Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


task manager...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:01 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: task manager... Reply with quote

Does anyone else click on the task bar on windows to bring up the task manager and immediately read 'Lock the taskbar' as though the Clash were singing it?

No? oh well, just me...
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:05 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the first symptom of the back aids. Ensure your affairs are in order.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:18 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

er no
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:01 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

I'm an I.T. Pro so use ctrl+shift+esc Smile

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put down the mouse
step away from the keyboard
we have a nice jacket with long sleeves for you to wear
and a room with mattresses for walls you can play in Laughing

https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS8xygwrpI0wIQtRUkuotX-GXnDr4NPUhsTnx1nI3lwz_8Ri4hoRU8eZemRA
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

whitedevil
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would but the shareef dont like it
____________________
GPZ500 sold ~ CBR600FS-2 sold ~ ZX6R sold ~ Street Triple R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:42 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's definitely an overwhelming majority who think I'm mental Sad I just hope now it starts to infect everyone Sharia don't like it, Lock the taskbar, Lock the taskbar.

It's bloody stuck now, I' gonna be head singing those 3 lines all day now Sad

panrider_uk wrote:
I'm an I.T. Pro so use ctrl+shift+esc Smile


You're too old school, you need to move with the times... I use hyper v and remote desktop a lot so I occasionally get the wrong task manager pop up that way so I'm used to always using the task bar.
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Re: task manager... Reply with quote

daemonoid wrote:
and immediately read 'Lock the taskbar' as though the Clash were singing it?


Not until now.

Git.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

daemonoid wrote:

You're too old school, you need to move with the times... I use hyper v and remote desktop a lot so I occasionally get the wrong task manager pop up that way so I'm used to always using the task bar.


I do that all the time when I'm on remote DT
keep forgetting what computer I'm working on. rebooted my server by mistake last week Embarassed
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Nope.

I'm an I.T. Pro so use ctrl+shift+esc Smile

Mark


Don't you mean you open up a terminal and type in 'top'?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost wrote:

Don't you mean you open up a terminal and type in 'top'?


Old school. Terminal? They don't really go together.

Unix / Linux is fairly new school.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Re: task manager... Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
daemonoid wrote:
and immediately read 'Lock the taskbar' as though the Clash were singing it?


Not until now.

Git.

All the best

Keith


+1 Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:05 - 16 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:


Old school. Terminal? They don't really go together.

Unix / Linux is fairly new school.

All the best

Keith


Surely top is as old as unix and predates DOS nevermind task manager?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:17 - 16 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

DOS is even newer school.

Real old school is boxes of punched cards. Old school are mainframe operating systems.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.27 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 84.7 Kb