Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NC24 flat spot - any tips?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
 Topic moved: from to The Workshop by Korn (18 Mar 2004 - 13:58)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob_Swin
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:46 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: NC24 flat spot - any tips? Reply with quote

My NC24 is running a bit rough to say the least. I'm gonna get the carbs balanced and i'm gonna get them off and remove any varnishing caused by stale fuel. Can anyone suggest a replacement end can perhaps (?) or anything else to that effect. I'm new to the area where i live and haven't found any trusty garages yet.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:33 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new end can won't help the flat spot.

I believe that Viper make end cans for the NC24. I'm not sure but I think that M&P do them...

Clean out the carbs and get them balanced properly and you won't regret it!

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:56 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Also check the diaphragms in the carbs.

All the best

Keith

Rob_Swin
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:14 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Good info, ta! Reply with quote

Wahay, thanks guys...my first ever discussion on a forum... i feel all warm and part of something!! I am confident about the diaphrams thanks Keith, i've had the carbs off before when i was doing it up so i know that they're all clean and in good condition. As for the balancing i'll get that done and see how it goes, I might even invest in the Vacuum 'thingies' and do it myself. As for the can the current one is on it's way out so i'll check out the M&P catalogue for a new one, the standard ones are like rockin horse s**t to find, as are all bits for grey imports. Think i'll get myself a nice standard British spec bike next! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 23:17 - 18 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC24s just have a big flat spot at 5500 rpm. The cure is to not rev that low.

Rob_Swin
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:26 - 22 Mar 2004    Post subject: Who are you calling a wimp? Reply with quote

...are you suggesting that i am riding my bike like a puff? It's obvious that the peak torque is at the top end of the rev range but it's gargling it's way through the mid range. I'll go for carb balancing. Thanks for the advice.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1