Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Can I just say?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Can I just say? Reply with quote

If this is a no no on the forum can one of the mods please remove or move this thread, but...

I picked up my new bike on Tuesday and I actually want to spout good things about the dealer who sold it to me. After reading Ste's problems with online parts companies I wasn't sure what the deal was!

I got it from Acklams Yamaha in Harrogate and they treated me (a relative novice in the biking stakes) with the utmost respect and ade everything really easy.

The best part was on Monday afternoon when I called to check everything was in order for pick up on Tuesday. The sales guy called me back as he was initially with another customer. He explained that there had been one slight problem as the bike I was due to have had been damaged in transit (it was still crated) when they received it. I found out on Tuesday that it was a dented tank and scratched bodywork. They were going to change the tank but decided that it wasn't good enough and gave me a completely different bike, all to the same specs etc.

Only drama I had was calling my insurance company on Monday afternoon at 4:59pm wanting to chage the details! Laughing

Great handover and he even threw in a free disklock as I was browsing the security gear before I picked it up.

All in all first rate. I don't know how many BCF members there are in that part of the country, but I can personally recommend them.

Sorry if this sounds like blatant marketing talk (I'm a PR man!), it's not. I'm just well pleased to have received such great customer service after years of crap from car dealers!!! Rolling Eyes

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, wish my local dealers were more like that, rather than "sorry but were out of stock, we can get it in for friday, of the week after next" Evil or Very Mad

personally i would have asked for a deal on the damaged one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

398cc wrote:

personally i would have asked for a deal on the damaged one.

He left it too late, and I was buying it new so preferred to take the nice looking one! But good point, had I not been in the position to buy what I wanted new, I would have twisted his arm off to get even more off.

Neglected to mention that I got a great deal on it as it was pre-regged anyway. Especially as my local Yam dealer's slaes rep blatantly stood next to me and said that they don't give discount as they can sell them at list price as they are so wanted at the minute.

Not to me he couldn't. Rolling Eyes Wink

Crash it for fun
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:15 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bike is it mate and what is the verdict so far?

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 11 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer 600
Verdict so far? Well, I was a bit aprehensive about the trip home to be honest as it was going to be one of the first major rides on a bike since doing my test AND I had to come down a section of the A1 and M1 Shocked (Stupid of me, I know, but that's just me being a glutton for punishment!)

But it was fine. It behaves itselfs, didn't do anything unexpected. Really comfortable, even for an hour and a half on dual carriageway/motorway riding. I had a slow section of the M1 too as there was an abnormal load.

The trip back from Donington was grin inducing, to say the least. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nice twisty stuff, really easy to control, felt great at different speeds. And it was a pure joy to pass the lorries and cars on the A52 when I knew I had plenty of space. Cool

Bloody weather (and running in, see seperate thread) is against me until next week now by the looks of it, but if the first ride is anything to go by I've found a gem. Thumbs Up from me!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1