Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they're all standalone so you can watch them in whatever order you want... uber refreshing compared to I dunno Marvel. I watched San Junipero again, I believe the episode won awards.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the White Christmas special extended episode the other day - with the guy out of Mad Men in it. That bloke is such a great actor - not that he was doing much...in fact the whole thing could've been quite easily translated into a play for radio. Anyway yeah it was pretty good. I got the feeling they had a short-list of five possible endings - and then thought sod it, and went with them all. But it was decent sci-fi.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:03 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those playing along at home, I rinsed and spat with Waterworld. It seemed idiomatically appropriate.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick note 6/10, 1 series to date.

Harry potter's ginger mate gets told he has cancer, Dr (fat guy from Sean of the dead) turns out to be incompetent, no cancer. Ginger plays the pretend cancer angle for the hunnies and much sympathy, then bad stuff happens.

It's in the grey zone between good and shite.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh ohhhhh ... Netflix is showing me some clips of something called MINDHUNTER. Looks right up my street.

Best get the rest of season 2 of THE CROWN watched and out of the way, then.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
For those playing along at home, I rinsed and spat with Waterworld. It seemed idiomatically appropriate.

Connotations of Kevin Costner and dentist chairs. Feel like I'm not quite connecting the dots somehow. Confused

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:20 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Uh ohhhhh ... Netflix is showing me some clips of something called MINDHUNTER. Looks right up my street.

It starts verrrrry slowly, I nearly apathy-quit. I'm glad I stuck with it though, it's well paced and builds up nicely.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, thanx for clearing that up!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:13 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I instruct BCF to skip Black Mirror S3E2 "Playtest", on the basis that it's hackneyed and wank. Poor bloody show, Brooker. Tut Tut

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I instruct BCF to skip Black Mirror S3E2 "Playtest", on the basis that it's hackneyed and wank. Poor bloody show, Brooker. Tut Tut

Aw. Crying or Very sad I was looking forward to that.

I've binned Under the Dome after episode 1 or 2 of series 2, not sure now.

Just started series 3 of the Tunnel. It's vaguely engaging so far.

What's the deal with Walking Dead? Episode 9 not on Now TV yet, or do they do that "mid season break" crapola?

Bit bored with what's about now, tried to watch through the X Files again, got 3 episodes in, but not feeling the love anymore.

Vikings series 5 I quite like.

Bit stumped what to watch really, brief visit to Royston Vasey this evening, of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

spnorm
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:46 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d highly recommend Godless on Netflix if you enjoy Westerns Thumbs Up One of the best shows I’ve seen recently and Geoff Daniels is excellent as the leader of the bad guys

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Back to Black Mirror. It's like a concentrated stock cube of glorious flavours: I can only nibble on it in small doses.

It's rare to find something that's so carefully written, cast, acted, shot, scored and paced that it gives emotion time to bubble up from your gut rather than forcing faux superficiality down your throat.

But S3 E1, Nosedive, had me smiling, cringing and then crying getting dust in my eye in a money shot of raw visceral joy. Would ☆☆☆☆☆ again.

Agreed, the wife and I are currently savouring these - we watched Nosedive last week (fantastic), S3E2 (Playtest) beckons...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:47 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Agreed, the wife and I are currently savouring these - we watched Nosedive last week (fantastic), S3E2 (Playtest) beckons...

I'd skip it. It's way below the quality of everything up to that point, it barely felt like a Black Mirror episode. There are some clever bits, but they're swamped by the shouting arm-wavey hipster prick that they mis-cast as the lead. The premise isn't that clever either, it's just building up to a payoff that left me Rolling Eyes-ing rather than Dance!-ing like Nosedive.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
What's the deal with Walking Dead? Episode 9 not on Now TV yet, or do they do that "mid season break" crapola?

They do.

Rogerborg wrote:
goto10 wrote:

I'd skip it. It's way below the quality of everything up to that point, it barely felt like a Black Mirror episode. There are some clever bits, but they're swamped by the shouting arm-wavey hipster prick that they mis-cast as the lead. The premise isn't that clever either, it's just building up to a payoff that left me Rolling Eyes-ing rather than Dance!-ing like Nosedive.

Wait until you see episode 4 then, it's hollywood movie quality. That was one of my few criticisms, that some of the episodes felt very different* (in terms of budget/production).

Anyhoo just realised series 4 comes out on the 29th. I see another netflix trial being activated Thumbs Up

*Brooker actually explained this, basically when you spunk your budget on 'exciting' episodes you have to make savings elsewhere. That's why in the walking dead they typically have half a season of dross then the shit hits the fan.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:44 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Wait until you see episode 4 then, it's hollywood movie quality.

I don't know if that's praise or criticism. Big ideas don't necessarily need big budgets - look at The Entire History of You.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished the first series of Daredevil... I really enjoyed it. Not sure what to do about series 2, I watched another episode (so I'm about halfway through) and it's exceptionally meh.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09kcx6c/the-league-of-gentlemen-anniversary-specials-1-return-to-royston-vasey - 3 part special Thumbs Up

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09kcx6c/the-league-of-gentlemen-anniversary-specials-1-return-to-royston-vasey - 3 part special Thumbs Up
Cheers Thumbs Up didn't realise there was a revival of it.

Decent compared to the originals?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
Decent compared to the originals?

Yeah I enjoyed them.

Thunderchild
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:18 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Man in The High Castle, well worth watching. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)

Also Hell on Wheels is pretty good. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_on_Wheels_(TV_series)

Ripper Street is another one of my favorites. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripper_Street

Also +1 for Into The Badlands, a bit odd but still good
2009 Honda CBF125 (10000 miles, sold), 2010 Triumph Street Triple (48000 miles, sold), 2014 Ducati Monster 821 (4000 miles, sold - shit), 2014 Honda VFR800F (26000 miles, deaded - lorry), 2013 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 SE (3000 miles, current)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:46 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderchild wrote:
Can't believe no-one's mentioned Man in The High Castle

Rogerborg wrote:
G wrote:
"The Man in the high castle"

Didn't make it to the end of episode one. Way too much "We must free Murca to be free like the freedoms of our free Murcan fathers. Also, justice. And freedom." Sick

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 03:23 - 23 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Future man - almost up there with Dirk Gently I'd say.

Which Dirk Gently, US or UK version.
Future man hasn't been to bad it is fun to watch.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:40 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Back to Black Mirror. It's like a concentrated stock cube of glorious flavours: I can only nibble on it in small doses.

It's rare to find something that's so carefully written, cast, acted, shot, scored and paced that it gives emotion time to bubble up from your gut rather than forcing faux superficiality down your throat.

But S3 E1, Nosedive, had me smiling, cringing and then crying getting dust in my eye in a money shot of raw visceral joy. Would ☆☆☆☆☆ again.

Worth watching just for the performance of BDH, who is utterly gorgeous with it. As you say, 5 stars.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:50 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:

Which Dirk Gently, US or UK version.

The current new series - I presume you're referring to that as US version, rather than their being a separate UK version of this new series.

Also just been watching Rick and Morty - well worth a watch for sci-fi ish geeks - a definitely 'adult' cartoon in the theme of bad Grandpa does sci-fi.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:54 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Rick and Morty - well worth a watch for sci-fi ish geeks - a definitely 'adult' cartoon in the theme of bad Grandpa does sci-fi.

The constant Sick put me off.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 23 of 62