Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How much fork oil for CBR 600 FK 1989

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stuster
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:48 - 04 Oct 2011    Post subject: How much fork oil for CBR 600 FK 1989 Reply with quote

Hi guys, i haven't got a manual for this bike and need to now around about how much fork oil to put in,

Thanks in advance Smile
Dr. Quack This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 04 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was done as a measurement from the top of the fork tube to the top of the oil, therefore you work in mm rather than ml. Maybe it's just triumphs that do it that way. Not that it matters anyway as I don't know the answer.

Sorry

BigGeeking
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:06 - 04 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is 2 ways of doing it you can measure from the top with no spring in or the better way to do it is to put the amount of oil in using CC
so lets say that there should be 250CC of oil in the right fork leg then put in 250CC of oil in that fork leg
( 1CC is 1ML - 250CC is 250ML )
they are the same

and use the correct weight fork oil for the bike me thinks it 10w
the oil dose several things but the main one is setting the air gap in the forks Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1