Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Hyper Drive is ace, and imo ten times better than e,g, red dwarf. Too bad there're only two seasons.

Commencify agreementing.

It is a shame there isn't more of it.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Curb Your Enthusiasm episode was fantastic. Really looking forward to the rest of season 9.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I'll have to give it a try. Hmm... Miranda Hart Thinking

Yeah but this is way before she actually existed.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:46 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that was basically where she started to exist.

Anyway; it's all about the dog-eggs!

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_ebBBYloo

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 21:02 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Season 2 of Riverdale is on Netflix thursday.

Season 1 was great.

Kidding me? This shite is worse than a Twilight film prolonged for a whole season. Someone recommended this, turned it off after 30 mins... tripe.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:32 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that...

Narcos season 3. Pretty well done, but it's telling that they got two seasons out of Escobar, but only one out of the whole Cali cartel. Just not as interesting, in a murderous cheeky chappy sense.

... on that...

El Chapo. Eh, the amateur dramatics version of Narcos. Low budget, and it shows. Mediocre acting, ropey CGI, dire incidental music, I didn't even get to the end of the first episode.

Ozark. Filmed entirely in bluefiltervision. Nope, don't care. Don't care about any of the people in it, or what story they're going to tell. Half an hour and out.

Netflix may have peaked and be just knocking them out now.

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:17 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Started watching the Mr. Mercedes. 5 episodes gone and so far there were only two w220 cars for about 5 minutes altogether. Tut Tut

Which must have been the biggest highlight as I thought it was shite.
Well the first episode anyway, not going to waste any more time finding out if I was right.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 08 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

And the giant bean Laughing
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:10 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
I thought the same at first,but you need to stick with [Riverdale].The first half hour really did not do it any favours.

What changes?

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:31 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if already mentioned but...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6439752/

Snowfall - About the crack cocaine epidemic in the 1980's in LA. Seen 3 episodes already and it's really good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5290382/

Mind Hunter - New David Fincher (Fight Club) series starting on Friday. It is the usual FBI tracking serial killers story but Fincher will do this incredibly well, so will be worth watching.

And I did some checking of some shows I watch to see exactly when they start back up for the latest seasons so thought I'd post it here...

Into The Badlands S02 - March 17

Narcos S03 - 1st September 17

Mr Robot S03 - 11th October 17

The Walking Dead S08 - 22nd Oct 17

Stranger Things S02 - 27th Oct 17

Vikings S05 - 29th Nov 17

Peaky Blinders S04 - 17*

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:55 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest episode of Orville - if you've been lucky enough to not have watched it - keep it that way.

Seems to hit a new low in mediocre poor quality. Not even "so bad it's funny"; just pure dross.

I had to watch another episode of Hyperdrive after to rebalance life.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:02 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right, Gotham S3.

On balance... quite liked.

I mean, it's a show about a lad who grows up to dress as a bat to scare criminals (a cowardly, superstitious lot), so they can only raise the concept so high.

But it's competently written, well filmedm and the casting (Bat-lad aside, oy vey) is spot on. Sean Pertwee is having a right laugh as Alfred, ad libbing for all he's worth, the cheeky monkey.

The eye candy is tasty and varied, they cheerfully lampshade that superhero afterlife has a revolving door, and taken as a three season arc, I'm actually pretty happy with it as an origins story.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Not sure if already mentioned but...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6439752/

Snowfall - About the crack cocaine epidemic in the 1980's in LA. Seen 3 episodes already and it's really good.

Watched the first episode of Snowflake on BBC 2, seems very cliche but I'll probably give it a bit longer.

G wrote:
Latest episode of Orville - if you've been lucky enough to not have watched it - keep it that way.

Seems to hit a new low in mediocre poor quality. Not even "so bad it's funny"; just pure dross.

Got up to episode 3 and it was some gender shite, so turned it permanently off. Tried hyperdrive and got to part 3 of episode 1 (on YouTube) before it had been blocked by the BBC Rolling Eyes Based on 20mins Shifty I didn't think it was that good.

Just started Stranger Things, feel a compulsion to keep watching.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:40 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

I did have the misfortune of listening to a friend and watching a couple of episodes..... far too much bad CGI, although some decent set decoration..... acting is a bit too family guy so shouldn't be taken seriously.... it was supposed to be a piss rip of star trek after all.

Anyway, just finished up on season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead.... unfortunately Lucy Lawless didn't get her tits out for even a split second Evil or Very Mad
Overall, if you're a fan of the movies and watched the first series... then it shows they are using a movie budget per episode at times.... but still making it funny at the same time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:55 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Noted. Ive watched two episodes so far and jury is still out, Ill give it one more go, but from all of your reviews, it will be the last episode I watch. I get the impressed its best enjoyed whist high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching Outlander... it's a period drama but with time travelling involved. Good show to watch with the wife as it's pretty decent and loads of tits.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:

I did have the misfortune of listening to a friend and watching a couple of episodes..... far too much bad CGI, although some decent set decoration..... acting is a bit too family guy so shouldn't be taken seriously.... it was supposed to be a piss rip of star trek after all.

That's the problem with it, it's basically a shit version of star trek with loose Family Guy language, the storylines are trying to be serious. Seth MacFarlane does this a lot, it's like he's trying to re-create something he likes but doesn't have the skill to do so, that or it's his usual formula just poorly implemented.

It's very much like A Million Ways to Die in the West, family guy humour only works in certain scenarios, TED for example, in others it's just naff.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Law and Order - SEASON 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.... went nuts on ebay, bought five seasons for about £30.... That will keep me going because I've run out of TV shows to watch.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave.... wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Started watching the Mr. Mercedes. 5 episodes gone and so far there were only two w220 cars for about 5 minutes altogether. Tut Tut

Which must have been the biggest highlight as I thought it was shite.
Well the first episode anyway, not going to waste any more time finding out if I was right.

I do agree with you. Not as good as I thought it could have been. Even though I like Brendan Gleeson, this show was rather mediocre. Nothing, that I'd recommend others.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:00 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried watching Rick and Morty. Couldn't be more meh if I tried.

Started watching Stranger Things. The first episode is very good, and Winona Ryder is still fit.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Star Trek is great, hopefully this will run as long as Voyager and DS9 and not peter out like Star Trek: Enterprise. Also enjoying The Orville, it's very Marmite on the review front. I like it, brightens up my weekend.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
Started watching Stranger Things. The first episode is very good, and Winona Ryder is still fit.

I'm clucking for series 2. My only criticism of the first series was that it felt a tad rushed towards the end.

And yes Wub
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 17 of 62