Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mirror

Just started watching this, one episode in, loving it so far.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate SG1 - Season 7 that I ripped at the weekend.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Black Mirror

Just started watching this, one episode in, loving it so far.

It's brilliant. I binged the whole lot in a weekend.

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:44 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Narcos on Netflix

Its definitley worth a watch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:19 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Brooklyn Nine-Nine had 5 series apparently (god knows how Eh?):

After hearing the office SJW raving about it, I thot I'd give it a try.

MAIN CAST:
Tough, gay African-American man
Tough, hot African-American man
Tough, hot Latina
Smart, hot Latina
Smart, wordy Jewess
Smart, wordy Jew
Weak, clumsy, timid, ineffectual Caucasian man

It's OK, they balance it out with some supporting cast:
Fat, weak, timid, ineffectual Caucasian man
Fat, lazy, weak, timid, ineffectual Caucasian man

It's about as subtle as a Gendarme baton probe.

Collect one Caucasian Guilt Token per episode endured.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 31 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most go back to Black Mirror, not seen them all.

Watched 2 series of inside number 9. Bit hit and miss, but one of them was very funny, the silent movie with the burglars.

Just started with Hap and Leonard, so far - so promising, but.... can't help thinking it's a pastiche of better things I've already watched.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I get over the shock of clicking on last post wins, instead of tv box sets Shocked

I'm watching Eureka. Looks okay, so far. Though Ive lost count of us shows that looked okay so far that I quit after a few episodes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better call Saul is back. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a good starter box set for someone that walked away after Sopranos/SOA/Walking dead, and tried but failed with breaking bad. I used to watch Wentworth prison but I've missed most of season 3-4 and am not sure it's worth picking back up? It's probably a laziness thing to an extent.

I only watch Documentaries, Reality shows about trucking/logging/shipping etc and films now.
Occasionally I'll watch a 2-3part drama, and think maybe I need to expand my viewing a bit more mainstream and to what others at work watch?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched and recommend:
Breaking bad (best ever)
Better call Saul
Spartacus (takes some getting in to)
Ray Donovan
Game of Thrones

Totally agree about Black Mirror too. They did a Christmas special which was really watchable. You could 'block' people in real life lol

Currently watching
The Crown
Britannia
Stranger Things

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, does anyone know a free MKV - MP4 converter.
My downstairs TV doesn't always recognise MKV's which is annoying

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Dietland, right up BCF's strasse.

"The series explores a multitude of issues women face today -- including patriarchy, misogyny, rape culture and unrealistic beauty standards -- by following Plum Kettle's journey to self-awakening.

A ghostwriter for the editor of one of New York's hottest fashion magazines, Plum has waged a lifelong battle with her image. Fed up, she turns to weight-loss surgery but ends up in the middle of two rival feminist factions -- one that may be responsible for the attacks on male harassers, and the other that preaches female empowerment."

Actually it's really quite good

Thinking Thinking

Series completed now. Ignore anything I may have said earlier. If the woman in your life is tempted, stop her. It'll be 10 hours she'll never get back. Time would be better spend rearranging her bra drawer.

UTTER BILGE

Sick

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Also, does anyone know a free MKV - MP4 converter.
My downstairs TV doesn't always recognise MKV's which is annoying

Raspberry Pi3 (KODI). Thumbs Up

1080p video playback, whatever format, + it makes no noise and the power consumption is less than 2W or so. It won't do 4K, if that's what you want. I gave Pi3 B to my father, with KODI and Raspbian, and he uses it to surf the internet and watch stuff on his living room Tv. Works great, for the cost. It's also very well supported computer, so you don't have to be a Linux wizard to operate the machine.

*It can do more than just video playback. #retropie
*KODI can read data from NAS (+other devices) and the USB 2.0 bandwidth is alright for external HDDs and flash drives to directly play a 1080p video file of them.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 20:08 - 07 Aug 2018; edited 2 times in total

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good starter box set for someone that walked away after Sopranos/SOA/Walking dead, and tried but failed with breaking bad. I used to watch Wentworth prison but I've missed most of season 3-4 and am not sure it's worth picking back up? It's probably a laziness thing to an extent.

I only watch Documentaries, Reality shows about trucking/logging/shipping etc and films now.
Occasionally I'll watch a 2-3part drama, and think maybe I need to expand my viewing a bit more mainstream and to what others at work watch?

The Shield and The Wire might be worth a dekko. I would certainly rate both a fair bit higher than SOA, which I thought was largely bollocks.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wonders how the Czech is getting on with the sweary black cop in Dexter these days...*

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had a proper girl-crush on Dexter's sister. What a potty mouth!
Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, just went through the very short but not at all bad mini-series sorta thing, called Patrick Melrose. *5 episodes*

Posh Chelsea git has a stressful childhood and ends up taking ridiculous amounts of drugs in an assortment of comfortable environments, and somehow still manages to stay posh.

Benedict Cumberbatch.
Brilliant.

I actually found some of his states of paranoia/anger/confusion quite disturbing.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:41 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several episodes in to Tokyo Vampire Hotel. Truly nuts Japanese stuff. Im enjoying it.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Prisoner Cell Block H Thumbs Up Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and Tenko.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:51 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
*wonders how the Czech is getting on with the sweary black cop in Dexter these days...*

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had a proper girl-crush on Dexter's sister. What a potty mouth!
Wub

The ''black cop'' is long gone now, unless he makes a ''surprise motherfecker'' come back. Laughing

I had not much time to carry on watching the series, I stopped near the end of the 3rd. season. I'm going to get back to it, eventually.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Maybe you just don't like TV? Which is not a bad thing. This might be sacrilege to say in this thread but how about reading a book?

It is a shame that there aren't many two or three part dramas these days. Box sets can be a bit of a commitment and if you do get into something it will often get cancelled.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:10 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
Brooklyn Nine-Nine had 5 series apparently (god knows how Eh?):

After hearing the office SJW raving about it, I thot I'd give it a try.

MAIN CAST:
Tough, gay African-American man
Tough, hot African-American man
Tough, hot Latina
Smart, hot Latina
Smart, wordy Jewess
Smart, wordy Jew
Weak, clumsy, timid, ineffectual Caucasian man

It's OK, they balance it out with some supporting cast:
Fat, weak, timid, ineffectual Caucasian man
Fat, lazy, weak, timid, ineffectual Caucasian man

It's about as subtle as a Gendarme baton probe.

Collect one Caucasian Guilt Token per episode endured.

Blimey i thought it was just a sit com.

I was actually quite hacked off to discover that The Last Man on Earth was axed in favour of Broolyn Nine Nine. I know TLMoE wasn't everyones cup of tea but it subtly ripped the micturation out of other post apocalypse dramas especially the utterly dire Fear the Walking Dead.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I was actually quite hacked off to discover that The Last Man on Earth was axed in favour of Broolyn Nine Nine. I know TLMoE wasn't everyones cup of tea but it subtly ripped the micturation out of other post apocalypse dramas especially the utterly dire Fear the Walking Dead.

They did what?! Shocked

Brooklyn 99 got sloppy and repetitive. Which happens to many long term tv series shows. I think it's the ''endless'' format, that kills the shows and not many tv shows with such format held their quality till the end. Also, I used to like Samberg, now I can't watch anything with him, as he still blabbers about Die Hard and pushes his not so good N. Cage impressions onto the audience.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for a comedy show to last it has to track current affairs. Which given how safe networks play it just wont happen.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 33 of 61