BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike vs. Deer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:31 - 24 Feb 2004    Post subject: Bike vs. Deer Reply with quote

I saw this on another forum. Stupid deer Rolling Eyes . But a good clip with an important message at the end Thumbs Up . Enjoy.

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/graham.sykes80/deerwreck.wmv
Right click and select 'Save as' to save it or just click it to play it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
ilovens125f's This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating. Unhide this post / all posts.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 08 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny to a point, but then imagine that a car pulled out, or a small child ran out, then imagine that YOU were the rider...still funny?

I think this video just goes to show how vulnerable you can be on a bike, I bet he never even saw that deer until he was bouncing along the tarmac.

As the video says...leathers and lid will save your life, remember that next time you leave the leathers hanging up......

Stay safe people
Mark Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GFK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:54 - 19 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stupid deer
Its an animal. Do you seriously expect it to look both ways before it crosses a road?

Didn't find this the least bit funny.
Keith This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:00 - 19 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a good clip with a good point, thats why i posted it. I travel through country roads quite frequently and i've had a couple of close calls with deers myself, and watching a vid like this makes me take it a lot easier. Who would have thought such a little deer could throw you off your bike. Imagine what hitting a full size deer would do. I didn't post it for amusement purposes more educational.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 03:56 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I understand this video it may be very sick. But it does have a very important message for all of us at the end. If you did enjoy this well thats a bit inhumane in my opinion to say the least.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 17:55 - 20 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dean (Demonic69) has an interesting story about a bike/deer incident. Maybe he'll post it if he sees this.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:18 - 01 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS-Keith wrote:
OMFG!
that made me feel sick, poor deer.
sorry bikedude, but you must be somewhat wrong in the head if you watch vids like that.

and acidburnz, where is the humour in that?

Eh...where did I say there was humour in that?

I do believe that I was the one trying to shed a more serious light on the subject.

Get your facts straight Thumbs Down

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 21:29 - 01 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikedudextrm wrote:
Who would have thought such a little deer could throw you off your bike.

One time when I had to call my recovery people to come and fetch my bike cos it had broken down the driver told me about one of his last bike calls.

He'd been called out to pick up a bike from an accident, this guy had crashed on a corner and the driver (being a biker himself) couldn't understand why. Then he looked at the road and saw a squashed rabbit and looked at the tyres on the bike and also saw squashed rabbit.

Turns out that the biker had hit the rabbit as he was leant over and that had him off.

So its not just big animals that can bugger you up when you're riding.

Will
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:23 - 03 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
NS-Keith wrote:
OMFG!
that made me feel sick, poor deer.
sorry bikedude, but you must be somewhat wrong in the head if you watch vids like that.

and acidburnz, where is the humour in that?

Hi,

Well, here's where you found it funny AcIdBuRnZ.

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
Funny to a point

Perhaps you should read your own posts more carefully.

Cheers,

Will

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:46 - 05 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh Will - why then don't you have a go at the people who rated my post good and agreed with me?

I do believe that if you read the rest of my post you'll see that I see the more serious side to it - people wouldn't rate my post and agree with it otherwise would they now?

I say funny to a point, because if you saw a video of a wipeout\guys crashing while trying to do stunts etc don't BS and say you wouldn't laugh - you would - that's why they make DVD's full of crashes and why Men and Motors is still going!!!

Mark

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 02:00 - 05 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
and why Men and Motors is still going!!!

And here's me thinking it was because of the high quality of their scheduling! Shocked

Will
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:54 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
Eh Will - why then don't you have a go at the people who rated my post good and agreed with me?

I'm not having a go at the other people who rated your post badly because, I hope, their agreeing with the serious part to it.

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
I do believe that if you read the rest of my post you'll see that I see the more serious side to it - people wouldn't rate my post and agree with it otherwise would they now?

I 100% agree with you on the serious side to your post Thumbs Up But, their is a chance that the people who rated your post badly weren't referring to your funny side to it.

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
I say funny to a point, because if you saw a video of a wipeout\guys crashing while trying to do stunts etc don't BS and say you wouldn't laugh - you would - that's why they make DVD's full of crashes and why Men and Motors is still going!!!

I don't find videos of guys being wiped out/crashing even remotely funny Rolling Eyes and, no, I'm not talking "bs". And I buy bike dvd's for the excellent bikes and riders, not their inability to stay upright. Ditto for Men and Motors.

Cheers,

Will

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: video Reply with quote

What are you lot on about that was a good video??

Points out anything can happen and where protection??

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
Get your facts straight Thumbs Down
Mark

As pointed out in a previous post by Will,
Quote:
Funny to a point

there you go, the facts are straight.. Razz

what_stanger?
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:22 - 10 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't even see that deer coming!

we've got a road by me called 'deerpass'
and its very common to hit deer on it (cars usually)

i'll be watching Mr. Green

askew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:13 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww... That is seriously dirty. Made me crap myself too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1