Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Uh ohhhhh ... Netflix is showing me some clips of something called MINDHUNTER. Looks right up my street.

It starts verrrrry slowly, I nearly apathy-quit. I'm glad I stuck with it though, it's well paced and builds up nicely.

Conversely I found myself hooked from halfway through Episode 1.
I think I'm up to Episode 5, can't remember, fell asleep around 4am this morning and it was still going.

Well into it now ... Rolling Eyes Laughing Dance!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Should have watched more DM Crying or Very sad

I did today, ok only two episodes in so I should probably hold my judgement, but they've already revisited a number of ideas they've done before Neutral The production values seem like the higher end of last series though, I wonder if we'll get any low budget British ones thrown in Thinking

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 31 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since just before Christmas I've been binge watching Supernatural in my spare time.... I just started season 7 today Embarassed

From the first episode I noticed a lot of similarities between this and the X files, which is probably why I am hooked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
G wrote:
Often being quite busy I prefer dubbed, so that I can be doing other things (like posting on BCF Razz ).

Can't stand dubbed films, you lose all the emotion of the actors. Anyway being a Kodi w&nker most of the time I muddle through foreign bits in films trying to get the jist of what they're saying.

Dude, Kodi supports subtitles!

For many years I've been meaning to start watching The Wire.
Well I've started, and it looks good.

I'm sure most of the posts in here will help you all with this.
https://quiz.ifour.co.uk/#

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive started Peep Show again from the beginning. I had forgotten how awkward it was! I'm just about finish series 2. Then I am going to start Vikings as its been on my watchlist on Amazon Prime for quite some time.

Is Mr Robot worth it?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:

Is Mr Robot worth it?

I have given that one up, after 2 seasons, started with promise, some of the hacking stuff looks realistic when compared to other crap that's shown but (without trying to spoil it) the whole "is this really happening" thing with the main character pisses me off.

It's like Ally McBeal but based on computer nerds instead of lawyers, where the main character is a whiny dweeb, and you only stayed watching it for the other characters.

Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Narcos, IT crowd, Walking Dead, Black Mirror and I'm Alan Partridge are all much better ways to waste your life on than Mr Robot.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
M.C wrote:

Can't stand dubbed films, you lose all the emotion of the actors. Anyway being a Kodi w&nker most of the time I muddle through foreign bits in films trying to get the jist of what they're saying.

Dude, Kodi supports subtitles!

I know Razz It's just for short bits of 'foreign' it's not worth finding them, then rewinding/turning the subtitles on/off. I've noticed films/series seem to summarising foreign language bits anyway, I guess for people who can't (be arsed to) read.

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
waffles wrote:

Is Mr Robot worth it?

I have given that one up, after 2 seasons, started with promise, some of the hacking stuff looks realistic when compared to other crap that's shown but (without trying to spoil it) the whole "is this really happening" thing with the main character pisses me off.

I'd definitely say season 1's worth watching, you're right about season 2, although season 3 went back to 'normal' but ended in an odd way. Amazon have been their wrecking shows lately by going OTT with SJW stuff.

They made a shorter final season of Red Oaks and made it all about interracial couples and homosexuality, which it had elements of before, they just remembered the rest of the show. Same with Mr Robot, lots of social commentary, and it was as if Sam Esmail was using the end of the show as a showcase to show he can do movies (even though they're getting a 4th series), which didn't really fit with the rest of the series. And the story seems to be stuck in a loop.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Mindhunter Season 1, can't wait for season 2 Cool

Just started The Good Wife. Must have started in ages ago, looks like I got halfway through S1E4, but am starting from scratch again to remind myself.

That senior partner's nose job! Incredible. When she breathes in, how does half the unsecured office paperwork not get sucked up those two massive holes? Imagine what happens when she sneezes. Shocked

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
waffles wrote:

Is Mr Robot worth it?

+1 on that. As I was nearing the end of series 1, I was thinking, "you know what, if 'X' happens, I am so out of here" (where "X" did indeed turn out to be the big end-of series reveal). Binned it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK change of plan, am starting AMERICAN GOTHIC* on Amazon Prime. I think its a one-series wonder.

But first ...! Work. I must re-apply my nose to the grindstone so that I can sit around in my dressing gown all morning doing catch-up.

*Not the spooky one from the 90s, with the freaky kid - although that should probably end up on my must-revisit list, as I remember having a bit of a thing about that as well.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
OK change of plan, am starting AMERICAN GOTHIC* on Amazon Prime. I think its a one-series wonder.

You don't half watch some tripe.

No offence but your watched list is like a list of what to avoid.

I suppose it takes allsorts, and taste is subjective, but at least watch something half decent before the apocalypse.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll give series 1 of Mr Robot a go and ignore the rest. Shame as the promo stuff made it look really interesting.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:33 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
M.C wrote:
Should have watched more DM Crying or Very sad

I did today, ok only two episodes in so I should probably hold my judgement, but they've already revisited a number of ideas they've done before Neutral The production values seem like the higher end of last series though, I wonder if we'll get any low budget British ones thrown in Thinking

Nope they don't, all of the episodes are 'big' budget, but I don't think the writing's as good. Rehashed ideas and they were fairly predictable. I really liked Metalhead (episode 5) but they fudged a few episodes trying to promote their SJW agenda. I'm disappointed Brooker, and I'm disappointed they've f**ked up another Sci-Fi show I like Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:33 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
You don't half watch some tripe.

No offence but your watched list is like a list of what to avoid.

I suppose it takes allsorts, and taste is subjective, but at least watch something half decent before the apocalypse.

Seeing as how all I am doing is stating what I am watching, and not actually recommending anybody else watch them, NO OFFENCE but ... how about you fuck off with your opinion.

When I want it I'll ask for it.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:48 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

I just watched Firefly. Belatedly. So stupidly belatedly.

It's not just my new favourite telly programme, it's my new favourite damn thing. Maybe ever.

Dat writing.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:35 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumours persist of a reboot, but the verse doesn't align like that too often. Maybe better to just leave it as a perfect one off.

Did we mention Castle? I'll mention Castle. Very likeable, with a guest cast of... pretty much everyone who was in that one thing that one time. The Septic version of Midsomer Murders.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
how about you fuck off with your opinion.

If you dont want people to comment on your posts, maybe you should rethink placing them on a public forum.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching..

The Punisher

https://i.gadgets360cdn.com/large/punisher_machine_gun_1509086018740.jpg

I loved it. Not seen any other Marvel tv shows yet but this really hit the spot. Great casting for Frank Castle.

Just started watching Daredevil... not sure what I think yet but it seems ok so far. Guy from the Mighty Ducks is in it (Elden Hensen) not too convinced with his acting skills.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
hellkat wrote:
how about you fuck off with your opinion.

If you dont want people to comment on your posts, maybe you should rethink placing them on a public forum.

If you dont like being told to fuck off maybe you should grow a pair.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I don't quite see your point posting and telling everyone what you are watching, if it is purely for us to look at. If that's the case then maybe start a blog?
This is a public forum, where you post and people respond.
If you don't like that people might disagree with you, maybe it's you that should fuck off.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather stay and piss you off.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:50 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

This is a public forum, where you post and people respond.
If you don't like that people might disagree with you, maybe it's you that should fuck off.

You really are an EPIC level tw*t aren't you? It's possible to disagree with someone without the toxic level of distain that is dripping from your posts. Sometimes if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:28 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People talk about the dangers of 'Social Meeja' and stuff on the news, but the TRUE danger of 'Social Meeja' is not one that is commonly mentioned.

The danger is that people seem to think that their opinion is important.

It's like when someone posts a picture of something on Facebook, and some people like it, some people hate it, some people will criticize it, but others will actually criticize everything around it, the setting, the camera settings, the background, the font used for comments... f*cking everything. It doesn't matter.

It Doesn't Matter!

We come on forums to have a bit of a laugh, and get away from the offline world for a moment, not to have everything criticised in a pointless way with no decent argument or analysis.

This thread is about TV show box sets and what individuals like. What is the benefit of a blanket comment saying one persons choices are bad?

I may as well come on here and say all TV is @rse, and movies are all terrible, forums are sh*te, the written word is f*cking pointless and the internet is full of dullards. Not only that, Humanity is a waste of skin, and anyone who disagrees with me is no better than a pulsating boil on the sphincter of a non existent deity.

/rant

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Pjay wrote:

FFS get a room you two x
Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Wow.

I just watched Firefly. Belatedly. So stupidly belatedly.

It's not just my new favourite telly programme, it's my new favourite damn thing. Maybe ever.

Dat writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cyIT9eUew Laughing I liked Serenity but didn't really take to Firefly for some reason.

Bubbs wrote:
Just finished watching..

The Punisher

https://i.gadgets360cdn.com/large/punisher_machine_gun_1509086018740.jpg

I loved it. Not seen any other Marvel tv shows yet but this really hit the spot. Great casting for Frank Castle.

Just started watching Daredevil... not sure what I think yet but it seems ok so far. Guy from the Mighty Ducks is in it (Elden Hensen) not too convinced with his acting skills.

From the beginning? I watched the Punisher, then started Daredevil Season 2 (for moar Punisher), but found it meh. Then I watched Daredevil season 1 and really enjoyed it, tried to go back to season 2 but nope didn't enjoy it Confused I did find Henson annoying.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 25 of 62