Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Theory - PASSED. MOD 1 - PASSED. MOD 2 - PASSED

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:12 - 11 Jul 2011    Post subject: Theory - PASSED. MOD 1 - PASSED. MOD 2 - PASSED Reply with quote

Well, I've finally decided to get my arse into gear before my 2nd CBT runs out in October. I've only managed to do 68miles on my RG since Oct '09 as it kept playing up so I parked it up and left it. Am in the process of fixing it up now but made my mind up to enter the big bike world.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good practice CD for the theory? I imagine it can't be that difficult but I would like to revise and pass first time, £31 a time is a bit of a joke when you fail![url][/url]
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures


Last edited by Josh|RD125LC on 17:44 - 23 Aug 2011; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lincolnshire Jock
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:25 - 12 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josh,

Mentioned this on another thread - did my theory a few weeks back and used The Official DSA Biker Pack.

It's a CD containing all the questions that you could be asked until Jan 12. Loads of content and ways to revise and test. Found it really useful.

Also comes with a "Better Biking" DVD which looks at all aspects of bikes from clothing, checks to key skills.

Got it from Amazon and think it was around the £10 mark.

Hope this is of use and good luck fella.
____________________
CBT: 21 May 11 | Theory: 15 Jun 11 | MOD 1: 23 Jun 11| MOD 2: 22 Jul 11| Honda CBR600F: 19 Nov 11 | 20 years ambition - SORTED!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Themightyimp
Crazy Courier



Joined: 24 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 12 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just passed my theory and used Driving test success all tests 2011 edition,it even covers the hazard perception test aswell,with plenty of videos for you to practice on.
Due to the disc I managed to get 50 out of 50 on the theory and 60 out 75 on hazard perception.I'd recommend that disc to anyone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:06 - 12 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above, I can't recommend using one of these DVD's enough. I found it very helpful. Even after passing my car theory well over a decade ago, the dvd's helped me out as some things are different on a bike - I would have quite easily got mistaken on minimum tire tread depth for instance. Get one of the dvd's and practice, you'll be fine. Good luck! Very Happy
____________________
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 13 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Themightyimp wrote:
I've just passed my theory and used Driving test success all tests 2011 edition,it even covers the hazard perception test aswell,with plenty of videos for you to practice on.
Due to the disc I managed to get 50 out of 50 on the theory and 60 out 75 on hazard perception.I'd recommend that disc to anyone.


Seen this on Amazon, does it have the motorcycle theory test and hazard perception on it?

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated Thumbs Up
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 09 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the good news is that I passed the theory test. Got loads of practice using the Driving Test Success DVD that was recommended Thumbs Up

Have now booked a DAS course, which starts on the 17th Aug, Mod 1 test on the 18th, and Mod 2 on the 23rd.

Now I'm abit nervous as I havent been on a bike in over a year, and even then I only covered 70 miles. I did ride a 50cc and 125cc from 2004-2006.

Does anybody feel like I'm jumping the gun? Im not unfamiliar with bikes, but it will be my first time on a 'big' bike. I've had a car licence for 5 years so I've got road sense, but obviously that doesn't count for half of it really!

Anybody passed their DAS with little riding experience at all? Can I pull it off?
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Caphel
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 10 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you can pull it off. Smile

The first time I even sat on a bike was on my CBT. Following my CBT I booked my theory and then booked a DAS course. All passed first time with no prior experience, although I have been driving a car for 10+ years which I am sure helped. All in all I would say it was a very enjoyable experience, obviously a few nerves before the Mod 1 and Mod 2, but once the test got underway the nerves all but disappeared.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jenny1985
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 10 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josh, I'm in the process of doing DAS right now and you can definitely do it. Im the same as Caphel in that the first time i sat on a bike was to do the CBT. And i wasn't good at all - nervous, unsteady, even fell off Embarassed That's the main reason i decided to do DAS, as i didn't trust myself on the road at all. So far I've had 2 days on the 500cc (so much easier to ride) and passed MOD 1. I have one more day of DAS booked and then MOD 2. I'm sure you'll be fine Very Happy Good luck
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:52 - 10 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the passing Jenny good going!

Thanks for the little boost there guys. I hope I can do it, I just tend to think the worst alot of the time instead of thinking that I might actually be ok! My first lesson on the 500 is next wednesday, Mod 1 is on the following day (thurs) and the Mod 2 is on the 23rd (tues) its slowly creeping up lol.
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jenny1985
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:58 - 11 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I do that too; think that's why I put off learning for so long. I'm sure once you get going again you'll be fine Very Happy

I have my Mod 2 on the 23d as well, at 14.07 - an oddly specific time, lol! I can't wait, im itching to get a bike and get started. Ive been waiting weeks already; my test centre is just so booked up. Hopefully Tuesday will be a lucky day for us.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:10 - 20 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing some good news here. I passed my Mod 1 first time on thursday just gone, really chuffed as it was belting down with rain and the test area was drenched. Even got told my emergency stop was excellent considering the conditions. So that gave me a big boost. Nearly screwed up on the familiarization bit, got a bit confused with the cone lay out and nearly hit the last blue cone! Managed to correct myself and finish the manouver though.

Mod 2 on Tuesday so fingers crossed that goes well too!
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

FerretFing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:14 - 20 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done....and GOOD LUCK Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:22 - 20 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Josh, fingers crossed for your MOD 2! Very Happy

I don't know about yourself, but out of the two Modules, It was the MOD 1 that I was worried about. Once the MOD 1 was out the way, I was fine.

Keep us posted on your progress!!! Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajbsmirnoff
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:54 - 20 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck mate. Mod2 is like riding with a satnav. Easy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luthien
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:54 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!...
Hope you bring us more good news this evening Smile
____________________
1979 Suzuki GP100
a.k.a Missus Killa
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:19 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good luck with your test today.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 23 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratz on the pass...... Very Happy Thumbs Up
____________________
Real bikers build their own Renovated and Riding a 1986 Honda CB125TD-C called the Pup. Full Licence
13/09/2012, 1994 Moto Guzzi 750 Strada
Can-Do Girl that does spanners TOO!
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnowTigeress wrote:
congratz on the pass...... Very Happy Thumbs Up


Do you know something we dont?
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 23 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:46 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
SnowTigeress wrote:
congratz on the pass...... Very Happy Thumbs Up


Do you know something we dont?


The title says hes passed his mod 2
____________________
Real bikers build their own Renovated and Riding a 1986 Honda CB125TD-C called the Pup. Full Licence
13/09/2012, 1994 Moto Guzzi 750 Strada
Can-Do Girl that does spanners TOO!
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 23 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:48 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
SnowTigeress wrote:
congratz on the pass...... Very Happy Thumbs Up


Do you know something we dont?


Oops Doh read the title wrong...............

Gets out of it I was congratz him on his mod 1Razz
____________________
Real bikers build their own Renovated and Riding a 1986 Honda CB125TD-C called the Pup. Full Licence
13/09/2012, 1994 Moto Guzzi 750 Strada
Can-Do Girl that does spanners TOO!
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly Tigress! Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well more good news, passed MOD 2 this morning with no minors! Extremely happy about this, I personally thought I rode a bit sloppy in placed but examiner thought the opposite and said it was a good tidy ride so who am I to complain!

Yeah I would agree that I was more nervous about the MOD 1 test. Not too sure why but on the day, it was MOD 1 that I felt more worried about.

Thanks to all for the good lucks, they obviously all gave me the luck I needed. Now time to enjoy my new toy I picked up on the weekend, Suzuki Bandit, W plate, so its the facelift and its the faired version. Very nice bike!
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ElliotReidMD
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen your join date, bout fucking time Laughing

Congrats mate, enjoy it Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:08 - 23 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Seen your join date, bout fucking time Laughing


Yeah tell me about it, that was back when I was 16 on a ped! I had a 125 for a year in 2005 then in 2006 I passed my driving test so hung up the helmet until now. Glad I decided to do my test, am loving being back on two wheels Very Happy
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.17 Sec - Server Load: 3.53 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 133.8 Kb