Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


MOT Failed!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: MOT Failed! Reply with quote

Ow I ain't happy. NSR failed on:

Leaking front folk (though it wouldn't be too bad)
Rear break not engaging break light (I knew about this one)
Bad front tyre (also knew about this one)
F***ed rear shock (really didn't know about this)!

The tyre was delayed so that wouldn't have failed me, also the break light because it's a simple fix. But the front folk I though was ok (I do have the new seals though). The main prob is the rear shock. I thought it was fine. Gotta get one in the next 2 days! Gutting though because he said it was simply dangerous having the shock in that condition (no damping i.e. not springing back up). So plenty money's being spent! See the wanted section!

P.s. to make matters worse, I had to ride home in a blizard with the roads being UNsalted!
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant



Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm i'm not trying to make this sound too stupid but..... if you knew your bike had faults wouldn't it have been better to correct them before the mot. i'm no expert on mot's, but i would imagine a leaking front fork seal would be more than enough to fail it?? due to the fluid possibly leaking on the the tyre?
____________________
Bikes owned :- 2001 nsr125, 1999 zx6r, 2006 yzf-r1, 2009 xmax 250, 2012 yzf-r1, 2015 MT-07
Current bike : - 2016 MT-10
Crying or Very sad BCF member pops. sadly missed Crying or Very sad 1945-2003
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we talked about the tyre (myself and the MOT guy) and we said if all was ok, the tyre would get replaced next week and I'd have past (it was just going). As for the switch for the break light, he would have fixed that at minimal cost so no biggy. The folks, well I bought the seals and the problem stopped (for a while) haven't checked em (out of sight out of mind) so that IS my fault, but the rear shock was a erm... shock Confused
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things



Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zim has a rear shock for sale.
____________________
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:21 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Kev I'll give him a shout. Mcjamweasel has one too, which I've made an offer for.
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 11 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:57 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

..

Last edited by Irdawood the 2nd on 10:51 - 18 Mar 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things



Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:35 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have indicators on any bike above 50cc and and bike made after 1986 unless you only want a daytime MOT.

If your bike is pre 1986 and it has indicators fitted they must work.

Thanks.

Kev (your friendly MOT tester)
____________________
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your stiff clutch leaver will probibly be a rusted line near where it connects to the gear box. The one on my GSXR was really bad and I though it was pulled to tighty, but then it just snapped. Took it off and it was really bad, replaced it, and the leaver has been smooth ever since. Really simple thing to do to make life a lot easier.
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diehard wrote:
Really simple thing to do to make life a lot easier.


Even simpler than replacing would be general oiling of all the cables.
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 59.27 Kb