Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Finally got "laid up" insurance for my bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Finally got "laid up" insurance for my bike Reply with quote

It's been a long arsed,frustrating time trying to get some fire/theft/accidental damage for my new bandit.Couldn't get any of the big insurers to give me fire and theft cover as I don't have my full licence yet.
It's almost as if they didn't want my money or couldn't be arsed with it.
The company I finally got insured through is called Footman James and if anyone else needs this kind of cover you can contact them on 0845 4586790.

It was a bit higher than I'd hoped at £67 for 12 months but they say that they'll take my current policy into consideration when/if I transfer my policy to fully comp.

Feeling much happier knowing I'm covered just in case of act of scrote Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Finally got "laid up" insurance for my bike Reply with quote

Germ wrote:
Feeling much happier knowing I'm covered just in case of act of scrote Smile


You mean the DVLA fining you for not being SORN right? Laughing
____________________
Ted : "Maybe he's agoraphobic."
Dougal : "Jack scared of fighting? I don't think so, Ted."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike is SORN'ed for the next 12 months (did it the other day when I got my V5c forms back with a nice leaflet telling me that I was liable for a £100 fine even though it's stored in my garage and not being used as anything but an ornament atm Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

shooter
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 03 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem a few months ago. I even tried putting it on my home contents insurance, but they wouldn't have it. Don't know why they all have such a problem with it.

Did eventually find someone who would do it and got a quote of £70. My TPFT insurance is only £80 Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.39 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.47 Kb