 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:27 - 25 Dec 2011 Post subject: GFX choice..... |
 |
|
With all the other upgrades done, ram/cpu/mobo, Im looking at the GFX cards on sale @ dabs, misco, aria and microdirect.
My Mobo is a Gigabyte x58-udr3.
I prefer nVidia over ATI,
This any good?
PNY GeForce GTX 560 Ti 850MHz 1GB PCI-Express HDMI OC1 Edition
Also, best price/performance/storage SSD?
Cheers |
|
 FretGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:06 - 25 Dec 2011 Post subject: Re: GFX choice..... |
 |
|
I have the 512mb version of the that card, but I guess it depends on what games you play to be honest.
I play mostly -
Bioshock 1 and 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Counter Strike: Source
Half life 2
It blazes through all those games, on full settings, without any hassle at all and I'm running this card with a Core i5 2500K and 4GB of Corsair XMS3 RAM. I dare say that your choice of card with the extra memory will probably play the very latest games. Of course this all depends on the rest of your setup.
I also have an OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD. currently going for £139 on Ebuyer.
https://www.ebuyer.com/236497-ocz-120gb-vertex-2-ssd-3-5-sata-ii-read-285mb-s-write-oczssd3-2vtx120g
I have had amazing results with this drive, no issues at all. I chose a 120GB SSD as I have many bits of software and I want a lot of space left over so that the whole drive isn't full.
I've also heard good things about the new OCZ agility 120GB SSD -
https://www.ebuyer.com/268244-ocz-120gb-agility-3-ssd-agt3-25sat3-120g-agt3-25sat3-120g
This drive is a bit cheaper, has theoretical better transfer speeds, but I haven't really checked out a comparison on both drives as I'm quite happy with my current SSD.
Hope this helps,  ____________________ Yamaha MT-09
ಠ_ಠ |
|
 robs321 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 24 Feb 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:36 - 25 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
itll rock with what ya just built! i have a gtx 460, with a core i7 and 12 gig of ram none of the high end cards will struggle!
 |
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:18 - 25 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Seeing as it requires 2x6 pin power connectors guess ill be buying a new psu too  |
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:43 - 25 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just purchased....
2x S222AL 22x DVD+/-RW Lightscribe SATA Black
Ocz 750W ZT Series Fully-Modular Power Supply
GeForce GTX 560 Ti 880MHz 1GB PCI-E HDMI Twin Frozr II/OC
Linking back to original thread.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234929 |
|