Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back watching the Sopranos again Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the deal with amazon prime pilots (yes I've bought a sub' and stopped stealing shit Razz)? Oasis seemed pretty good*, a bit rushed towards the end but it's a pilot. Hoping there will be a full series?

Also watched The Tick, better than I was expecting, looking forward to the series next month.

*a few worrying similarities to Lost though Neutral

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:

I went through it twice, the second time was even better. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the set, will watch again at some point, it was the best crime drama series ever and the followed by SOA which is a distant 2nd.

I've enjoyed some of the walking dead, prison break, and probably more than both of these Wentworth prison, but all are shit compared to the above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got into it... why's everyone staring at me Shifty

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started watching Startup, tech' thing combined with gangsta shit Confused That guy from the office plays an interesting character. Not what I was expecting and found myself wanting to find out what happens next Thumbs Up

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I preferred The Shield tbh. It came before the sopranos and the latter "took inspiration" from a few key aspects of the former.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
M.C wrote:

I preferred The Shield tbh. It came before the sopranos and the latter "took inspiration" from a few key aspects of the former.

Confused

Sopranos screened in 99 with writing starting in 97, and The Shield screened in 2002....

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:04 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a massive fan of the Preacher comics so was really excited when they announced the TV show. I agreed with the casting (except Ruth Negga initially), and decided to wait until the end of the series and binge it. Then forgot until Season 2 was starting.

I downloaded all of S1, and watched it over a couple of days. Then, took out a free Prime membership for a month and watched S2 up until the last one.

I really enjoyed the first season. It was different to the comics, but I loved them that much that I was happy to see more stories. Some characters were criminally under-used, some are/were brilliant, and yeah, overall it was a good season.

Season two is a different kettle of fish. The change of scenery is a shot in the arm. Moving to New Orleans with the neon, jazz and "real" people is great. Some of the characters are really growing, the Saint of Killers was an amazing character, and I hope to see more in the future. Fiore and DeBlanc really were great too.

Looking forwards to see more of this, hoping it leads into Jesse's family history whilst they are down that neck of the woods.

Also -

GoT - the new series has started off steady, lets see what happens.
Harlots - an ITV / HBO thing that was very entertaining, with Samantha Morton and bewbs.
Outcast - Season 1 was brilliant, season 2 is slow so far. Good idea though.
Key and Peele - Not a boxset, really, but I've been watching their sketch show. At times it is insanely funny, and other times it is a bit hit and miss, but 5 seasons in total, worth a watch.

Oh, and started SOA season 6 again.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
GoT - the new series has started off steady, lets see what happens.

It sure has Dance! 2 episodes in and if the whole series was available I'd probably binge until my eyes burn... again.

Finished Startup, it's a bit all over the place, has some really good bits but a lot of the story seems disjointed. It appears to be the guy from the OC's first producer gig (as well as staring in the show), dunno if that has anything to do with it.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
No love for House Of Cards?

HoC is great.

I didn't know Fargo S3 even existed, that's next up on the watch list.

Trawling through Elementary at the moment, lacks a wider story arc, each episode is pretty much self contained - finding it a bit repetitive.

GoT S7 is coming along nicely, half tempted to stop watching it and wait for them all to be aired, so I can binge it.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:

I've foolishly overlooked this show for years, I'm probably going to order the box set very soon.

ಠ_ಠ

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I started watching LOST again. Still good, but not as good as the first time I saw it. After all, a huge part of the show was not knowing what's going on.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
J4mes wrote:

I've foolishly overlooked this show for years, I'm probably going to order the box set very soon.

You should, if there was a top 10 crime/drama list on the BCF, this would be the number one show to watch or at least in the top three. The way the producers worked with the storyline and characters is exceptional. You really become to know the main characters and care about them. The show had its lows, but that's just a few episodes very late in the series, so you already either like the Sopranos and will watch through it or you've never got passed the first season and won't care.

After The Sopranos, I decided to try the next big thing: The Wire (2002). I watched the pilot and decided not to carry on. I guess the Wire is one of those shows that worked great when released, but didn't hold up well.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
So, I started watching LOST again. Still good, but not as good as the first time I saw it. After all, a huge part of the show was not knowing what's going on.

And waiting 10 episodes to find out Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Started watching Red Oak, or unrealistic relationship comedy #481 as it's also known.

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/headshots/craig-roberts-2.jpg
This guy with...

This gal:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/69/cf/9e/69cf9ea5711ad5a72a1816fa4de28125.gif

And this unlikely combination:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTY4MzY3OTg3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg5NTAwNzE@._V1_.jpg

At least I assume the above get together, I'm not that far into it. Seems alright, nostalgic 80's thing with a bit of comedy, I guess a bit like The Goldbergs.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

I'm guessing you're talking about the writers?
I never did finish Lost, might have to watch the last few episodes at some point...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:46 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF wrote:
House of Cards

So, I was enthusing to Mrs Borg about how it featured a loving, respectful and fully honest couple, and took the brave and tough scripting decision to eschew the lazy plotline of a conflict between the main characters that lesser shows rely on.

Then the latter half of season 3 happened. Brick Wall

Mark_UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:59 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozark , first series on Netflix (or download elsewhere Confused )
8.7/10 on IMDB https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Absolutely brilliant. If you were a Breaking Bad fan, you will love this.

Financial advisor ends up laundering for a Mexican cartel, has to move with family due to crazy Mexicans, and has to launder millions, while also getting tied up with a crazy hillbilly family, and redneck heroin dealers.

Very very good. I binge-watched in 3 days. Only problem now is I have to wait for a year for series 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave HoC a go and it was pretty much what I expected (a boring political drama). Also gave Under the Dome a go which was garbage, and American Playboy which's part documentary, part dramatisation when they should have picked one or the other.

Oh well I'll have to drip feed the latest GoT series to get my fix Crying or Very sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:36 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Oh well I'll have to drip feed the latest GoT series to get my fix Crying or Very sad

A boring political drama. Razz

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its a boring period drama Wink Fortunately they fill it with so much sex and violence you don't notice Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:19 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
BCF wrote:
House of Cards

So, I was enthusing to Mrs Borg about how it featured a loving, respectful and fully honest couple, and took the brave and tough scripting decision to eschew the lazy plotline of a conflict between the main characters that lesser shows rely on.

Then the latter half of season 3 happened. Brick Wall

... then the latter half of season 4 happened. All is forgiven. Gooses were bumped.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor mans Avengers?

https://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/14004085/p14004085_b_v8_aa.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:19 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Poor mans Avengers?

Urgh, I guess I should, but it depends who was behind the camera.

Jessica Jones - surprisingly superb. Bounce!
Daredevil - the supporting cast were mostly great + brutal action scenes. Thumbs Up
Luke Cage - tedious and morose drawn out blaxploitation. Thumbs Down
Iron Fist - muh culshural approprates! Also, hipster tosser. Also j-j-j-j-ump cuts. Sick

That Iron Fist was apparently the most popular of the four on Netflix gives me a sad. I'd really just prefer another series of Jessica Jones, or for that matter a Wilson and Vanessa Show spinoff from Daredevil, since they were hugely more interesting than the nominal leads.

<Takes a hit from my inhaler>

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent most of the first episode wondering who the blind guy was, so maybe I should watch Daredevil* first Smile Pretty much agree with you on the others, I didn't finish hipster and his magical wank hand.

*the Ben Affleck effort put me off for good I think
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 13 of 61