BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DVLA muppets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 18:35 - 21 Nov 2011    Post subject: DVLA muppets Reply with quote

Background.. I gave my bike to my mate since I can't ride anymore, couldn't find the V5 so told him to register as the keeper in the meantime. Duly got letter saying he would be keeper unless I objected.

Well today I get a letter saying I have committed some heinous crime by not informing them and they want 35 QUID IMMEDIATELY or 55 if I delay. Also enclosed was a sheet of paper explaining all these so called offences. Well I called them, pointed out I was still technically the owner until I change the V5 and he is the keeper, I should inform them of a change of ownership as per their form detailing what they want me to do, but nowhere on their form does it say I must inform them of a change of keeper.

I explained I was in hospital at the time, she asked me to put it in writing, I refused saying not even sure I can write after brain surgery, sheasked if someone could write on my behalf. Said I don't want my business broadcast, so she cancelled the fine that really seems to be a mysterious figment of someones imagination
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 21 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

cvnts

Get well soon! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 21 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work fella.

Im in the middle of avoiding a "fine" because they lost my V5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 19:08 - 21 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pissed me off as I knew I had done everything they expect, owner thing not important just keeper, yet they sent a sloppy list of so called offences which does not even mention what they try to fin you for.

How many pay up without even thinking.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 21 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly possibly hundreds if not thousands pay, sorry to change the subject but hows the old noggin doing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everyone just pays up and that is why they do it, the vast majority of people shit themselves as the DVLA use scary words like "fine", "conviction", "court" and various other scaremongering words. Due to this they continue to fine people for things that don't constitute a fine as most of the time it is the DVLA's fault.

If you get something from the DVLA 'fining' you (in reality it's a bribe) and you know you didn't do anything wrong, fight it as much as you can. Any Judge in his right mind would spank the DVLA silly for bringing you to court over a £55 fine where you did everything by the book.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:48 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Re: DVLA muppets Reply with quote

I think they may actually take you to court over this if you're not careful - as opposed to typical SORN stuff.

You did send the V5 off, I'm sure.
Must have got lost in the post or by the DVLA themselves.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVLA sent me a letter saying 'Pay-up-or-else' so I said I would see them in court. Not heard anything since.

(And they have the gall to award themselves some award of excellence!!!)

Always have a 'Plan B'

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 18:58 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have closed it off G, sending V5 is for change of owner, so far only done change of keeper, where new keeper applies to be registered and the DVLA send a letter to the current keeper.

No other way I am aware of changing keeper whilst leaving v5 unchanged.

Noggin ok mate, had mri couple weeks ago and next one booked for 3 months time.More should be seen from that regards any additional growth, but symptoms seem to be stable Thumbs Up

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulington wrote:
Almost everyone just pays up and that is why they do it, the vast majority of people shit themselves as the DVLA use scary words like "fine", "conviction", "court" and various other scaremongering words. Due to this they continue to fine people for things that don't constitute a fine as most of the time it is the DVLA's fault.

If you get something from the DVLA 'fining' you (in reality it's a bribe) and you know you didn't do anything wrong, fight it as much as you can. Any Judge in his right mind would spank the DVLA silly for bringing you to court over a £55 fine where you did everything by the book.

DVLA can only issue penalties or out of court settlements only courts can issue fines. DVLA do not and never have to my knowledge attempted to issue fines.

There is of course little difference but lets at least use the right term Thumbs Up

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:31 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwaks wrote:
They have closed it off G, sending V5 is for change of owner

V5 just covers who the keeper is. The DVLA don't know or care who the owner is.

Kwaks wrote:
Noggin ok mate, had mri couple weeks ago and next one booked for 3 months time.More should be seen from that regards any additional growth, but symptoms seem to be stable Thumbs Up

Sounds like things are looking up Thumbs Up .

All the best

Keith

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 14:37 - 24 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best result is for it to havr slowed growth, hopefully the case Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1