - 7/10=

Good call, quite liked.

Rumour goes that the ratings plummeted precipitously in season 3 but nobody at FOX dared cancel it because "[Anna Torv's] paternal aunt is writer Anna Maria Torv Murdoch Mann, who was married for 31 years to billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch." Whistle

Somewhat surprisingly, she is a very decent actor, and the rest of the cast is strong too. Worth a go.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently catching up on 'The Fall', due to missing it first time round, and The X Files reigniting my teen crush on Gillian Anderson Wub Laughing

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:10 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Might just start from season 2 on Netflix instead

Don't know if that would work. S1 sets up and explains most of what happens in S2 so, despite there being a little catch up, it could just be very confusing.

Edit - why not just watch S1 on netflix?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 19 of 62