Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Photoblocker?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

fatpies
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Photoblocker? Reply with quote

Honestly officer I was just carrying it on the back of my bike to go to a party. I had no idea it would work against speed cameras Whistle

https://www.fastcompany.com/1798316/concerned-about-facebook-privacy-drink-up


Yes that is a garage door opener on my bike as well, its purely for automatically opening my garage door*



*even though I don't have a garage

Whistle
____________________
"It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats that? I can't quite hear you...

"even though I don't have a garage"?

Ooooooh....

Whistle

Laughing
____________________
CBT Passed - 22 / 10 / 11 >> Theory Passed - 16 / 02 / 2012 >> Mod 1 Passed - 07 / 03 / 2012 >> Mod 2 Passed - 18 / 05 / 2012.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The legal numberplate was the best completely filled with "0" and "o" believe it was only legal in America though, might be mistaken.

Remember how the speed cameras can't distinguish between them both so you were basically driving with an undetectable license plate, believe they're banned now anyways.
____________________
CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are better, and undetectable ways of stopping a speed-camera grabbing an image.

When introduced, GATSO used silver halide camera film; becouse of fast shutter speed required to avoid a blurry picture, and needing a narrow appature to give an adequete depth of field and again avoid a blurry picture, fast film stock was not enough to ensure an exposure even in good day-light; hence the use of flash lights.

The 'gimmic' in GATSO was that the flash had very high recycle rate; and could give two bursts in the two second interval and STILL be big enough to light up large portion or road.

Dead easy to 'ruin' a flash photo if you know photography....

You use whats called a 'slave cell' to fire another flash-gun, at close quarter over the number-plate, and hence over expose the picture.

I'll let you work out the viability of the recycle time to cover two flashes in short succession......

But these days they don't use ordinary film stock, they use extended response emulsion that also captures reflected Infra-Red light, that doesn't usually produce much of an image on the film you use in your every day snap-shot camera.

Infra red is 'heat' and a standard flash-gun is a 'cold' neon tube, that doesn't chuck out much IR.....

The Gatso camera has IR 'Flash' in it.... and the newer electronic cameras often have completely invisible IR only flash....

Go figure......

BUT, I'll give you a little tip.

Point a TV remote control at a video camera....

The Infra-Red 'remote' works by having a small Infra-Red LED that sends a latern signal, like old fasioned smugglers signalling from coast to ship holding a cover over a candle... only invisibly and much faster, to the TV or DVD or whatever...

Infra red LED's are pennies, and can chuck out an AWFUL lot of Infra-red light.....

IR-LED in my Video Camera remote CAN almost 'white out' the whole picture, if I am pointing the thing at the lense..... which daftly I have to as the sensor is underneath it!
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that a small strip of mirror/party tape immediately above the number plate can fuzzle the image from some speed cameras, alledgedly?
I have also heard of people going to "Clare`s" girly accessories shop and buying cheap twinkly stud earings and by using a bit of savvy, mounting them in the plastic bolts that hold thier number plate on.
Apparently that can muck up the picture from a speed camera as well, gosh who would do such a thing?

Of course it would be illegal to put it directly on the numberplate Whistle Wink
However I think I am allowed to decorate my bike, as long as it`s not a problem to me or other road users Thumbs Up

I dont doubt that some porky will be along soon to tell me if he ever sees me on the road, he will stop me and check my plate and report me if I have any of the above.
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.05 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.09 Kb