Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done "Baron Noir" - its a French one but it sounds quite cool. President = Woman, French, Young.

Got to be a bitch.

Might be worth battling the subtitles for.
Thinking

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:32 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost in Space - (Netflix 2018)

Well, I'm watching it. Decently made, fairly straightforward. They're in space, they're lost marooned, there's a robot, Danger Will Robinson.

The casting is intruiging. Toby Stephens, Captain McAnguish from Black Sails, who I don't rate at all, but is a safe enough choice. Molly Parker, who you may remember from Deadwood or as Congresswoman Naughtypants from House of Cards. Nice voice, but she's knocking on a bit. Parker Posey, also supperanuated, does a reasonable turn as a manipulative Dr Smith. A forgettable gaggle of Robinsons Jnr pad it out, including a Blackmerican teen wonder-doctor, because of course.

It's not bad, and they keep it rolling along, I'm just not sure what the point of it is. Some unnecessary bullshit means it's not strictly family viewing, but it's not adult enough for adults. The lack of any 20-40 female totty is a peculiar choice, and I'm not sure the MILFs and jailbait can really carry it.

But I'm still watching... Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought it was just a Lost in Space movie.
A series? Many awesomeness.
Anything that brings the younger generation back to knowing what "Danger Will Robinson" means, is okay by me.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bit of a secret girlhood crush on the father in the original.
That manly chest!
The other one was too flashy, too "Tony Curtis" (well I was only 9 or 10)
I still have a small smug, weak and cowardly piece of emotional real estate that will be Forever Zachary Smith

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I will stick to the originals, I hate modern remakes of classics, especially muilti grillion dollar budget shows.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father Ted

Went through it again, still a great laugh. Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:13 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The City and the City is available in it's entirety on iplayer - initially I felt it didn't do the justice (especially the British accents etc), but as it progressed I appreciated the translation and felt that actually it did convey the feel of it very well.

Deep State: Kinda along the lines of the first Taken/Shooter series, but a British agent in middle eastern espionage. Well produced so far; worth a watch.

Rogerborg wrote:
The lack of any 20-40 female totty is a peculiar choice,

The other one (who maybe 'identifies' as their kid?) is 23; so I think perving is allowed? Or not perving. Or something.

The first episode seemed pretty dreadful to me - 3rd and 4th got a bit better; accepting it's something intended to be formulaic and cliched.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Is it meant to be incredibly corny? Nearly turned the first one off half way through, but gave it a few episodes... wish I hadn't. It's like watching an ongoing domestic between a family with Aspergers.

Thankfully Bosch season 4 is out.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I whistled through series 1 on the Path, watching series 2 now,

though im one and a bit episodes in and losing interest

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:32 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Well, I'm watching it. Decently made, fairly straightforward. They're in space, they're lost marooned, there's a robot, Danger Will Robinson.

The casting is intruiging. Toby Stephens, Captain McAnguish from Black Sails, who I don't rate at all, but is a safe enough choice. Molly Parker, who you may remember from Deadwood or as Congresswoman Naughtypants from House of Cards. Nice voice, but she's knocking on a bit. Parker Posey, also supperanuated, does a reasonable turn as a manipulative Dr Smith. A forgettable gaggle of Robinsons Jnr pad it out, including a Blackmerican teen wonder-doctor, because of course.

It's not bad, and they keep it rolling along, I'm just not sure what the point of it is. Some unnecessary bullshit means it's not strictly family viewing, but it's not adult enough for adults. The lack of any 20-40 female totty is a peculiar choice, and I'm not sure the MILFs and jailbait can really carry it.

But I'm still watching... Thinking

Parker Posey? Is that a name or a children's piss take. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
A forgettable gaggle of Robinsons Jnr pad it out, including a Blackmerican teen wonder-doctor, because of course.

Just out of curiosity, do they go into the back story of how she joined the family? I nearly died of shock at the start when they went round the family and it was whitey mum, whitey dad, whitey son, whitey daughter... holy shit are they going to have a white family on TV in 2018 Shocked

...then they got to the fifth member Very Happy

I guess the original didn't reflect the lack of diversity in most of the US and also the cock/minge ratio was slightly off:

https://www.davidreneke.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Lost-Banner.jpg

M.C wrote:
Thankfully Bosch season 4 is out.

Told myself I wouldn't binge... I did Embarassed I was a bit concerned when I saw the BLM storyline in the trailer, but it was actually done really well Thumbs Up

Also Fear The Walking Dead has started again (season 4), looks like they're going for a full crossover series this time.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked both of the Wolf Creek films so I might give the series a go. Please tell me it has the same guy *checks* it does Dance!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:20 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Just out of curiosity, do they go into the back story of how [Blackmerican daughter] joined the family?

Mrs Robinson dun git her someself nastay-nastay before she settled down and started preserving the race.

Which makes Mr Robinson a beta cuck - you don't work to raise another man's get. Tut Tut

Also, where's Blackdad? Did they just... an absent black father? Surely not! Shocked

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Mrs Robinson dun git her someself nastay-nastay before she settled down and started preserving the race.

Which makes Mr Robinson a beta cuck - you don't work to raise another man's get. Tut Tut

Also, where's Blackdad? Did they just... an absent black father? Surely not! Shocked

Dad died taking a bullet for the president I assume

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:33 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
Just out of curiosity, do they go into the back story of how [Blackmerican daughter] joined the family?

Well, after your glowing testimonial I watched the first episode last night. Neutral

Is it a robot or an alien?
Why didn't little black girl die in the ice and save us all from her pomposity?
Where is the decent totty?
I hope 'Doctor Smith' is an improvement so I can root for her.

Spartacus it certainly isn't!!!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:03 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a robot-alien; because diversity; beats me; kind of.

It's a weird one. The budget is there, the acting talent is there, and it feels like there was a better version struggling to get out if they'd picked either Grimdark or Noblebright and stuck with a tone.

But it's not better, it's strictly adequate. No panache. Time-cards stamped, everyone gets union rates, and that's a wrap.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

6/10 - Santa Clarita diet (Netflix)

Watched it with the wife. It's more her sort of thing than mine but it's not as bad as reading the synopsis would have you believe. It's a mix of desperate housewives and Z nation, starring the girl kid from ET.

Some funny moments, lots of terrible acting. Temper your expectations and convince the Mrs you are watching it for her benefit and it is ok.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:56 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
It's a robot-alien; because diversity; beats me; kind of.

https://i.imgur.com/8CXigqm.mp4

It's the damn robot aliens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not settled to anything (again) and haven't finished any of the last few things I mentioned.

Although I have managed to finally watch the last three episodes of the last season of Better Call Saul.

I'd still be on Simple Minds, but I don't have Sky and I can't be arsed fiddle-arsing around on cheap websites that will give me computer AIDS.

So I've started to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events.
And what a very silly thing it is.
But it has its amusing moments.
Its snide blatancy tickles my funny bone.
But not to forget its slapstick element, which has been part of my life, just forever, I keep expecting there to be a horn-parp and a badoom tish at any moment. It has a modern leaning towards The Marx Brothers.
So I shall stick with it for this evening,

Soon I will tire of its extremely contrived aspect and self-congratulatory Hollywood writers' in-jokes. I expect it to disintegrate into a string of Austin Powers style human cartoons any time soon.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'd still be on Simple Minds, but I don't have Sky and I can't be arsed fiddle-arsing around on cheap websites that will give me computer AIDS.

Ko...di.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:56 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'd still be on Simple Minds, but I don't have Sky and I can't be arsed fiddle-arsing around on cheap websites that will give me computer AIDS

https://flixtor.to/

No popups/click away ads, easy to search/navigate.

Pretty much how online streaming should be.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:19 - 24 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a brilliant series on Netflix (one month free trial, yo).

The Defiant Ones.
It is a four part documentary. I started watching it because the ads looked like a Dr Dre / Eminem doc. Turns out that it is about Dr Dre from NWA to now, and Jimmy Iovine from being a Studio Engineer to now, and it covers lots including the meeting of the two.

Well worth a watch if you like music. I was hooked.

Started back on The Good Place (Netflix) because I loved it first time around, but they hadn't released the last couple of eps. Started from scratch cos the mrs loves a good comedy (hey, she married me... right??!?), and she is really digging it. Kristen Bell is really good in this, Ted Danson shines and there are some really good episodes. Also, highly rated on Netflix, and for good reason.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 24 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
I watched a brilliant series on Netflix (one month free trial, yo).

The Defiant Ones.
It is a four part documentary. I started watching it because the ads looked like a Dr Dre / Eminem doc. Turns out that it is about Dr Dre from NWA to now, and Jimmy Iovine from being a Studio Engineer to now, and it covers lots including the meeting of the two.

Interesting. I enjoyed the NWA film but when they showed clips at the end of Dre post-NWA (with 2pac/Eminem) I thought that's the film I wanted to see, with NWA being a bit before my time.

M.C wrote:
I liked both of the Wolf Creek films so I might give the series a go. Please tell me it has the same guy *checks* it does Dance!

I have been giving it a go. I'm half-way through the first series, and it's not as good as the films. It doesn't have the same impact, and some of the acting/story seems a bit shit. I might give it another episode (or not).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:22 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Jessica Jones S2
I don't really know what to say because I wanted to enjoy it more than I did. I will still go back for more, if there's another series, but it wasn't as fulfilling as the first.

It's... instructive as to how far you can skimp on fulfilling a premise.

The deliberate lack of a traditional antagonist is courageous.

However, there's a reason for that tradition.

If it were made to the standard of Breaking Bad, the interactions and conflict between the various protagonists would be compelling.

But they punked out on the budget, the writing and the cinematography. They put all the talent in front of the camera, but they needed more writers at the table, more pedants in the editing booth, and more shitlords calling for another take.

C+, Krysten Ritter's nostrils deserve better.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 30 of 61