Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha YBR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tomzo47
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:29 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Yamaha YBR 125 Reply with quote

Hey guys, im hopefully getting a bike within the next two or so weeks, and im looking at the yamaha YBR 125, the 2010 model, has anyone got one and if so what do you think of one? i learnt on a 43 year old Honda CD 175 on a car park so hopefully will be a bit easier to ride!
Cheers Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binaryferret
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2009 YBR 125 Custom. I only have the Chinese bikes to compare against that I did the CBT on, and it's alot easy to handle, is comfortable along with doing good mileage. I do 35 miles each way to work (Have done this route for a week) and is done easily. I even got lost for 4 hours and was still a good ride albiet it a little sore on the bum after such a long ride.

For a first bike, cheap commuter and learner bike it's got everything I need, along with apparently being a work-horse so will ease me into the learning of maintenance and repair.

Great first bike, great cheap commuter. I'm not sure if this is just because of the Custom + my weight but it starts to struggle when around 60MPH and I can't see it exceeding that speed unless down a hill - my route doesn't permit much 50+ speeds but might be something to consider if you were hitting the motorways eventually.

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:59 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

I have a 2009 YBR125 and like binaryferret said it's easy to handle and comfortable and very forgiving when learning. Even my instructor liked it better than the CG's that the school had.

It's excellent on petrol - I did just over 100 miles on Saturday and only used half a tank. I've managed to get up to 80mph but that was when I was breaking the engine in Shocked however I would NOT recommend taking it on the motorway. Been there done that and wouldn't do it again. It makes one helluva hairy ride as it struggles to reach and maintain anything above 65 especially if you add to that the wind and car/trucks going by etc. When you're cruising at 50-60mph it feels smooth and handles well (mine doesn't right now as it's due for its annual service) especially if it has been taken care off.

I would recommend the bikes and am currently trying to figure out if I can still keep him when I upgrade Smile

mealies
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:06 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree, the ybr is a great bike - My 2009 ybr125 was brilliant , comfy and bulletproof.

It's perfect riding around town where i managed 110+ mpg but also capable of dealing with a roads. Never did take it down a motorway though i only ever managed 65mph on mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:31 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding mine on the M11 a few weeks ago was one of the scariest feelings ever. The whole time it felt like I was in the wrong gear Laughing I managed to get up to 68mph but I think that was on a slight downslope. Most of the time the throttle was pinned back and the fastest it would go was 65. I was on the A12 (NSL road) this weekend and it was struggling at 60-65 but that was into a bit of a headwind.

Despite all that it's a bloody good bike to learn on and for me it's a cherished first bike.

Diddylord
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:03 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2010 Black Ybr that I learned on and have just swapped onto a bigger bike purely because I now have a long commute and wanted something bigger to do it on. Having done the 22 mile commute which is a mix of lanes and main A roads the Ybr coped fine with it even the higher speed roads.

The ybr is a fantastic bike took me everywhere in comfort and I did my test on it without any problems.

mine is now for sale so if you are intrested drop me a pm and i'll happily send you some information about.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years, 34 days between these two posts...
Cavallo This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 03 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't get an answer immediately wen you posted elsewhere, so you drag up a 6 yr old thread?
Middle Finger
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1