Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 23 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the episode where the world was obsessed with that star rating shit.

Reminded me of my sister, she'd do most anything for a fucking like on facebook.

Yeah, Black Mirror is pretty good.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 24 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am watching frontier on Netflix

Set in early american west before cowboys

Seems enough bloodshed and killing

Has bosoms but no nipples yet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:34 - 28 Feb 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - hatstand/10

A bunch of random things happen, or don't happen, randomly acted, or not acted, by a random range of talent, or not talent, headed up by a mincing metrosexual who I'd like to randomly sledgehammer in the face. Note to Septic casting directors: not all foppish Englishmen are Matt Smith. Oh, and Frodo Faggins wanders around with that exact same horror-constipation expression plastered on on his face that he used for all 27 hours of Lord of the Rings. He'd catch the hammer on the backswing.

I'm sure it's all jolly witty and clever when the spaghetti is finally knitted, but since I'm given no reason to care about any of the characters, why would I bother putting in the time to find out?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:22 - 04 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falling Skies (seasons 1 to 5) kill-them-all / 10

After hating on this pretty hard to begin with for being cardboard characters fighting a shiny-hair-unlimited-ammo-post-apocalyptic war against Bug Eyed Monsters, I dipped back into it, and to my surprise found myself sticking with it.

It's not brilliant, it won't change your view of the world, but it is well made, consistent and determined. They stuck with the characters and the theme and have done a decent job of it. Sure, it's just humans-vs-BEMs, but where's the harm in that? I actually like that the couple of times that they've done Walking Dead-esque "Ah hah, but aren't humans the real monsters?" arcs, that it turns out that no, the real monsters are the real monsters.

There's some decent totty from teeny to milfy, and credit to them for actually having a couple of teen actors mature on set with a surprisingly low quotient of angst.

Not a huge amount of depth, but a satisfying amount of bugsplat.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:36 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is boxsets and it's only recently started, but: 'APB'.
Advertised at the end of '24 Legacy', which it's self is at least watchable...

No, no no.

It's like they got a middle aged middle classed suburban house wife who has trouble using an iphone and considers a yoga class their one 'life experience' and asked about technology, policing and 'downtown' american cities. Don't expecting acting or a plot to make up for that.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:42 - 08 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preacher
Amazon series.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5016504/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Not finished watching it yet,and looking forward to a 2nd series.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watching Legion?
It's Marvel, so I gave it a shot. It's a headfuck, but it seems to be coming together rather well.

My brain hurts just thinking about it.

Scoring 8.8 on IMDB which is crazy high, I'm not even sure it's good let alone great, but if this is done carefully, it could become something wonderful.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5114356/

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:41 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching Legion - nicely presented and quite different.
Very psychological, but is it trying too hard?
Definitely worth a watch, anyway.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Very psychological, but is it trying too hard?

Yeah, It's like you can't work out if they are story telling or just doing things to confuse or be artistic.

Marvel are generally good at consistent storylines though, with the obvious exceptions of the blockbuster movie stuff, so it may all well be calculated and meaningful. I have great hopes for this show, I do hope they pull it off.

Last edited by Pjay on 09:33 - 16 Mar 2017; edited 1 time in total

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:04 - 16 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
Am watching frontier on Netflix

Set in early american west before cowboys

Seems enough bloodshed and killing

Has bosoms but no nipples yet

disappointed

no tits after a good start and seemed to end on a whimper rather then go out with a cliff hanger
not sure if we are getting another series but left two of the main characters with no knowing what happened to them Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 16 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

22/11/63 - Time travel meets JFK assassination - 4/10

Time travel was underused, the first few episodes and the final episode were good, the bit in the middle was irrelevant filler. The blonde is smoking hot.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:24 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel's Iron First - it's the Green Arrow, but somehow they've somehow managed to take the one-dimensional character and plot concept and removed some dimensions of complexity from it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is every film going to be made into a series now? I watched an episode of Snatch and it was just awful.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:45 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Marvel's Iron First - it's the Green Arrow, but somehow they've somehow managed to take the one-dimensional character and plot concept and removed some dimensions of complexity from it.

Netflixxx kept shoving it in my face, so I caved in and took a lick.

Oh dear.

Oh deary me.

I was minded to like it because the SJWs have been bagging on it pretty hard. Muh cultural appropriationz!

But they do actually have a point. It's not the 1970s, you need to lampshade the issue, deal with it head on, then move past it. They don't. It's just "Rich cracker spends 5 minutes learning kung fu, so obviously is become the bestest at it." Uh, no. Not good enough.

Rich guy uses his semi-mystical abilities to fight crime. Right, you're bound by the source material, but what are you bringing to it? "Because kung fu," isn't enough any more.

It's not the acting. The cast is forgettable. The little oriental poppet is juicy enough totty and a lot more physically capable than the lead, the skinny one is prematurely aged from years on the casting couch, the blokes are daytime soap fodder.

The big problem is the titular Fisty, who's is a mopey muppet-haired hipster nothing, doing some sort of shoddy Keanu Reeves pastiche. Truly mistaken casting.

Writing, cinematography, score, all bumbling and pedestrian. The action choreography in particular is disappointing. Posing and ropey wire work, absolutely no real sense of threat, not good enough.

It's no Jessica Jones, it's no Daredevil, or Arrow, it's not even Luke Cage. Poor bloody show, Netflix.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 11:46 - 30 Mar 2017; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magical wank fist guy's like a character from Zoolander. Yeah it's not working for me, story seems all over the place. Wasted too much time recently watching stuff in the hope it gets better.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Breaking Bad last week. A little predicatable at the end. Crying or Very sad I thought it let the viewer into too much as it
progressed which kind of spoilt it for me a bit. Not enough twists or shock events for me.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:41 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I loved the grinding inevitability of it. It was never going to be a fairytale, and I felt that they drove it all the way off the cliff with both feet mashing the accelerator.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:58 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted that Black Sails is now over after 4 seasons.

Walking dead just ended with the season finale (until season 48 starts or whatever it's on), which was erm... interesting.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banshee - 7/10

Recently released crim looks for his partner in crime who is on the run from a dude they robbed, finds her in a small town. New sheriff in town gets capped, crim takes his place. Punching, kicking and many boobs ensue.

Surprisingly enjoyable. Two series down, two to go.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Gutted that Black Sails is now over after 4 seasons.

Walking dead just ended with the season finale (until season 48 starts or whatever it's on), which was erm... interesting.

Second half of Season 7 was meh (the first half was brilliant), felt like they were deliberately dragging it out.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
felt like they were deliberately dragging it out.

They have been dragging the whole thing out since the Terminal episodes.

It seems now this Negan storyline is here for another season at least.
I wouldn't mind but hes a 1 dimensional version of the Governer.
At least he had that whole thing going on about his daughter. Negan has no character past being a sadistic dick. In real life, he would have been killed by one of his own a long time ago. Hard cases in a lawless world wouldn't stand for the shit he dishes out, yet we are led to believe they all unquestionably follow him, even when he steals their wives for his harem.

It's a shit storyline with unrealistic characters. Especially those garbage dwellers. As if in a world as vast as the one they live in, anyone would choose to live in a dump, especially a whole community. They virtually all look like they have dysentery. I'm not sure why the writers decided that would be a good idea.

I know it's all fiction, but ffs at least try and make it half plausible.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Negan's the best character in the whole series Smile Rick or Carole being bad ass killers just isn't believable, Negan ruling by fear and how he's always on the edge is IMO. I agree the garbage dwellers are a weird addition, and how Rick decided to randomly trust them.

Think it was in one of Charlie Brookers programs he explained why series' tend to ebb and flow, the budget has to last so they can't have lots of action in every episode, with TWD they tend to have half a dull season and then it kicks off (except season 2 which was all dull).

Or like black sails where they seemed spunk the entire budget on the season 2 finale Razz

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think he'd last long. I am 100% sure I'd have popped a cap in him, just being around him for 20 mins. You can't be having loose cannons in a world like that. Of course you need leadership, but the King guy pulls it all off so much better.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 04 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have left the f'ing kingdom and gone work for Negan to get away from the king Laughing I dunno, it's rare to want to root for the bad guy, I'm happy he didn't die in the finale even though the whole thing was extremely contrived.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:50 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iZombie S3 just hit Netflix. Episodically. I thought we were done with this prehistoric ritual teasing. Sick
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 9 of 62