Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:13 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'd give Daredevil a go. It's worth it just for Vincent D'onofrio's performance as Kingpin, veering between touching and deranged like a hulking rage-baby.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:38 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've probably gone on about it before, but "Into the Badlands" is as a good as "Iron Fist" is bad.

Ok, it's based in a post Apocalyptic scenario (even better); it's effectively along the same magic-Kung Fu lines, but done so massively better.

Season 2 also features Nick Frost (Sean of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc) to excellent effect.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found myself watching the odd box set on my days off.... and now I'm running out of ideas.

I did binge watch the first season of American Gods recently, also finished the first season of Stranger Things.... both were quite entertaining (for someone who doesn't watch TV as shown or recorded anyway), a friend also recommended Midnight Texas, so I watched the trailer and thought it was going to be a load of rubbish with loads of jump scares Rolling Eyes I ended up watching the first 4 episodes in a night and now have to wait for the next episode to be aired Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided the Defenders wasn't very good... unfortunately I was already on the finale by the time I'd made up my mind (must cut my losses earlier with these things) Brick Wall

The dialogue consists of "something something trust me" (the drink along phrase if you're playing at home). The mass brawl scenes are so generic and undramatic you're left not giving a f**k who survives.
Magic wank hand guy schooled at the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too still massively gets on my nerves. Jessica Jones couldn't save it Crying or Very sad Also there's too much required reading needed to get up to speed, just like the Marvel universe movies.

Started watching Ozark, so far it seems alright.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I'm watching the 9th episode (one to go), it is good, but I sure did not expect to see - - - SPOILER gay oral sex SPOILER - - -. I mean, that was new, in such show. Is this some kind of a pissing contest between the American Tv/Netflix shows producers? It doesn't add anything to the story, so why put it there, to move the boundries? Do the producers sit in the office, waiting for someone to suggest this or is it the first thing they want in the show? Confused

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching first episode of series 4 of Halt and Catch Fire
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
M.C wrote:

I'm watching the 9th episode (one to go), it is good, but I sure did not expect to see - - - SPOILER gay oral sex SPOILER - - -. I mean, that was new, in such show. Is this some kind of a pissing contest between the American Tv/Netflix shows producers? It doesn't add anything to the story, so why put it there, to move the boundries? Do the producers sit in the office, waiting for someone to suggest this or is it the first thing they want in the show? Confused

Every series seems to have a gay storyline now, was it the first one with the rent boy (I'm on episode 6), or is there another to look forward to? Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one. A bit too much, in my opinion. I got used to see gay people in Tv shows, having interactions and relations, all alright, but choking on someone's cock in a crime Tv show? A bit too much, considering it wasn't even the main character and it brought nothing to the story.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, although they also showed underage sex and a housewife getting spanked Very Happy Having just watched the cafe/gay kiss scene I think it's to 'normalise' homosexuality rather than add anything to the story, which probably turns my indifference towards it into a bit of animosity oddly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Also watched The Tick, better than I was expecting, looking forward to the series next month.

It's ok, more mildly amusing than side-splittingly funny. Game of Thrones finale was last night (only 7 episodes this season), it was epic but what do I do now? Crying or Very sad
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Mark_UK wrote:
Ozark , first series on Netflix (or download elsewhere Confused )
8.7/10 on IMDB https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Absolutely brilliant. If you were a Breaking Bad fan, you will love this.

Financial advisor ends up laundering for a Mexican cartel, has to move with family due to crazy Mexicans, and has to launder millions, while also getting tied up with a crazy hillbilly family, and redneck heroin dealers.

Very very good. I binge-watched in 3 days. Only problem now is I have to wait for a year for series 2.

Watched that last week and also thought it was very good.

Narco's 3 starts end of the week and then the brilliant Stranger Things returns shortly.

I didn't care for Breaking bad Folded arms but I quite liked Ozark, well enough to finish it anyway. It was a bit predictable and contrived in places, but at the same time there were some wasn't expecting that moments, and most of the characters are really good.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So shuffled about with on demands,

was getting ride of Now Movies, but then stayed cos got 3 months cheap, will cancel, got free returning month to Netlfix, may stay

Amazon Prime too

Therefore, watching Better Call Saul series 3, got up to where he is called Saul Thumbs Up

Will watch series 5 of Game of Cards next, and another episode of Halt and Catch fire tonight too.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:49 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Will watch series 5 of Game of Cards next.

House of Thrones is pretty good too.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 09 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started watching Halt and Catch Fire today.
2 eps in and it seems pretty good to be honest.

https://thetvdb.com/?id=271910&tab=series

Quote:
In the early 1980s a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy combine to confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional lives will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas' Silicon Prairie.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:27 - 10 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved HaCF series 1, but gave up in S2 when it went more soap operatic. Critics flipped the other way, which shows what they know.

Oh, The Tick. Well, I guess I watched it, and it's only about 2 1/2 hours out of your life when you've skipped the credits. It's just... they forgot the funny. With that really annoying gimmick of a different writer and director every episode, it feels patchy and awkward and the cast doesn't have any real rapport. Serafinowicz does a decent job but he's up against the legacy of Warburton's pitch-perfect performance (and physique). The character is written and played as occasionally uncertain, which might be fine as a later character development but doesn't work during an establishing series which I suspect isn't going to lead to a renewal.

The standout was Yara Martinez as the one-eye candy.

I'm on to season 3 of Gotham, and it's also a bit of a mess. I mean, it's about a boy-man who will eventually dress as a bat to strike fear into the hearts of street criminals that he will never go up against, so a little suspension of disbelief is required. My main problem is that Bruce is such a limp, passive wimp that if you made a doll of him it would come with a ransom note as an accessory. Canon is that Bruce is driven by unshakeable determination and absolute certainty, and they're taking their sweet time working up to that.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 10 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Netflix onto my phone so now I can catch up with tv stuff in between quiet moments at work (not many of those at the moment, admittedly).

Realised I missed the last three episodes of S3 Better Call Saul. Yay!
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 10 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
hellkat wrote:
I downloaded Netflix onto my phone so now I can catch up with tv stuff in between quiet moments at work (not many of those at the moment, admittedly).

Realised I missed the last three episodes of S3 Better Call Saul. Yay!

Netflix has to be the bargain of the century.Can't believe i get so much great quality shows and films for only £5.99 a month.

Unless you want live sport,SKY is just a total waste of money.

I don't even watch 'normal' TV anymore,except for bike racing highlight shows.

Paying under £5 p/m for Prime Whistle

I got pissed off with Netflix when I realised how much more (UK) content you got on the US service Confused Also I think they block proxies now so you can't even access it.

Prime seems to have better movies, Netflix has the occasional good series but that's where Kodi comes in Smile

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 10 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozark is ace

Only prob I have is only doing two episodes a night

Narcos series 3 is ready but waiting for a week off to binge watch

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ''Vice Principals'' is back, the first season was good. Danny McBride was made to play such characters. Thumbs Up

It's quite diluted down ''Eastbound & Down'', which was his best job so far, but still worth the time.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of House of Thrones?

Just started Designated Survivor.Will binge watch it this week.

Will cancel Netflix on 22nd, cos I'm a freeloading, free trial, discount, coupon cutting cheap skate 😁

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:25 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

I have heard of it. Thanks for asking. Why though?

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

I have heard of it. Thanks for asking. Why though?

I was responding to someone further up the thread, but was on my stupid fiddly windows phone, and had trouble quoting.

Is House of Thrones a thing? Or did they mean Game of Thrones I was wondering? As my google searching was fruitless.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said Game of Cards - did you mean House of Cards or Game of Thrones?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 14 of 61