Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 27 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Nip/Tuck (2003-2010)

I watched the first 3 seasons back in the day, when it was released. Recently going through all the 6 seasons. It's a series of many unfortunate events for two plastic surgeons, comedy, drama, thriller. The cast is excellent, with very nice chemistry. The first 5 seasons were very well made and paced. The last seasons was just way too long and uneventful.

It also felt so fresh to see a Tv show today without all the modern interventions of all sorts of ''groups''.

I tried going back to it recently, as I too stopped watching it at I think around the same point. I actually found it full of 'modern themes' done in a really cringe and clumsy way, like the OTT Nazi girlfriend. I'd also forgotten the incredibly lame outcome of the (initially gripping) Carver storyline Laughing

Yes, some of the episodes/themes were beyond bad. The Nazi girlfriend being probably the worst of them. Not for the idea, I mean it made perfect sense that in a show about plastic surgery there would be such a theme, but the way they did it was preposterous, (*spoiler: help me bleach my skin, because I might be whatever % black)

The Carver story was actually well written and paced, but the ending was very disappointing. In fact, the ending of the whole TV show was somewhat lacklustre and very predictable.

That being said, I did enjoy the show. McNamara and Troy worked great together, the Ava character was also alright and the Escobar Gallardo character was excellent. Some of the cameos by all sorts of people were questionable, but they never stayed too long. I also forgot Alanis Morissette was in the show, so was Bradley Cooper, Alec Baldwin, J. K. Simmons, and many others.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 05 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Wrexham - quite solid 7/10

Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds buy the Wrexham AFC to bring it back to its former glory. To be honest, those two don't really sell the show, it's the footballers and the staff, incl. the club supporters... and their ups and downs, stories... that make this show (documentary) worth watching.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 13 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching the Handmaid's tale on virgin media.

Great start apart from the ads (C4) then got to Episode 3 last Saturday to be told "Well this is embarrassing (cannot connect) try again in a few minutes".

Kept getting this message so gave up and tried Sunday, it worked but I could only watch for the rock bottom price of £2.50 per episode or £20 per series.

and they wonder why people use torrents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason im still watching Star Trek Discovery. I don't know why, im into series three but finf myself skipping forwards so often to get through all the heart to heart feels moments a single episode lasts about thirty minutes instead of fifty.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

the orville

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:35 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
For some reason im still watching Star Trek Discovery. I don't know why, im into series three but finf myself skipping forwards so often to get through all the heart to heart feels moments a single episode lasts about thirty minutes instead of fifty.

Also known as, "What would happen if you gave teenagers control of a starship."

Only have 2 shows on-the-go myself currently. From and Silo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed me by the first time round but I'm chewing through "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

Good for a chuckle when you're on a tea break.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Passed me by the first time round but I'm chewing through "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

Good for a chuckle when you're on a tea break.

Yeah its rude, which is what you want from a sitcom really.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the American ad breaks, 20 mins of not having to think Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started "The Days" on Netflix which is a miniseries about the Fukushima tsunami disaster.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Just started "The Days" on Netflix which is a miniseries about the Fukushima tsunami disaster.

Cheery.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting though Shocked

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 14 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to start watching The Power tonight. Its about a world were some strange event gives women the power to kill anyone by projecting an electric shock. Consequently this power reverses the power dynamic between men and women.

I will report back.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 15 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Power.

I enjoyed it. It does have some slightly wokish elements but most of the characters are engaging and after episode 1 im intrigued to see how their stories unfold.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:54 - 25 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

New season of Black Mirror! Only seen episode 1 so far but definitely up to the standard of previous seasons Thumbs Up

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:45 - 25 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
New season of Black Mirror! Only seen episode 1 so far but definitely up to the standard of previous seasons Thumbs Up

If a little too predictable this time around.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 12 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manifest.

Its an intriguing idea, a plane arrives five years after it disappeared but for the passengers and crew no time has past. Shenanigans transpire in thriller conspiracy type form.

Unfortunately the scripting is rubbish and your left wondering is it the acting or the directing or the actual script thats wonky. I dont know why im still watching it ten episodes in.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 13 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin From Accounts
Very funny.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 18 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched that three-parter biog on Schwarzenegger.

I struggled with admitting just how much I liked him before, and now I have to struggle with the fact that I like him even more.

Its really energising that he has the self-confidence and drive to say I'm gonna totally change direction and WIN ... and then he goes and does it.
I think like that myself, although not to quite such a successful level Laughing

Not sure how I missed that he did the dirty on Maria Schriver, I must have been-not-paying attention back there somewhere - but I suppose its not really a surprise. Anyone who courts that level of fame always thinks they are invincible but the gutter press always gets them in the end.

Still, I definitely liked the series, and somehow he seems to improve with age. Few more years and he will be looking a bit more fragile, but he will still be one of my all-time heroes Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

have started watching the Sopranos again.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

not seen it, was gonna start but its not on amazon or netflix so not gonna. I heard it was great tho, saw a few clips on tiktok.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

not seen it, was gonna start but its not on amazon or netflix so not gonna. I heard it was great tho, saw a few clips on tiktok.

this is why pirates exist Very Happy

it really is top tv.

sopranos. Breaking bad, Justified. my top 3 tv shows.
Game of thrones would have been up there were it not for the farcical final series Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! I love The Sopranos Wub
My favourite one is where Chris and Paulie get lost in the snow Laughing
I'd watch the whole series again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 20 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add The Wire and Narcos to that list.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure erm, not so much. I have no idea why this is supposed to be a popular anime but there's a certain "car crash" element in trying to figure out the aesthetic. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on the other hand is much more straightforward and wholesome.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:03 - 20 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tried to watch the wire a couple of times after hearing people say how good it is.
just couldnt get into the show, a lot of the time i didnt have scoobies what the blacks in the show were saying because of the way they spoke.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 59 of 62