Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2011 BCF Minimoto & Karting - 13th Nov - All welcome!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 View related event: 2011 BCF Minimoto and Karting (13 Nov) View previous topic : View next topic  

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 22:13 - 13 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day, and good to see some new faces as always. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 13 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great day and post-race syndrome set in. I quite fancied an evening blast through some select cotswolds roads, but I got stuck behind a twat on the A429 doing 40mph in the NSL - I had to let Chris750 past because he'd have a better chance of overtaking... which he did.

Worst bit of the day is now.. I have a splitting headache, and a purple calf from when a handlebar went straight into it when i highsided. Definitely should keep my antics on 4 wheels cos I had some brilliant ding dongs with half of the field carving my way up. Chuffed I made it to 6th for today's overall standings and having fastest lap on one of the sessions. - Go Birmingham Wheels centre if you want solely karting - it's outdoors, floodlit, has a 500m straight and laptimes of 1 minute. Sodi karts again, but not sure what displacement - good for 45-50mph.

I was driving home thinking - WHY IS MY STEERING LIGHT and WHAT IS UP with my pedals. I got to a clean stretch of twisties between cirencester and cheltenham (after overtaking some slowpokes) and got the Vtec singing and dancing on the civic!

Was nice to see the old clique again after all these years.. must have been streetfighters sunday 2005 the last time I saw most of you lot together!

Best comment of the day was Korn - "You should look at #14. Charities collect money for him!" I looked at his visor and there was a guy who was licking his face making brum brum noises!

Some of the spastic crashes were DIRE, launching a car perpendicular to the start finish straight and have it recoil back onto track!

My night is not over because I need to carry on racing - I need to complete my 6th season on Forza 4 and get me up to driver level 45!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 22:25 - 13 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn was there?

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 13 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, did you not realise? He wore the Off Road silver glittery helmet mate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chris750
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:44 - 13 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Good fun, high lights include, watching another group who the owner referred to as the worst he had ever seen.

They were hilarious, people were calling them "the smashers".

As they went around you would hear a loud bang every few seconds as another one hit the barrier at speed.

I have a really sore knee from my first crash (I had several) on the minimotos, I came off on the back corner leaving Colin nowhere to go but into me.
I really struggled to get my leg over my bike to ride home.

My minimoto stalled on the start grid so I stood and started it, then gave it a rev without thinking.
It flew forwards and as I had hold of the bars the back wheel went forward and up and nearly took out the person in front Embarassed

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 23:57 - 13 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Korn was there?

Shhh! You didn't see nuffink.

Laughing

Bloody good day, big thanks to G for putting it all together as usual. Thumbs Up

Was good to meet some new guys, and see some seriously old school ones again as well. Very Happy

Not had that much fun on a mini moto before now I don't think, really seemed to get into it, look forward to the next time.

Tit, you are loud sir. Laughing
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Last edited by WildGoose on 01:35 - 14 Nov 2011; edited 1 time in total

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris750 wrote:

My minimoto stalled on the start grid so I stood and started it, then gave it a rev without thinking.
It flew forwards and as I had hold of the bars the back wheel went forward and up and nearly took out the person in front Embarassed

Have to say it was absolutely hilarious to watch!

Thanks G for putting it all together!

That group were a complete nightmare though, were they any better after the bollocking.. *cough* briefing?

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

Serendipity
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly dull watching grainy footage of someone else being consistently overtaken, but in case you’re a glutton for punishment here’s the first of the minimoto sessions from today.

https://youtu.be/f3LIi0cAiLw

Taken on my little MD80 affixed to my helmet by a high tech substance I like to call Scotchtape.

I’ll see if I get time to upload the other two minimoto sessions over the next few days, no guarantees. Only got one and a bit sessions of the karts due to premature battery failure.

Hope to see some hi def footage from the GoPro that was going around.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:22 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta to all those that turned up Thumbs Up.

Yes, technically they are midimotos - minis are a couple of inches shorter and lower!

As every year, I think "must sort mine out and do it some more" Smile.

Chris-red kindly filmed the last karting race from the sidelines, will stick it up tomorrow.
Sorry it wasn't properly gridded - I took an appropriate punishment and started from the back! (They didn't want to do it as a race at all, because they were running out of time.)

Howling Terror wrote:

My £5 is on Phoenix to win.

I'll be collecting on that, now Wink.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:02 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the current trend is towards facial fuzz, marriage, responsibility, cars and Guy Martin style Mutton Chops. Perhaps we can blame some of it on Mo-Vember...?

Despite not being able to ride or drive karts, I'm still glad I went. Really good to catch up to the 'Old Skool' BCFers, but it is a little scary to think that next year will be the ten year anniversary of BikeChatForums! Next year I'll do my usual 'mobile chicane' thing and normal service will be resumed.

Twas a great day out! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:42 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to say - sorry for some slightly more, err, 'progress, making' overtakes in the final session of minimoto.

With a win in sight thanks to a decent power minimoto to make up for pie-related issues, prisoners could not be taken!
(Especially near the end; squeezing past someone down the main straight on the left, when there wasn't quite room, even with my knees in and a rather bargy-out braking manoeuvre in to the penultimate hair pin.)

Just uploading the karting video chris-red took of the final session - does anyone know if youtube downloads can be resumed these days, as in it's original format as I'm uploading it, it says over 10 hours, which is probably longer than I'm going to have this laptop on this internet connection. Edit - seems they can.

Also, note; if people got their deposits in earlier, we'd have a longer slot booked for us and less waiting around while kids got to crash about! Smile

Last edited by G on 11:06 - 14 Nov 2011; edited 1 time in total

chris-red

PostPosted: 10:56 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
squeezing past someone down the main straight on the left, when there wasn't quite room, even with my knees in and a rather bargy-out braking manoeuvre in to the penultimate hair pin.)

This was hilarious, you coming up behind someone one knee scraping the tyre wall the other in their back Laughing

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 15:18 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt robbed, i was being nice and going round the outside, only to lose the lead to hellbent G pushing his way through Razz

ill give you a better race next time Smile

Its a shame the last karting race was a bit of a kuffufle, it was so easy to win it was almost hollow, but not quite Razz.

After several mini moto crashes im hurting today too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My calf has a purple bruise the size of a kiwi! I showed it to my workmates and i can only assume it was from the tumble and having a footpeg driven into me! Driving to work was a killer... Strained groins and rolled ankles. I wish my car had bucket seats because my lumbar region is feeling quite tender.

steven_191
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:10 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
It seems that the current trend is towards facial fuzz, marriage, responsibility, cars and Guy Martin style Mutton Chops. Perhaps we can blame some of it on Mo-Vember...?

Despite not being able to ride or drive karts, I'm still glad I went. Really good to catch up to the 'Old Skool' BCFers, but it is a little scary to think that next year will be the ten year anniversary of BikeChatForums! Next year I'll do my usual 'mobile chicane' thing and normal service will be resumed.

Twas a great day out! Smile

I just love the side burns!!

im in the process of converting my 1.4Gb videos down to a more resonable 400Mb. Ive done the last of the karting ones and the light is pretty crap. Just doing the first mini moto one which should have the best light. Will try to upload them to the tube and link them on here.

I just watched the karting one. pretty good stuff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:24 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh; if I remember, you only got past me in the first place thanks to a not too dissimilar move Wink.

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 17:30 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Heh; if I remember, you only got past me in the first place thanks to a not too dissimilar move Wink.

hahaha

tis racing Razz

not as nasty as M1ke pushing me into the wall to avoid being overtaken

Seb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should know better than that, look at what happened to me last time I tried to pass on the left on that straight Laughing

Gutted I missed it, hopefully next time!

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show us your overnight developments!

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/297669_10150465597810712_500990711_10568099_2046748234_n.jpg

HOW DID THAT happen!

I found it agonising driving to work because my groin was strained from the minimoto and my back and sides were killing from karting. Not to mention rolled ankles!

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:05 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seb wrote:
You should know better than that, look at what happened to me last time I tried to pass on the left on that straight Laughing

Gutted I missed it, hopefully next time!

Embarassed Laughing

steven_191
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:59 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I became one with the bike. and the floor

first video is here

its round 3 of the karting. light is a bit crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01ppmC0K3A

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:58 - 14 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video taken from the sidelines of that last session found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0RnB7-Xi3A

(Still processing as I type - it was uploaded in original 3.5gb 1080p so may take a bit of time.)

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:45 - 15 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
The video taken from the sidelines of that last session found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0RnB7-Xi3A

(Still processing as I type - it was uploaded in original 3.5gb 1080p so may take a bit of time.)

My amazing Murray Walker Impression Cool , Sorry it looks like Michael J Fox was doing the recording. Laughing

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 15 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:
G wrote:

hahaha

tis racing Razz

not as nasty as M1ke pushing me into the wall to avoid being overtaken

What happened to you on the straight on the final lap I think it was ?
Laughing

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 15 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
G wrote:
squeezing past someone down the main straight on the left, when there wasn't quite room, even with my knees in and a rather bargy-out braking manoeuvre in to the penultimate hair pin.)

This was hilarious, you coming up behind someone one knee scraping the tyre wall the other in their back Laughing

That was me , felt a knee in the ribs then hit my bars and I nearly lost it bright Orange helmet buzzed by me , weight disadvantage on the straight Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4